Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Where was he for the first 15-20mins of the second half?

Cracking goal :thup:

He was playing wider than the first half which was down to instructions at a guess, the same as Jonas who had played an excellent first 45.

You know that slight feeling of embarrassment you got when you typed that out? Should listen to that feeling more often.

:lol: we're supposed to be discussing the individual player on their thread (see the Ameobi thread for clarification), he went missing at the start of the second half - Mick made a reasoned point, unlike yourself.

Top bombing.

You know that slight feeling of embarrassment you got when you typed that out? Should listen to that feeling more often.

:lol: we're supposed to be discussing the individual player on their thread (see the Ameobi thread for clarification), he went missing at the start of the second half - Mick made a reasoned point, unlike yourself.

Top bombing.

i'm guessing he's so shit scared to veer away from pardews tactics that he stayed wide instead of trying to look for the ball. if he wanders he's likely to end up on the bench again.

I thought him and Jonas would have been given a bit more freedom to switch, given the success of it last week and Jonas in the first half (and second). Seems odd if HBA has been singled out for not sticking to his wing ???

Top bombing.

i'm guessing he's so shit scared to veer away from pardews tactics that he stayed wide instead of trying to look for the ball. if he wanders he's likely to end up on the bench again.

Didn't wander infield much until Taylor came on so more than possible. Got an assist (albeit nowt special) when he did though.

We've found his position. Who would have thought it? O0

I'm still to see him put a decent cross in though - not that the previous incumbent of the right wing was doing that on a semi-frequent basis :( would like to see him cut in and shoot a bit more often, will free up more space for him to get to the byline and drill it across/pull back for Cabaye

Love the guy, but he needs movement around him. The movement off the ball today was very poor in general. With HBA playing with Ba and Cisse we will be sexual to watch.

I thought we could have used him on the left today to provide width - Fulham quickly realised that all our wide players needed to cut inside.

I was pretty much front row next to the tunnel, he more than anyone looked like he was loving the fans and appreciating how much he's loved, particularly before kick off but even at full time. Only a little thing but it was nice to see. Top class player.

3 goals and 3 assists in the 7 or so games* he's played in the Prem and FA Cup this season. Overrated. :bluestar:

(6 Prem - 540 minutes according to FF - including a more-than-healthy spattering of 15 minute appearances across the season. Works out to about 6 games.

1 FA Cup - Blackburn - where he played the full 90, I think).

only caught the end of the game and am watching the extended highlights of the game now but wow this guy is good. How many times did he nutmeg the opponent today? i counted about 3 times in the final 15mins that i saw.

3 goals and 3 assists in the 7 or so games* he's played in the Prem and FA Cup this season. Overrated. :bluestar:

(6 Prem - 540 minutes according to FF - including a more-than-healthy spattering of 15 minute appearances across the season. Works out to about 6 games.

Should ideally play just behind Demba2 when they get back. Mouthwatering stuff.

Should ideally play just behind Demba2 when they get back. Mouthwatering stuff.

aye. i was wary of playing jonas in a middle 3 but he gave me hope there in the first half playing centrally.

Not only is he clearly brilliant his stats here back it up. Goals and assist ratio compared to games started is very impressive.

And Stu, I've seen him put a few good crosses in during his games on the right :-)

Ah, I know he's been getting down the right wing and laying it across, just hadn't seen him whip a cross in :thup:

Not only is he clearly brilliant his stats here back it up. Goals and assist ratio compared to games started is very impressive.

And Stu, I've seen him put a few good crosses in during his games on the right :-)

Ah, I know he's been getting down the right wing and laying it across, just hadn't seen him whip a cross in :thup:

Saw him whip one in against QPR after about five mins on the pitch, we won a corner from it iirc  :)

Guest optimistic nit

have to say, as poor as we were at times today, some of the link ups between jonas and ben arfa were very good. fulham couldn't tackle either today, with a differernt strikeforce we would have been home and dry by half time.

have to say, as poor as we were at times today, some of the link ups between jonas and ben arfa were very good. fulham couldn't tackle either today, with a differernt strikeforce we would have been home and dry by half time.

how many times have i heard that today( well yesterday)

The question you should be asking yourself is, how many times will you be hearing that until the ACN is over.

Guest optimistic nit

true thou, if we had any movement apart from ben arfa and jonas we would have carved them apart. Fulham were woeful in defence, which is what makes this result so irritating.