Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

That goal was just something else. The way the crowd reacts is fantastic too. The moment he receives it on the turn it's almost like a confused murmur; then the way the noise builds until the finish is just brilliant. Awesome, awesome moment. What a class season that was. So many brilliant goals.

Blackburn one was better, mind.

It sucks I could only watch those on Youtube that season, and with the Benghazi bandwidth :(

I'm not one normally given to hyperbole, but I would literally rather liquidate that pizza with broken glass and AIDS, injecting the resultant paste into my hog's-eye than let it anywhere near my mouth. After which TaylorJ should be brought to the Hague for his crimes, and jettisoned into the sun strapped to bin Ladens remains.

And that's before I noticed it was a bit burnt.

The Bolton one wasn't shot from up in a tree, though. Bolton wins.

Was behind the goal for both goals (and I only got to about 6 home games that season :lol: how lucky) and the Blackburn one was that bit better. Easily.

The Blackburn one has more jizzworthy bits of close control and trickery, and he smashes Bunn's face off, but the Bolton one has an endearingly seat-of-his-pants quality to it because of how fast he's running and the times it could go wrong but doesn't. He slides it around the keeper at the last possible millisecond as well.

I was lucky enough to see both in the flesh and I've always thought the Blackburn goal was the more impressive of the two.

From a technical stand point it was miles better, at the time Bolton seemed more important though as it put us joint 4th with 5 games to go  :okay:

I'm thinking (hoping) it's muscle because he's always had fairly big arms so maybe he just likes the gym.

Also if it was fat i doubt he would have the bursts of power and acceleration he showed at times yesterday.

Still didn't look 100% sharp with loose control and sloppy passing now and again but there were one or two moments where he stepped on the accelerator and you could tell he's still going to have some good moments if he gets the ball in the right areas.

He's in absolutely fine shape. Do not get this at all. He's robust and has a low centre of gravity, it's one of the reasons he's so good. He gets out of tight spots better than anyone in our squad bar maybe Cisse.

He's in absolutely fine shape. Do not get this at all. He's robust and has a low centre of gravity, it's one of the reasons he's so good. He gets out of tight spots better than anyone in our squad bar maybe Cisse.

Yep. Certainly not a chiselled athlete cut from the pages of a fitness magazine (befitting of Moussa & Remy) but that's (bit placed in bold) his natural physiological advantage, and enables him to ride a challenge & produce some penny cutting changes of direction.

Messi (similar build) isn't exactly a testament to modern sports science either, and it hasn't affected his ability to get out of a logjam with the extra defensive attention he receives (courtesy of a floating midfielder hanging off his every move, in the hole). And Messi is usually swarmed upon his 1st touch (which is soft). Given that he is always a marked man, that centre of gravity gets him out of the shit often.

Marveaux and Hatem are much better at it than Cisse.