Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Love him so much  :love:

Feared the worst when he cut inside and went onto his 'weaker' right foot... :yao:

Aye he did this just before he scored, had me thinking 'Yeah you're great, but none of this cutting inside and shooting with your right from outside the box'. :lol:

Unbelievable talent.

I remember when someone posted a line about him after we'd completed 1000 pages of his first thread. something about how his first coming would be good, his second (1000 pages) his best and then listed another two. The prophesy is as foretold. Even I, who has always thought he was an incredible talent, didn't expect him to be this good for us

Ben Arfa just before the Spurs game : "he is not fit at all and has a knee injury."

Ben Arfa after three matchs : 2 goals : one to win a game, one to draw and it was a beautiful one.

Guest ThievingMagpie

Hatem has always been world class its just that he has issues and while they aren't apparent when he plays for us, as seen with France they are still there. His father ambushed his agent at the FFA meeting and was screaming about how he stole his son, etc. I can only guess that being away from his dad really helped him.

He doesn't seem to lose the ball as often as he did at the start of last season, imo. I think Pardew's drilled into him that as well as tracking back, he needs to be a lot more economical with the ball - and he is, but without sacrificing any of the other elements of his game.

He's been literally the only bright spot of the five games so far and he's only played in three of them.

Agreed. Ba looks sharp though, is working hard and that goal against Spurs was pretty awesome, he's not getting much created for him.

But Ben Arfa looks to be the only player we have who can create against our opposition. We need another one of him for the left hand side of a 433 and Ba and Cisse can battle it out for the striker spot. Cisse was sensational at the back end of last year but doesn't look all that sharp since the break.

We definitely need more creativity from the left. It would be interesting to see young Campbell there and see if Sammy can do a job there also. Marveux is good in flashes but not convinced he's be better than Jonas.

To think we could have got Hoilett or Johnson to play there really does frustrate me as along with Debuchy it really would have made us a force to be reckoned with in my opinion.