Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

“Hatem doesn’t want to go to Monaco or Paris Saint Germain, he wants to play in front of a stadium full of Newcastle fans who feel the same way about him as he does about them,” a source close to the player said.

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

Properly, properly love Ben Arfa like. He's a maverick.

Honestly, if he signs a new deal I'll probably forget the past week :lol:

I'll settle for him running out at SJP come the new season at the moment.

i'd settle for him being the fucking manager :lol:

I'd be thrilled at this rumour if it wasn't for the goon who will be negotiating Hatems new contract on behalf of the club.

I've no doubt at all Kinnear is the man to turn a silk purse situation into a sows ear.

Guest Lalasialex

Where do you people reckon HBA's best position in out team is?

Him on the right cutting inside an actually allowing Debuchy going forward would be a rightside good enough for most teams in the league... If Deb get back to the level he was before he came that is..

I'd just like him to be given a free role behind the striker, free to drift out wide if needs be. 

I understand the need for him to track back at times but I'd rather he didn't have to worry about it too much as he should always be an option when we're on the break.

Too many times have we regained possession, tried to break but the only option is to get it to Cisse, who has to try and hold it up till any help gets forward.  Suppose I'm just greedy and always want HBA on the ball running at the opposition :lol: :drool:

Guest Lalasialex

I'd just like him to be given a free role behind the striker, free to drift out wide if needs be. 

I understand the need for him to track back at times but I'd rather he didn't have to worry about it too much as he should always be an option when we're on the break.

Too many times have we regained possession, tried to break but the only option is to get it to Cisse, who has to try and hold it up till any help gets forward.

Agree, and he'll drift a bit from side to side anyway.

But then, one or two strikers?

What kind of player on the left/right?

Don't think AP is the man to figure it out..

Where do you people reckon HBA's best position in out team is?

Him on the right cutting inside an actually allowing Debuchy going forward would be a rightside good enough for most teams in the league... If Deb get back to the level he was before he came that is..

I would say in a free role on the right side of a front 3. It demands alot of the rest of the team, both in terms of movement and protecting his side defensively, but it is really worth it.

For him to be given any type of role in a front 3, or behind the striker, he needs to be scoring 10-15 goals a season.

Aye he's going to score 15 goals a season when he's recieving the ball closer to Krul than he is to Cisse.

We all saw what sort of damage Hatem can do when he's the right side of a front 3, actually close to the main striker and allowed to roam across the front line.

He'll have to start playing more games to get anywhere near that figure plus his stats show him having a better goal return in the PL to Ligue 1 so it'd be a tall order. 30+ games next season in league for this kid and it'll be good regardless of where he starts.

That was my only point. Depends on the system. If we have a front 3 - we would expect them to have 45 goals between them (if we want to challenge top 6)

Dont think we have any of the players to be effective in a front three. (and by effective - i dont mean look pretty, i mean getting 40-45 goals between them)

That was my only point. Depends on the system. If we have a front 3 - we would expect them to have 45 goals between them (if we want to challenge top 6)

Dont think we have any of the players to be effective in a front three. (and by effective - i dont mean look pretty, i mean getting 40-45 goals between them)

45 strikes me as a lot, I haven't done any research but the last prolific front three I can think of was Chelsea with Duff, Robben and Drogba.

Ah right my apologies, i do agree mind but i do think a big part of the problem is how disjointed the team is and how much lack of movement there is.

You would see a lot more goals if the team was more compact with the space between the CBs and the CFs being a lot closer than it is right now.

You fix that problem and you fix the large majority of the issues, although we do lack quality in certain areas than no coaching or tactical brilliance can fix.

45 strikes me as a lot, I haven't done any research but the last prolific front three I can think of was Chelsea with Duff, Robben and Drogba.

Yep, maybe it is, but lets say:

Striker: 20

LF/RF: 20

Guest Lalasialex

45 is a lot, don think any of the teams this year had a top three scoring that amount..

City closest with Dzeko, Aguero and Tevez at 40 or something?

But if we could get to players over 10, one of them over 15 and have HBA as well around 10 it'll be very good. And get one goal on a corner:)!