Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

6 days til De Jong.....

Doubt De Jong will play tbh.

Don't ruin this for me :(

Sorry  :(

Was just hoping Hatem could play without getting his leg cut into pieces  :'(

I was hoping Hatem would totally 'Richardson' him and torment him all match. Before dancing around him and thundering in a late winner.

I do like the sound of that, especially if it involves getting a result from Chelsea in the process  :D

6 days til De Jong.....

Doubt De Jong will play tbh.

Don't ruin this for me :(

Sorry  :(

Was just hoping Hatem could play without getting his leg cut into pieces  :'(

I was hoping Hatem would totally 'Richardson' him and torment him all match. Before dancing around him and thundering in a late winner.

I do like the sound of that, especially if it involves getting a result from Chelsea in the process  :D

Would like to see him "do the Evra" next to De Jong after the final whistle.

Guest Tyson

Really, really, really, want to see what he'd be like on the left wing on a more permanent basis (and with Santon behind him). His wingplay on that side of the pitch in the past month or two, when he has ventured over there, has been nothing short of phenomenal. It has been like an advert for where he should be playing. Maybe he'd score less goals than on the right wing (and that might explain why he's reluctant to play as a left winger), but I'm sure we can all see that some of his ability is wasted on the right flank because of his own limitations, i.e. he might skin the left back down the outside but because he's not comfortable crossing it with his right (and isn't in the right position to cross with his left) the promising situation he has created is wasted. Whereas down the left, as we've seen, he can just whip it in dangerously after beating his man, and we have two pretty damn excellent strikers ready and waiting for that kind of service.

As an in-game change-up (as Fergie uses his wingers), yes.

As a more permanent fixture out on the left edge of a top 3. Couldn't disagree more tbh.

HBA cutting in from the right, creates space for attackers' movement off-the-ball  (after drawing a man or two - out of respect for his shooting ability). Those angled crosses (on the inside of his left) whipped into no-mans land territory in the box (between the keeper & the last line of defense) is a tough ball to defend for any centrehalf lookiing to his clear his line, and it eccentuates the caginess and guile of intelligent strikers that are capable of stealing a couple of yards from their minder, and attackers who ghost into the box from a deeper position. Cisse falls into both categories re-movement.

I think Hatem should be given the freedom to attack the side he feels he can exploit more.  Ba should switch his position in accordance to Hatem's.

I think Hatem should be given the freedom to attack the side he feels he can exploit more.  Ba should switch his position in accordance to Hatem's.

They all switch all of the time anyway. That's why it works so well.

True, but at this moment the impression I got is it is Ba who decide when to switch, and the purpose is mainly to give Ba chance to score.  What I want is it is Hatem who makes the decision, and the purpose is for Hatem to exploit the opponents' full backs.

Guest BooBoo

Not sure where you get that idea from., any switching of positions is quite clearly instructed from the bench.

he was out of sorts at wigan, then again so was everyone else.

we need him at his best if we going to get something vs chelsea. 

he wasn't out of sorts. he was our most threatening player when he actually got the ball and not just in the 2nd half either as he created a chance for Ba near the end of the first half.

Not sure where you get that idea from., any switching of positions is quite clearly instructed from the bench.

yeah the 3 change around throughout the game, which is as it should be. take cisse's goal vs stoke for example, ba was out on the left, ben arfa through the middle, and cisse started the great run for his goal from a position wider than the stoke left-back.

if he playes well against chelsea and citeh i really can't see how we wont be in the euro's squad.

also, is there any other song for him apart from the shoot 1970's style "hatem ben arfa" ? I was thinking along the line os the ginola song using "lola, L O L A, lola"...

"he makes us sing and he makes us dance

he's a superstar and he comes from france it's ben arfa,

it's hatem ben arfa"

Odd thing to say, I'd suggest it's due to the normal flow of the game. i.e if Cisse finds himself out wide when we lose possession he fills in, if Ba's more central at the time he takes the central role etc. You can see them telling each other where they're going during games, players with a bit of footballing intelligence don't need to be told where to go all the time.

if he playes well against chelsea and citeh i really can't see how we wont be in the euro's squad.

also, is there any other song for him apart from the shoot 1970's style "hatem ben arfa" ? I was thinking along the line os the ginola song using "lola, L O L A, lola"...

it's hatem ben arfa"

The radio gaga one is good

Odd thing to say, I'd suggest it's due to the normal flow of the game. i.e if Cisse finds himself out wide when we lose possession he fills in, if Ba's more central at the time he takes the central role etc. You can see them telling each other where they're going during games, players with a bit of footballing intelligence don't need to be told where to go all the time.

In terms of tactics I can see what Otter's saying, but watching the games it's clear that our players have been given the freedom to fill in eachothers positions relatively flexibly. It's one of the strengths of the 4-3-3 IMO.

it's hatem ben arfa"

The radio gaga one is good

How my kinks Shola one didn't take off first is criminal. Like them both though.

f***ing love this c***

I concur with that c***.

In Australia.. If you call someone a cunt in conversation.. it generally means that they are considered as a good mate .. However if you call someone your mate .. you really think they are a cunt .. :D such a great country

it's hatem ben arfa"

Majestic.

Guest bimpy474

Can i reclaim the word "Minge", not for any reason really, i  just laugh so much at it.

Also Bumhole, clangers and flaps make me roar with amusement.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

hopefully terry wont try nd give him a dead leg or anthin like tryed with sanchez. Scumbag that terry, can't deal with cleary more talented players than himself so he tries and gives him a knock.

Can i reclaim the word "Minge", not for any reason really, i  just laugh so much at it.

Flaps is a classic. Ill allow you to reclaim such words.

Guest bimpy474

Woohoo :D

I fucking love that cunt ben arfa, i bet he fondles all the flaps, minges and clangers in the world, id even fondle his bumhole ;)

Guest bimpy474

I fucking love that cunt ben arfa, i bet he fondles all the flaps, minges and clangers in the world, id even fondle his bumhole ;)

Clangers for future reference means goolies in my household :D