Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Best beer ive had is Hofbrau...unbelievable brew. Coronas are lovely on a 40 degree summers day here in oz though. Nothing beats it.

Always have it at home. That and Becks Gold.

Did really my one sentence make this into a beer debate? Decent. :lol:

Are you living in Germany David, if so whereabouts? Easily my favourite country to visit in Europe.

In Bavaria. Near Augsburg / Munich.

Awesome! Been there a few times. Best beer, food and countryside youll experience anywhere in the world. Enjoy it!

Cheers mate. :thup:

Agree, in generel, it's a real decent place to live at. Still doubt I'll get that old here. Fancy a challenge somewhere else.

Guest firetotheworks

I'll obviously support England, but it's hard to when the only thing I have in common with the players is nationality. Half of the English squad come across as, or are, despicable human beings.

Watching England in the red hot sun on some big outdoor screen with a few beers, heaven.

Yeah, except the beers supplied at anything organised like that are usually pisswater like Carling, Carlsberg or Stella.

If your shit beers are Carling, Carlsberg, and Stella, consider yourself lucky. Nothing but Bud Light and Coors Light in the states when it comes to truly piss. I don't even consider them beer.

Watching England in the red hot sun on some big outdoor screen with a few beers, heaven.

Yeah, except the beers supplied at anything organised like that are usually pisswater like Carling, Carlsberg or Stella.

If your shit beers are Carling, Carlsberg, and Stella, consider yourself lucky. Nothing but Bud Light and Coors Light in the states when it comes to truly piss. I don't even consider them beer.

I miss my middle ground beers. Bud/Coors/Miller Light are the only cheap beer options. Stella etc costs a shitload and the only other options are expensive local 6-7% beers, which I like, but I can't spend a long night out on that heavy a drink. Woe is me.

Was out on Saturday at a place I usually never go to, don't know why we ended up there. Got served fucking warm Coors Light on bottle cause it was all they had after they had sold out their draught beer. Was fucking disgusting.

My perfect scenario would be for HBA and Cabaye not too play (or play shit & get dropped) come back to Toon fit, with a point to prove, and raring to go for the new season. France go out and England go through, happy days.

RE: It's not necessarily that you're supporting Terry or whoever, you're supporting the badge, the flag, the history and whatnot. Much like how I'm guessing most of you didn't run off too support whoever else when Barton was in jail and/or Ashley being a cunt. Yes, your nationality is not something you have much say in but neither is your club (for most).

My perfect scenario would be for HBA and Cabaye not too play (or play shit & get dropped) come back to Toon fit, with a point to prove, and raring to go for the new season. France go out and England go through, happy days.

It's not necessarily that you're supporting Terry or whoever, you're supporting the badge, the flag, the history and whatnot.

:pokerface:

Nah.

Viva la France!

This is great news, so pleased for Hatem :) He's going to unleash hell upon England (him and Cabaye) but tbh, think I'm going to stay neutral on the 11th - on the one hand, will be great to see Ben Arfa and Yohan playing but on the other, I really can't support any other team over England.

Guest hatem garrincha

The player's numbers  :

1 Lloris, 16 Mandanda, 23 Carrasso, 3 Evra, 21 Koscielny, 5 Mexès, 4 Rami, 22 Clichy, 2 Debuchy, 13 Reveillère, 6 Cabaye, 12 Matuidi, 18 Diarra, 17 M'Vila, 15 Malouda, 8 Valbuena, 11 Nasri, 14 Menez, 7 Ribéry, 19 Martin, 20 Ben Arfa, 9 Giroud, 10 Benzema.

My perfect scenario would be......

Hatem tearing every opponent a new one. Completely overshadowing Benzema he's hailed by everybody as Messi v.2.0, . His reception when he returns back to Newcastle is like the second homecoming of Jesus. Next day we read on the official site that Hatem is forever grateful to Pards and NUFC for saving his career and that he's signed a new 6 year contract. For a maximum bulge in your pants, imagine a picture where Hatem is sitting behind a table with a pen in his hand, ready to sign the contract. He got that cute little grin of his. Next to him stands Pards, slightly bent, with an arm around Hatem's shoulder. He's put on that smile that no woman can resist.. :fwap: :fwap: :fwap:  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:

That is actually my dream scenario this Euro.

I don't see the issue with preferring our players to do well, England is my country but the side is full of the same horrible pricks it has for years and they play boring, insipid football. The media are detestable and the coverage and hype nauseating. Couldn't give a fuck if we go out at the earliest stage, I'd rather just watch some good football. The last World Cup was fucking disgraceful IMO and for me it was the final straw, particularly given the net result of the FA's 'root and branch investigation' was that Emile Heskey retired.

It's a pity I feel this way about our national team but I do. Fuck them.

Guest Phil K

I don't see the issue with preferring our players to do well, England is my country but the side is full of the same horrible pricks it has for years and they play boring, insipid football. The media are detestable and the coverage and hype nauseating. Couldn't give a f*** if we go out at the earliest stage, I'd rather just watch some good football. The last World Cup was f***ing disgraceful IMO and for me it was the final straw, particularly given the net result of the FA's 'root and branch investigation' was that Emile Heskey retired.

It's a pity I feel this way about our national team but I do. f*** them.

What he says http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/Simon_Gardner/3_up_icon_arrow.gif

Most England fans probably came out of the last World Cup admiring and applauding Germany for showing up those fools in the England set up.

That takes some doing :lol:

Most England fans probably came out of the last World Cup admiring and applauding Germany for showing up those fools in the England set up.

The "celebrities vs footballers" line was one of the best bits of analysis I've ever heard.

Dave is exactly right. The fact that Jack Wiltshire is "our" great footballing hope for the next 10 years makes me sick, for a few reasons. If Newcastle were the club equivalent of England I'd have probably stopped liking football years ago.

I don't see the issue with preferring our players to do well, England is my country but the side is full of the same horrible pricks it has for years and they play boring, insipid football. The media are detestable and the coverage and hype nauseating. Couldn't give a fuck if we go out at the earliest stage, I'd rather just watch some good football. The last World Cup was fucking disgraceful IMO and for me it was the final straw, particularly given the net result of the FA's 'root and branch investigation' was that Emile Heskey retired.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

The "celebrities vs footballers" line was one of the best bits of analysis I've ever heard.

Dave is exactly right. The fact that Jack Wiltshire is "our" great footballing hope for the next 10 years makes me sick, for a few reasons. If Newcastle were the club equivalent of England I'd have probably stopped liking football years ago.

Forever underachieving? Full of pricks? I think we were just that for far too many years.

Best beer ive had is Hofbrau...unbelievable brew. Coronas are lovely on a 40 degree summers day here in oz though. Nothing beats it.

Always have it at home. That and Becks Gold.

Did really my one sentence make this into a beer debate? Decent. :lol:

Are you living in Germany David, if so whereabouts? Easily my favourite country to visit in Europe.

In Bavaria. Near Augsburg / Munich.

My favourite beer anywhere in the world is a draught Aventinus at the Weisse Bräuhaus in Munich.

We've had our fair share of pricks tbf :lol:

Don't have half the passion/excitement for International football that I do for Newcastle but it's sad seeing so many English people not giving a fuck/wanting us to do badly.

I can understand why with the modern footballer but it still feels very, very wrong.

Tbh, when I see talentless lunks like Carroll being selected as our no 9 and the national press lap it up like it's the second coming I just give up basically. This is the same gormless prick who was being laughed at up and down the country when he struggled to hold down a starting place in the Liverpool team. With this attitude to football we don't deserve success.

Tbh, when I see talentless lunks like Carroll being selected as our no 9 and the national press lap it up like it's the second coming I just give up basically. This is the same gormless prick who was being laughed at up and down the country when he struggled to hold down a starting place in the Liverpool team. With this attitude to football we don't deserve success.

WE don't deserve success because of the press.

If WE deserved anything because of the press it would be aids, we shouldn't be tarred with the same brush.