Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Clark just pushed him over, he didn't even try to disguise it :lol:

Such a horrible decision.

didn't seem like a strong push in real time. as if ben arfa went down easy because he received the slightest touch. when you see it again and again you see there was more in the push than at first sight.

Clark just pushed him over, he didn't even try to disguise it :lol:

Such a horrible decision.

didn't seem like a strong push in real time. as if ben arfa went down easy because he received the slightest touch. when you see it again and again you see there was more in the push than at first sight.

It was a push with two hands, surely that should be a penalty when the player is running full tilt with the ball under control in the box? It's not as if it's one of these 50/50 shoulder challenges, he uses both hands to shove him over. No doubt in my mind, poor decision.

In real-time it looked like a pen, but sort of a soft one in the sense that the guy didn't hack Ben Arfa down or anything, rather it looked a clash of bodies.  Still looked a pen.

Replays showed it to be ridiculous, Ben Arfa about to pull the trigger (albeit at a stretch) and the defender stops that happening by pushing him over with 2 hands.

I actually thought both sides were poor, but the difference for them was Ben Arfa. We allowed him to play his game FAR too much, but he was a class above.

lol it was as bad a performance as I've seen from us in a long time. Lambert really made a mess of his tactics. We were tore apart down the wings all game, both our full backs had no protection and nothing was done about it.  Ben Arfa will rape most full backs if he is left to go 1v1 with them. 

Newcastle are on this evidence a good side.  Sissoko was excellent, Ben Arfa unplayable, Remy a threat, Cabaye is class and the Yanga - Collocini partnerships looks very promising. Nice reality check for our boys, we are a team that cannot afford to coast or play laxidazically as we will probably get beat! I believe a midtable finish is likely though.

Man for man Newcastle are a better team than us, although they don't always play like it, but I hate losing to that smug tosser Pardew.

Luna - 2 (Ben Arfa destroyed him and made him look like a pub player)

The international break came at the wrong time for us IMO. We've lost our momentum and we looked rusty today. Newcastle are a much better team with Ben Arfa in it and I suspect they won't struggle so badly this year, despite the best efforts of Joe Kinnear.

We were poor today. I didn't expect that level of performance

A lot of players had an off day, too many.

Ben Arfa showed what a class player he is. When he ran at our defence we were all over the place

Sissoko bossed us most of the first half

Got to work on playing through teams like we briefly showed towards the end of the first half.

Worst performance I've seen in a while, hoofing the ball stinks of desperation. We're better than that

how did newcastle manage intice ben arfa to sign for them? hes far too good for them

If Newcastle kicked the ball as they did .. They might get the Top 6 or 7 spot .. Everton seem to be one of the 8 though it's still early days ..

If that's the case .. Then we've played 4 out of the top 8 .. (tbh there is no player as good as Ben Arfa in the bottom half) !

I don't rate Weimann a lot tbh .. He seem useless a lot of the time .. I'd like Lambert to be brave and throw Tonev instead of him ! << When I saw Ben Arfa I started thinking of Lesitinne but nothing could change now ..

I have a feeling some poor full back's gonna show him far too much outside soon and he'll rattle one in the corner with his right.

That Alan Hansen comment on MoTD was impertinent tbh - "just show him outside". His left is obviously his stronger foot, but his turn of pace/explosion is so good that he can still hurt you from the byline tbh - and probably have time to come back on to his left once he's got round you.

He put in a number of good crosses with his right against Fulham. Alan Hansen has been shite for at least 5 years as a pundit.

He's worth making captain just to keep him here. And I suspect he'd be absolutely delighted to be captain, as it's about as big an endorsement a football club can give in terms of singling out a player as being a model professional, i.e. it'd reflect his new-found maturity, which may (or may not) be something that has been overlooked in France (can imagine many folk may still view him as a bad boy as it's a reputation that's not easily shaken, e.g. Anelka and all the bollocks about him being a trouble maker).

I get mocked at work for saying that when fit Ben Arfa is the real deal, not just a Sessegnon or Nasri who summons up the occaisional bit of magic but has it all. If he completes the season how he's started he'll be a legend and there's no reason beyond injury why he shouldn't. He doesn't sulk, flit in and out of games, he tries and tries and will get assists and goals by the bucket load if he stays fit and is used right.

Guest firetotheworks

At the time I said it was a penalty, but had that looming doubt that it me having my Newcastle glasses on because he seemed slightly off balance, so I can sort of see how it wasn't given. After the replay I think we were all certain that it was a nailed on pen though, should definitely have been given.

Hansen's full of shit, go on then, keep him on his right  :lol: he'll still go past the majority of defenders on the outside if he has too.

I did chuckle at that like. Yes, he favours his left but there's a reason that defenders are always unsure what he's going to do... he can skin you down the right as well.