Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

The following things MUST NOT be posted on the forum at any time.

- Fixtures Lists

- Video Compilations

- ANYTHING from Newcastle World

- Copyrighted Images

- Goal Clips/Highlights/Football clips in general (this includes obvious workarounds such as converting clips to gif files, or using them as your avatar etc)

- Full match torrents

- Match Streams

- Requests for any of the above things, including asking for PMs

Breaking of this rule can result in the forum being shut down, and will result in an immediate 2 week ban.

I must say, I've never seen him ever attempt a header with any conviction in the box before. That header he lept up, attacked the ball and put decent power on it.  He's really playing like our main man and showing it in not only in the tackle (like mentioned earlier by someone), but in passing, dribbling, taking shots, knowing when to pass and bring others in and that very un-HBAlike header.

That's what someone (Anita) that can cross from deep can bring to a side. Whip it in early before the defenders are set and let the forwards attack it. Highlights how much Simpson (Santon's not great at it either) is holding us back. It's actually painful to watch Simpson in the final third.

I must say, I've never seen him ever attempt a header with any conviction in the box before. That header he lept up, attacked the ball and put decent power on it.  He's really playing like our main man and showing it in not only in the tackle (like mentioned earlier by someone), but in passing, dribbling, taking shots, knowing when to pass and bring others in and that very un-HBAlike header.

That's what someone (Anita) that can cross from deep can bring to a side. Whip it in early before the defenders are set and let the forwards attack it. Highlights how much Simpson (Santon's not great at it either) is holding us back. It's actually painful to watch Simpson in the final third.

One thing i've noticed is unless we are on the counter the defenders are always set, we seem very slow on the attack, although it could just be that teams are showing us more respect than i'm used to seeing.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think any teams pressurised us enough to allow us to counter attack them last season. The only team that I remember doing that was West Brom, and we destroyed them.

I don't think any teams pressurised us enough to allow us to counter attack them last season. The only team that I remember doing that was West Brom, and we destroyed them.

Wigan away, and we got destroyed. :laugh:

Agree that we're quite laboured in the build up, don't see much one/two touch stuff.

Rumoured to have been in a car accident. Tried to do a hit and run.

http://i.imgur.com/wcRxV.jpg

More like...his car was towed away due to no insurance.

We can confirm a vehicle was uplifted for having no insurance. The driver will be reported for summons.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/271028

Accident :yao: Hit and Run :yao:

I'd better not be wrong :scared:

Actually from Facebook.  :lol:

I'm not pretending to be ITK, just had some tenuous associate post on someone else's wall. Basically it was sister in law, he was angry. Yadda yadda.

No reason to be any truth in it, but don't know him enough to know his incentive to lie either.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/15/newcastle-alan-pardew-hatem-ben-arfa

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew hails his French maverick Hatem Ben Arfa

• 'Hatem is our best player at the moment,' says Pardew

• Gamble on player who broke his leg has paid off

Louise Taylor

guardian.co.uk, Saturday 15 September 2012 22.00 BST

Alan Pardew's demand that certain players "get their arses into gear,'' reflects a slightly stodgy start to the season on Tyneside but Newcastle United's manager knows things could have been much worse without Hatem Ben Arfa's game-changing presence.

"Hatem is our best player at the moment," said Pardew before Monday's trip to Everton. By coincidence it was a spectacular 25-yard goal that the France international scored at Goodison Park in September 2010 that alerted him to Ben Arfa's potential.

"One of the first things I did when I came here was to end Hatem's loan from Marseille by signing him," said Pardew, who succeeded Chris Hughton in December 2010. "One of the reasons I did so was because of that goal against Everton. It was special and I was keen to work with Hatem."

He was forced to wait the best part of a year to do so. Two weeks after his goal at Goodison, a tackle from Manchester City's Nigel de Jong left Ben Arfa with a badly broken leg. Pardew, though, gambled happily on a forward or attacking midfielder who some said would never be quite the same again. "People underestimate what footballers do in terms of putting their limbs on the line," he said.

"Big joint operations and things like knee replacements are the penalties players face in later life and that injury Hatem suffered will probably affect him in some way in the future but he stills goes out there fearlessly and takes people on.

"You have to take into account that he's liable for those type of bad injuries because people lunge at him. But Hatem's very focused about being a professional footballer. A lot of players could learn from him in terms of that – although he's still a maverick. You never know quite what he's going to do. He gives the team an X-factor, which is important."

At Marseille and within the France camp Ben Arfa gained a reputation as something of a troublemaker known for rarely smiling and brooding about a difficult relationship with his father, a former Tunisia international.

Pardew though has got the 25-year-old laughing and joking. "You have to manage every player slightly differently and the experience of having worked with people like Carlos Tevez [at West Ham] helps me with Hatem," Pardew said. "I'm not sure I'd have coped with him quite so well when I first came into management. But I don't think there are many players like Hatem. When things are going against us he can get us out of trouble."

At a time when Papiss Cissé, Demba Ba and Yohan Cabaye are underachieving and Tim Krul, Fabricio Coloccini and Cheik Tioté are injured, Pardew and Newcastle are increasingly dependent on the maverick.

Guest firetotheworks

He's on course to be my favourite Newcastle player ever. I was incredibly lucky to have Ginola and Beardsley when I was growing up, but imagine watching Ben Arfa as a kid, he belongs in a comic book tbh.

Without putting a downer on things though, I reckon if he keeps playing the way he has so far this season sooner or later a Man U or a Chelsea will come in and snatch him, I expect we'll make a mint on the deal but I can't see him wanting to stay if the big boys come in, seems an ambitious kind of player and probably sees us as a stepping stone.

Without putting a downer on things though, I reckon if he keeps playing the way he has so far this season sooner or later a Man U or a Chelsea will come in and snatch him, I expect we'll make a mint on the deal but I can't see him wanting to stay if the big boys come in, seems an ambitious kind of player and probably sees us as a stepping stone.

Same goes with most clubs and most players.