Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Just watched the YT. :sweetjesus: live he was incredible, I've not seen a full back get that badly ruined live in a good while. Absolutely immense player, get this man a contract immediately

He did Enrique at home last season and had him on his arse at least once.

Guest neesy111

Just watched the YT. :sweetjesus: live he was incredible, I've not seen a full back get that badly ruined live in a good while. Absolutely immense player, get this man a contract immediately

He didn't play at home v Liverpool last season.

I think he means the season before.

But HBA did play last year too.

Guest neesy111

Away he did, not in the 6-0. 

Away he did, not in the 6-0. 

He did.

elaborate?

oh you've deleted your post.

Was nothing really, they were going over Ben Arfa's goals/assist against Villa and Fulham and basically said the same thing as Hansen, i.e. show him down the outside.

He'll go outside, and cross like he did when nobody was there to finish and Anita did well to earn us a corner off of it - or he'll go outside and when the defenders are playing catch-up/slide, he'll just cut it back to his left foot and go back inside. Analysts think its easy or something to do that - he'll just twist and turn his way around you and make you look even more foolish. On his day he's unplayable.

Guest VanBarduck

Superb Itw from him in FranceFootball tomorrow apparently, some sincere and touching words. I'll give you a sneak peek as soon as get it.

So many fans love him. Spoke to a Liverpool, an Arsenal and a Spurs fan last Friday. All said he's the player you'd pay most to see in the whole league.

On my way into the bar to watch the match here in Boston, there happened to be a Villa fan standing out front. He was scared to death of Benny. Can only imagine what he was like afterward...he left with about 10 min to go.  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Ed Chamberlain: So what do you make of Ben Arfa?

Carragher: ehhhh he was linked to Liverpool of the summer wasnt he?

Bit more than that like :lol:

Fwiw he said that you could tell that he was special when they played against Marsielle and that when he played Newcastle, the emphasis defensively was to stop HBA. Also made a point about how they backed off because of his ability and paid the price.

Neville spoke about how when we finished 5th it was because of our front three and how they were devastating on the break. He then said that that's what we need to get back to doing. Not really insightful for us, but correct all the same.