Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

That's what Hatem needs IMO, a Solano on the opposite flank. Chalk and cheese as wide midfielders but beautiful footballers.

Marv looks similar to Solano.

I hope he gets more time on the pitch.

Nobody on here saw the Leazes Terrace discussion/debate about Ben Arfa yesterday then? 

Leazes Terrace ‏@LeazesTerrace

Drop Ben Arfa and not have that goal. Or drop Ben Arfa and presume you create more goals as a team without him. Unenviable problem.

Personally I'd still stick with him, even drifting in an out of games, for the moment that can produce *that*. But I could easily be wrong.

@MacAree I'd tend to agree, but it is the great unknown sometimes. If Marveaux creates 2 goals and we win... Hypothetical.

Like his stuff and almost exclusively agree with most his tweets regarding formation, players etc.  But failed to see his angle here?  We need him to drift about, as the long ball game with a rigid, flat 4-4-2 is creating fuck all.  Hatem's presence alone draws players all over the shop and keeps opposition defenders guessing all the while.  So far, he's been our go to guy and looks like the only player capable of scoring or fashioning a chance for himself or for others.  He even got in a decent header yesterday FFS  :lol:

Apparently formation wasn't on the agenda in this debate, but if we played HBA in a free role, or wide in a front 3, with less defensive responsibilities.  He'd be the third name on the teamsheet for every game IMO (after Krul and Colo).

I know he's actually advocating keeping him in the lineup, but the thought of dropping our best player never even entered my mind TBH?

Drop Ben Arfa and not have that goal. Or drop Ben Arfa and presume you create more goals as a team without him. Unenviable problem.

Personally I'd still stick with him, even drifting in an out of games, for the moment that can produce *that*. But I could easily be wrong.

@MacAree I'd tend to agree, but it is the great unknown sometimes. If Marveaux creates 2 goals and we win... Hypothetical.

stopped reading

:yao:

Nobody on here saw the Leazes Terrace discussion/debate about Ben Arfa yesterday then? 

Not on twitter and don't really read up on this stuff but what the fuck is he thinking? Drop Ben Arfa? Our only creative threat, our best passer and most mobile and athletic player at the moment? What an absolute waste of time some people's opinions are

Not on twitter and don't really read up on this stuff but what the f*** is he thinking? Drop Ben Arfa? Our only creative threat, our best passer and most mobile and athletic player at the moment? What an absolute waste of time some people's opinions are

I dont think he was suggesting it in w should definitely do it, more of an open question about the dilemma we have.

I wouldn't have him mind but I would also look try and get mar in to help us move the ball around a bit better. 

Not on twitter and don't really read up on this stuff but what the fuck is he thinking? Drop Ben Arfa? Our only creative threat, our best passer and most mobile and athletic player at the moment? What an absolute waste of time some people's opinions are

The only negative about playing Ben Arfa is that it deprives you of Ben Arfa the ultimate impact sub  :)

The fix the the Benny issue (if there even is one) is to play him central in a free role as long as he understands we also need him to chase back when the pressure is on.

He proved he is not one footed and having him wide right takes away from his game and I also feel that he knows this and is a little disinterested when stuck out there.

I was watching on my laptop, so didn't have the best picture, but he seemed to go into a free role towards the end of the first half.  Drifted about quite a bit in the other two games as well.

I really didn't know what our formation was in the second half.  But I do know Hatem looks better when he hasn't got to stick to a set position.  His movement is so good and it will either mean he finds space unmarked, or he'll always have one of their players (or 2, or 3) tracking him, thus opening up space for others. 

Can't believe how shite our movement and 'passing' has been.  If anything, it's been worse than last season.  Hope it's down to fitness issues and not because we're set on playing Allardyce like tactics.

Labelled best winger in the league by a very good Swedish journalist. He has a soft sport for Newcastle, but it's nice to see him getting praise like that.

Marching towards the favourite player ever title.

Link?

The best player i have ever seen play for us. Love watching him play, and every time i can't believe he actually plays for us. Our team and formation should be all about getting the best out of him.

Never saw Beardsley play so HBA is easily the best player i've ever seen in black and white. Shearer was great but a totally different type of player, Hatem's more enjoyable to watch.

His attitude on the pitch has been totally spot on this season, long may it continue.

Tbf his attitude in general has spot on since he joined, i don't know what they do in France but i see nothing which represents a trouble maker.

Either Pards is a genius when it comes to man management or they are complete shat at it in France.

Won't see a bad word said about him from our side.

Hatem Ben Arfa II sounds cool as f***.

Like a one man footballing Led Zeppelin.

I was brilliant, II will be many people's favorite, III will be misunderstood at first but IV will be a classic.

^^^ looking good so far :D