Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I think AP is playing a dangerous game

This 'he's class but effort/attitude not always the best' is only going to rub with HBA for so long

I think ultimately, if AP got a £10m + bid for him, he would go

Not sure you really read the quotes. Pardew actually said that he has good work rate and the issue is consistency in producing those magical moments which whilst difficult is a fair comment to make

This 'he's class but effort/attitude not always the best' is only going to rub with HBA for so long

You're a moron.

Guest sicko2ndbest

You're a moron.

Genuinely distraught

HATEM BEN ARFA must bring more consistency to his game before he can be considered to be a top-class player.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew will tell his flamboyant Frenchman that he has to produce in every single game, which was a level he didn’t quite reach last season.

The 25-year-old is the most naturally gifted player at St James’ Park and scored some remarkable goals in the previous campaign, with his individual effort against Bolton in April one of the best ever seen at the stadium.

But his boss will demand even more from Ben Arfa over the coming weeks and months.

Pardew said: “All my players will tell you that Hatem has talent that a lot of them would dream of. It’s now a case for him to bring it to the table.

“There were games last year when he did and there were a lot of games when he didn’t. Hatem has to bring consistency into his game.

“There is no doubt about him producing the work rate that we ask of him, it’s now about how many times can he can produce some magic on to the pitch and how often.

Spot on again tbh.

Pardew clearly knows what he is doing in regards to his Ben Arfa comments and it also clearly works based on the turnaround in his consistency from March onwards.

Don't understand the final part of your comment tbh, there's no way that is true. Pardew knows what ability he has and that is the reason he tries to make him push himself that bit further. No chance he would 'let him go' for £10m, nor does it have anything to do with Pardew about transfers.

:kinnear:

Sicko in jumping to conclusions shocker !

Not sure you really read the quotes. Pardew actually said that he has good work rate and the issue is consistency in producing those magical moments which whilst difficult is a fair comment to make

:thup:

windowlicker.

Pards is handing out piggybacks?!

I'd never get off. :megusta:

Disgusted that sicko would sarcastically claim to be distraught. Makes a mockery of the rest of us who are genuinely distraught when we misguidedly read his posts.

He can hardly be consistent if he's not starting.  In the run up to the end of the season when he started every game he scored 3 and set up 4 in 11 starts, which is a great record.

Guest Spiria

I think he will only get better. The fact that Deschamps is French manager will see him make all the effort to be a part of the french team again.

I think he will only get better. The fact that Deschamps is French manager will see him make all the effort to be a part of the french team again.

HBA needs to give himself a break from international duty. He's still only had a year back from injury (to the day actually). Play a few years for NUFC, approach the idea of playing for France later down the road. The guy is only 25.

If people expect him to make significant gains on the consistency he showed in the final 3rd of the season, they're going to be disappointed.

He is an amazingly talented player who has shown in the past to be quite a problem character, Pardew has regularly set him challenges that he has taken on and excelled at. I have complete faith that Pardew knows what he is doing and will get the very best out of Ben Arfa, he also knows how to stick his arm round a player and show they are loved which is something HBA also needs.

Imo they are a perfect match for each other which is going to benefit us greatly.

Ben Arfa might react badly to being told he should play further out wide and long ball it in, or told he's just an impact sub, being told he should do amazing s*** more consistently is probably music to his ears, it tells him he's going to get more game time than he got last season, he's going to be allowed to be creative and he's not lacking the self belief that he can do it.

Guest Spiria

Ben Arfa might react badly to being told he should play further out wide and long ball it in, or told he's just an impact sub, being told he should do amazing s*** more consistently is probably music to his ears, it tells him he's going to get more game time than he got last season, he's going to be allowed to be creative and he's not lacking the self belief that he can do it.

I personaly think that he don't know our to play in our 4-4-2 with long ball which go everywhere.

At Lyon, Ben Arfa plays as a second striker. I think he has the potential to play there if it is needed.

If people expect him to make significant gains on the consistency he showed in the final 3rd of the season, they're going to be disappointed.

He is an amazingly talented player who has shown in the past to be quite a problem character, Pardew has regularly set him challenges that he has taken on and excelled at. I have complete faith that Pardew knows what he is doing and will get the very best out of Ben Arfa, he also knows how to stick his arm round a player and show they are loved which is something HBA also needs.

Imo they are a perfect match for each other which is going to benefit us greatly.

I'm still a bit cynical when it comes to Pardew's handling of Ben Arfa. Part of me thinks he did a great job in getting a troublesome solo flair player on the road to recovery and integrated into a hard working team, and that his plan to incite a response from Ben Arfa was one of pure genuis. The other part thinks he was simply lucky that Ben Arfa was at a stage of his career/life where he decided to not throw the toys out of the pram and make the necessary changes (including scoring wonder goals to force his way into the team).

Reason being we've had defensive minded managers before who've shown a similar lack of appetite for "flair" players (Dalglish with Ginola, Souness with Robert, JFK with N'Zogbia) and because those players failed to "respond" the club/team lost out on exciting attacking ability that it failed to replace it for some time - the correct/better management was that of Sir Bobby/Keegan, i.e. to work with the flair and bring the best out of it rather than attempt to mould it into something else. Hence, part of me is still a tad uncomfortable with what Pardew has potentially done here, even if the end result is (at this point in time) excellent.