Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest VanBarduck

Pictures of him training again  :drool: can't wait.

Where?

Not yet , mate. Can't wait to see his smiling face too

http://www.foot-anglais.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/ben-arfa-de-retour-%C3%A0-lentra%C3%AEnement.jpg

"come on Mike , I just nutmeg you twice in a row ?! "  ;D

How many games will he have missed and was it worth trying to rush him back from an injury he sustained in a game he shouldn't have came within a milion miles of playing in?

9 league games if you include Villa and Chelsea. While hamstring injuries are notoriously difficult to gauge I do find it strange that they brought him back for the Fulham, reported he'd had a "set back" but then realised that the damage sustained was enough to keep him out for months rather than weeks. Were the signs not there (scans/physio reports) that he was still very much touch and go and that a real set back was on the cards if he played? If it had meant he was out another 2-3 weeks I could understand as it would show only a minor ste back but definitely a cock up a long the line there somewhere it seems.

Pardew:

He’s our best player, perhaps outside of Hatem, certainly our most influential midfield player

Sure he's not talking about Cabaye?

He is talking about Cabaye and says that he's our best player, and then hints that Ben Arfa might be better than him when he says "perhaps outside of Hatem."  I find it reassuring that Pardew rates Ben Arfa so highly.

You should never blame injuries, but there's no way in hell we'd be in this situation had him and Cabaye been fit. Think we'd be at least up with Fulham, West Ham and Norwich so I'm not saying they're miracle workers, just the difference between Pardew doing a crap job and a shit job.

Pardew:

He’s our best player, perhaps outside of Hatem, certainly our most influential midfield player

Sure he's not talking about Cabaye?

He is talking about Cabaye and says that he's our best player, and then hints that Ben Arfa might be better than him when he says "perhaps outside of Hatem."  I find it reassuring that Pardew rates Ben Arfa so highly.

:thup:

You should never blame injuries, but there's no way in hell we'd be in this situation had him and Cabaye been fit. Think we'd be at least up with Fulham, West Ham and Norwich so I'm not saying they're miracle workers, just the difference between Pardew doing a crap job and a s*** job.

The injuries are no excuse for the results we've had against lesser teams.

Been way too long since we saw Ben Arfa play. Can't wait to see him again, top top class player. He'll probaböy be back to his best ever soon as it looks like we're going to play a system that suits him and our other players better. And the new signings added to this (especially Debuchy)

My favourite, what a player! Makes football worth watching.