Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

He's not great in matches where we are the inferior team. Not like I'd ever not start him, but he's fairly ineffective going forward when he doesn't have much time on the ball.

Guest Spiria

Hate to say it but he would fit well in Arsenal.

Yes, lets do the right thing and sell him to Arsenal.

:uglystupid2:

I don't say that. It's just a remark.

Ben arfa was good today when he has the ball.

Guest andrew

i don't think he implied that...........

I don't say that. It's just a remark.

Ben arfa was good today when he has the ball.

Funny that, practically all our midfield and attack are better with the ball than without it..... yet for some reason we decided to hoof it up two front men and watch the ball just come back at us time and time again.

Wrong tactics imo, if we went with something similar to Liverpool, West Brom, Stoke etc etc i think we might have more success.

But it doesnt matter now i just hope we learn from it in the future.

We did that late in the game yeah and was a tad frustrating but that was mainly tiredness and urgency, didn't hoof it much for most the game, it was when Shola was on. Wasn't our worst hoofball either we got some serious chances nad pressure late on.

We did that late in the game yeah and was a tad frustrating but that was mainly tiredness and urgency, didn't hoof it much for most the game, it was when Shola was on. Wasn't our worst hoofball either we got some serious chances nad pressure late on.

We did mix it up true but we hit the long ball all game long, i dont remember many instances were we passed it like we can which is'nt suprising because 4-4-2 is cack when it comes to creativity, passing and movement which is why i dont like to see us playing it..... it only works for so long before you are found out.

Wrong system and wrong tactics for me, but as i said as long as we learn from it i wont care too much.

I would have left Benny on, when you need a little bit of magic you need your magical player on the pitch, but I thought Benny had a poor first 25-30 mins then he did get going after that.

Plus, I don't understand what people think Pardew could have done differently?  His tactics were neccesary for me.

Playing counter attacking footy was perfectly reasonable, took a while to settle but we got some good chances from good footy in the first half. I'm not convinced we could have kept up a high pressing game and not conceeded loads against a team with plenty of players capable of passes beating offside traps.

I would have left Benny on, when you need a little bit of magic you need your magical player on the pitch, but I thought Benny had a poor first 25-30 mins then he did get going after that.

I aggree with that, would have been ba off for ameobi for me, but not sure it would have made a difference at that point.

We did mix it up true but we hit the long ball all game long, i dont remember many instances were we passed it like we can which is'nt suprising because 4-4-2 is cack when it comes to creativity, passing and movement which is why i dont like to see us playing it..... it only works for so long before you are found out.

Wrong system and wrong tactics for me, but as i said as long as we learn from it i wont care too much.

Maybe i was just brain dead but I didn't think that at all. We played a lot of football along the ground, a lot of attacks started with runs just outside our own penalty box and down the left flank.

Plus, I don't understand what people think Pardew could have done differently?  His tactics were neccesary for me.

Completely. We didn't lose because of tactics, we lost because of a cracking finish by Toure.

That too but i felt the system was the wrong system to use against City...... thier tactics revolve around the centre so imo 4-3-3 would have been better to combat that and allow Jonas, Cabaye and Ben Arfa to play in roles they are more comfortable in......

Also i dont believe it would meant more space for City because 4-4-2 is far more open..... i personally believed we would have gave City more problems going forward if we went for 4-3-3 and it gives a defensive stability thant 4-4-2 doesnt.

It worked great against Chelsea because of what sort of team they are but i think it was wrong to use today.

Completely. We didn't lose because of tactics, we lost because of a cracking finish by Toure.

That too but i felt the system was the wrong system to use against City...... thier tactics revolve around the centre so imo 4-3-3 would have been better to combat that and allow Jonas, Cabaye and Ben Arfa to play in roles they are more comfortable in......

Also i dont believe it would meant more space for City because 4-4-2 is far more open..... i personally believed we would have gave City more problems going forward if we went for 4-3-3 and it gives a defensive stability thant 4-4-2 doesnt.

It worked great against Chelsea because of what sort of team they are but i think it was wrong to use today.

Maybe, but I think the margin's were tight enough that it's hard to be clear cut that he got it wrong, and also I don't think we played badly, Pardew wanted pace up the wings on the break and that showed at times during the first half. If we narrowed up to match them centrally I think we may have struggled to let off the pressure. It was bad when Pardew was using that system against teams we could have dominated in centre of park, but don't really think we played much hoof ball anyway, not until shola came on.

Didn't really understand taking him off when we needed a goal, tired or not, he's always the most likely to open up a defence.

Can't wait to see a full season of him.

Didn't really understand taking him off when we needed a goal, tired or not, he's always the most likely to open up a defence.

Can't wait to see a full season of him.

I responded the decision with my usual mega-rant every time Ben Arfa's withdrawn, but he'd ran out of steam and we were pumping balls into the box. Made sense to have that extra aerial presence in Shola.