Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

He's too deep almost all of the time.

He needs to be freed up. We should be playing him high up the pitch for three reasons.

1. He can control the ball, so we can ping it into him and he's a good out ball.

2. He'll be committing defenders rather than midfielders when he skins them.

3. If we win the ball high up the pitch, he'll tear teams apart.

As it is, he's far too deep so when he beats a player, he looks up and there's another one there. We should be giving him a free role to do whatever he wants.

Thought he was poor today tbh.

He had nothing to work with, even when he was given the ball he usually had 3 or 4 players around him and he was getting the ball when he had players right up to him rather than in space.  He's one player and we're far too reliant on him because of our deficiencies elsewhere.

Dont disagree with any of that.

This lad got completely fucked by his teammates and our lack of movement today. It's fucking criminal how slowly we move the ball around in the opponent's half and it's always ridiculously systematic and almost never goes through the middle. This is a problem when we don't play our only player who can really cross a ball (ferguson). Hatem has saved our asses all season but he can't do it everytime.

Another who benefits from the 4-3-3, he's picking the ball up too deep and usually has to beat three or four players when he gets the ball. Naturally he manages this occasionally as he's absolutely immense, but he's wasted as a wide man in a 4-4-2.

Was abysmal today,  everyone can have an off day so not going to be too hard on him but he gets far too much arse licking on here,  everyone making excuses for him blaming other players and the team etc.  When he plays bad say he played bad.

The thing that makes it more annoying is the resting of him in the league cup,  he would probably have tore that man u back four to bits and we'd have had a great chance of going through but then after being rested follows it up with his worst display of the season.

Was abysmal today,  everyone can have an off day so not going to be too hard on him but he gets far too much arse licking on here,  everyone making excuses for him blaming other players and the team etc.  When he plays bad say he played bad.

The thing that makes it more annoying is the resting of him in the league cup,  he would probably have tore that man u back four to bits and we'd have had a great chance of going through but then after being rested follows it up with his worst display of the season.

I thought he had his worst game for a while, which was mostly due to the rest of the team but they had too much success down his side of the pitch. Still he gets too much arse licking on here? Really? He's won us half the points we've made this season! (if not more actually)

I don't think anyone is denying he was poor, it's just not much of a worry considering his recent form.

How was he abysmal?

I thought he had his worst game for a while, which was mostly due to the rest of the team but they had too much success down his side of the pitch. Still he gets too much arse licking on here? Really? He's won us half the points we've made this season! (if not more actually)

not denying he has won us half our points and i think he's fantastic and one of my favourite players but just read too much rubbish, if he plays poorly(like today) just say so without making excuses for him and blaming others.

How was he abysmal?

his passing, shooting, decision making, dribbling and defensive play were all way off his usual standard.  Put it this way i doubt we'll be seeing a compliation video from the game.

He wasn't great, and too much of their threat came down his flank for him to be absolved of blame but he wasn't 'abysmal', just too strong a word. He did one world class pass at least I saw, which may not sound like much but was more than everyone else managed

his passing, shooting, decision making, dribbling and defensive play were all way off his usual standard.  Put it this way i doubt we'll be seeing a compliation video from the game.

He wasn't involved much and was marked out of the game, the lack of movement around him and the number of defenders on him isn't his fault.

I only remember 1 shot which made the keeper work and I don't give a shit about his defending, especially when the problem was in the centre of defence.

Guest VanBarduck

I notice something , that I want share about his dribbling which is  his main quality , he succeded 4 dribble against Reading (all in the first period ) ,  a pretty good ratio ( actually the best dribbler in the league ) 5 against Norwich (again all in the first period ) , the  thing is , he's less involved , less effective in second period , why ?

1st ; When the team start loosing the control of the game , he's less involved (reading )

2nd ; When the team start playing long ball , or finding directly the two front striker , he's less involved ( second period Norwich )

3rd ; When the tempo of the game is crazy (everton ) , he's a bit more sloppy , and less effective ( I personnaly think he's no quite adapted to the Premier League )

pardew will have to think pretty soon , Do I build a team WITH ben arfa playing in it , or Do I build a team FOR ben arfa ..

Ba Cissé                                      OR                                              Ba

Gutierrez  Ben arfa                                                              Santon            Ben Arfa

Cabaye Tioté                                                                                    cabaye

Santon-Colo-Taylor-Perch                                                                    Tioté-Bigi

Anita-Colo-Taylor-perch

he isn't a right midfielder. he has looked good there at times because he has the talent to look a very good footballer almost anywhere on the pitch. play him in a more attacking role or on the left to get better from him.

he isn't a right midfielder. he has looked good there at times because he has the talent to look a very good footballer almost anywhere on the pitch. play him in a more attacking role or on the left to get better from him.

Bloody hell, Madras is back. And right too.

Bloody hell, Madras is back. And right too.

Good to see

Fairly anonymous yesterday. When he's not on his game, our midfield is woefully uncreative.

Other than the two goals, I can't think of another decent chance we created.