Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest bimpy474

The beginning of the end for Atam. He won't get the answers he wants and they'll happily take the £10 million for him.

Here comes Mr Cheerful to save the day :lol:

:p

His fee might get us the striker we need now in the Summer /positivespin

Past evidence points to you being not that far off the mark tbf :(

Guest chicken little

The beginning of the end for Atam. He won't get the answers he wants and they'll happily take the £10 million for him.

Here comes Mr Cheerful to save the day :lol:

:p

His fee might get us the striker we need now in the Summer /positivespin

Past evidence points to you being not that far off the mark tbf :(

bullshit, mike ashley has never once sold hatem ben arfa

Oli Price-Bates ‏@OliPriceBates

Hatem Ben-Arfa "I am interested by Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. Today, these clubs are over Newcastle," #afc #cfc #lfc #nufc

I really wish Journalsits were held to account for this sort of thing. It's not even twisting words, it's making them up.

Hatem Ben-Arfa "I am interested by Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. Today, these clubs are over Newcastle," #afc #cfc #lfc #nufc

I really wish Journalsits were held to account for this sort of thing. It's not even twisting words, it's making them up.

Pretty disgusting that.

Honestly, the thought of Hatem leaving in the summer has put me in a worse mood than the Remy thing tonight.

Wut?

What a bellsniff.

I was just going to send this tory boy a message to pull him up on this but it seems he's already deleted this tweet.

What did he actually say? Haven't heard/read/seen the interview :undecided:

Roughly ... "In the Summer there were 3 clubs interested in me and had some contact, they were Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea. I wanted to stay here as I have great admiration for this club. Those clubs today are above Newcastle but with the addition of a couple of players we could catch these teams".

Then that tory boy has done his own ridiculous translation.

Roughly ... "In the Summer there were 3 clubs interested in me and had some contact, they were Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea. I wanted to stay here as I have great admiration for this club. Those clubs today are above Newcastle but with the addition of a couple of players we could catch these teams".

Then that tory boy has done his own ridiculous translation.

What the f**k? That's not even close :lol:

Agree, they should be held accountable for the shit they make up  :laser:

Guest ItalianMagpie

I seriously wonder what kind of rotting process is taking place in HBA's head.

The club is fighting in a relegation battle, we lost Ba, we've been massively decimated by injuries, we struggle to get players in, we're about to lose our captain and one of our best players and you can't think anything better to say that you'd like to play for PSG? ffs

Alexandre Ruiz - Will you be interested if Chelsea wants you ?

Hatem - Yes

Alex - Arsenal ?

Hatem - Yes

Alex - Liverpool ?

Hatem - Yes, all these clubs are over Newcastle today but we can compete with them if we buy some players.

Alex - What about Barca ?

Hatem - If they buy me they'll put me on the bench. lol

Guest tollemache

The club is fighting in a relegation battle, we lost Ba, we've been massively decimated by injuries, we struggle to get players in, we're about to lose our captain and one of our best players and you can't think anything better to say that you'd like to play for PSG? ffs

This is another symptom of the mental illness fans have where they assume that players' statements in the media are all unsolicited and apropos of nothing, as though the media mill is powered by players arbitrarily ringing up journalists to offer their opinions on subjects of their choice rather than being asked a series of questions and having their answers pruned and edited.

He was asked a question about PSG, being a known PSG supporter, and said that obviously it'd be great to play for them one day but his mission now is to help Newcastle. Short of refusing to answer the question he couldn't have been much more diplomatic.

People do this about managers they dislike all the time - Big Sam used to cop a lot of vitriol when an opinion of his would appear in the press. "Why won't he shut up instead of getting on with his job?" or whatever. Because part of his job is to answer questions put to him by journalists you bunch of abject spackers.

This is another symptom of the mental illness fans have where they assume that players' statements in the media are all unsolicited and apropos of nothing, as though the media mill is powered by players arbitrarily ringing up journalists to offer their opinions on subjects of their choice rather than being asked a series of questions and having their answers pruned and edited.

He was asked a question about PSG, being a known PSG supporter, and said that obviously it'd be great to play for them one day but his mission now is to help Newcastle. Short of refusing to answer the question he couldn't have been much more diplomatic.

People do this about managers they dislike all the time - Big Sam used to cop a lot of vitriol when an opinion of his would appear in the press. "Why won't he shut up instead of getting on with his job?" or whatever. Because part of his job is to answer questions put to him by journalists you bunch of abject spackers.

That is top, top abuse. Cap doffed sir  :lol:

That is top, top abuse. Cap doffed sir  :lol:

:lol: I read all that and then burst out laughing at that last sentence. Superb.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I know that, I wasn't born yesterday.

Still, he knows as much as I do what papers would do with stuff like that, so why to even say something about PSG now?

Guest tollemache

Because it probably seemed almost impossible not to.

"So Hatem, you're a lifelong PSG fan as we all know, would you say you'd like to play for them at some point?"

What's he meant to say? "No. Can't say the idea of fulfilling a boyhood dream and playing for my favourite team appeals particularly". Yes, the question is a trap and yes the journalist is going for a nailed-on quote that he can cretinously distort to get the mouth-breather contingent among his readership excited, and if Ben Arfa really had his media training chops about him he might have carefully sidestepped it, but there is little he could've said that couldn't have been twisted. "It is pointless to discuss that now because I am focused on Newcastle" becomes "PSG FANBOY BEN ARFA: 'IT'S ALL ABOUT NEWCASTLE - FOR NOW'".

There's only so much you can do, and I think it's silly to blame him for answering the question honestly (even being careful to emphasize he was totally focused on Newcastle) just because it was, like almost anything he could've said, hopelessly distorted by the journo.

He says maybe he should leave if there is no ambition. Not signing a single 1st team player last summer is pathetic for an ambitious club. In fact, it's not a sign of ambition at all.

I love that he loves us but if he thinks we're becoming bad for his career we've lost him.