Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Just out of curiosity, a mackem i know, has just said after HBA's latest comments, ‘Cazorla/Ozil/Walcott/Mata/Hazard/Oscar/Eriksen are all better than Ben Arfa’, how many of them would you agree with?  Or is there anyone else in the league that is better who he hasn’t said?

Ozil and Mata, maybe Hazard.

Just out of curiosity, a mackem i know, has just said after HBA's latest comments, ‘Cazorla/Ozil/Walcott/Mata/Hazard/Oscar/Eriksen are all better than Ben Arfa’, how many of them would you agree with?  Or is there anyone else in the league that is better who he hasn’t said?

Offensive midfielders in the league that I'd trade him for (excluding the affection I have for him):

Mata

Hazard

Özil

The rest: no. His aestethic perfection and imagination far outweighs the effectiveness and/or functionality of the rest of them.

Ozil and Mata, maybe Hazard.

:thup:

Well i said those 3, i said Cazorla/Oscar is debatable, haven't seen enough of Eriksen to judge and Walcott was a laughable choice.

Guest hatem garrincha

Matt Spiro (@mattspiro) tweeted at 8:31 am on Tue, Sep 17, 2013:

Ben Arfa: 'In 20-30 years, i want people to mention me with Platini, ZZ, Maradona, Pele... when talking about past greats' (FF)

Why Hatem, why do you need to include that shite into an overall good interview ?  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Don't forget James McLean.

All of them play for better teams and are utilised better. None of them have better natural ability, but some have a better brain, better pace, better finishing and end up better overall (Ozil, Cazorla, Mata)

Walcott being on that list is an absolute joke, tbh. He's 90% pace and once that goes he won't have anything to fall back upon. The rest of them either don't really rely upon it already, or are still skillful enough to still be excellent footballers without it.

I can't remember names, and I'm not looking to find out. But it happened. They know who they are.

I'm one of them

:clap:

I like that, hands up and just admit your wrong. Good stuff.

I think I wasn't in same boat as some people thinking he is all that, this season so far he has looked the business. Love watching him, just think there have been far more effective players in the league and for all his talents he only shows glimpses at times. Now that may be the way we have setup or just that he doesn't always apply himself, and then there was his beer gut at back end of season.

He's not done as much as Cazorla/Ozil/Walcott/Mata/ in the league in my opinion, even if you think Walcott is limited, he has still been more effective than Ben Arfa, albeit in a better team. Ben Arfa has all the talents to be up there with all of them and the rest, just doesn't always have that cutting edge that he has shown the last few games

Don't forget James McLean.

Na it's all about Mavrias now or some other no mark that they think is next big thing.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't remember names, and I'm not looking to find out. But it happened. They know who they are.

I'm one of them

I think I wasn't in same boat as some people thinking he is all that, this season so far he has looked the business. Love watching him, just think there have been far more effective players in the league and for all his talents he only shows glimpses at times. Now that may be the way we have setup or just that he doesn't always apply himself, and then there was his beer gut at back end of season.

He's not done as much as Cazorla/Ozil/Walcott/Mata/ in the league in my opinion, even if you think Walcott is limited, he has still been more effective than Ben Arfa, albeit in a better team. Ben Arfa has all the talents to be up there with all of them and the rest, just doesn't always have that cutting edge that he has shown the last few games

Walcott may have shown more in terms of his effectiveness, and done more because of where he is, but Ben Arfa is unquestionably the better player and the better talent. So much better it actually aches.

Basically replace Ben Arfa with Walcott in our team and watch him fail.

Oh I agree

I'm one of them

Walcott may have shown more in terms of his effectiveness, and done more because of where he is, but Ben Arfa is unquestionably the better player and the better talent. So much better it actually aches.

More talent doesn't always equate to better player in this league. How good Ben Arfa would have been if he had gone to Man Utd when scouted at Lyon I don't know, but the fact is he ended up at a club like ours and not there. Walcott ended up at Arsenal probably because Wenger thought he was good enough. Why did Ben Arfa not?

I love watching him etc, but am realistic and he is a flawed player.

Ben Arfa told France Football: “At 26 years old, I still have plenty of time in front of me. I am not about to describe my career prior to retirement.

“I know some will again think that I am mad but I still dream for example of the Ballon d’Or. I am convinced that this is still possible.

“It is forbidden to dream? I disappointed a lot of people over the past years, I have even annoyed many too, no doubt. But those people were right. I was not very professional.

“I think I gradually changed as I have grown up. I have understood some basic stuff with regards to  the strength that a community brings.

“I still believe that one day I will be the best player in the world. But my biggest victory will not be that one. It will be of becoming a well-rounded man after overcoming so many obstacles.”

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/article/81892/newcastle-uniteds-hatem-ben-arfa-dreaming-of-balon-dor-win

This is absolutely amazing. 6 year contract for this here fellow NOW!!!!

Guest firetotheworks

Basically replace Ben Arfa with Walcott in our team and watch him fail.

Oh I agree

I'm one of them

More talent doesn't always equate to better player in this league. How good Ben Arfa would have been if he had gone to Man Utd when scouted at Lyon I don't know, but the fact is he ended up at a club like ours and not there. Walcott ended up at Arsenal probably because Wenger thought he was good enough. Why did Ben Arfa not?

I love watching him etc, but am realistic and he is a flawed player.

Nah, I'm not having that. The question was who is the better player, not who plays in the better team, under better circumstances. Purely going on what I see in them as players, Ben Arfa is a better footballer than Theo Walcott and by quite some distance.