Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

When was that, and what were you doing on the pitch?

:lol: what can I say, the emotion overcame me at the end of the game.

Horrible being jealous of an idiot who has shared such a moment with a true great!

Well obviously i was referring to you as the true great.... O0

Ben Arfa told France Football: “At 26 years old, I still have plenty of time in front of me. I am not about to describe my career prior to retirement.

“I know some will again think that I am mad but I still dream for example of the Ballon d’Or. I am convinced that this is still possible.

“It is forbidden to dream? I disappointed a lot of people over the past years, I have even annoyed many too, no doubt. But those people were right. I was not very professional.

“I think I gradually changed as I have grown up. I have understood some basic stuff with regards to  the strength that a community brings.

“I still believe that one day I will be the best player in the world. But my biggest victory will not be that one. It will be of becoming a well-rounded man after overcoming so many obstacles.”

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/article/81892/newcastle-uniteds-hatem-ben-arfa-dreaming-of-balon-dor-win

Ben Arfa told France Football: “At 26 years old, I still have plenty of time in front of me. I am not about to describe my career prior to retirement.

“I know some will again think that I am mad but I still dream for example of the Ballon d’Or. I am convinced that this is still possible.

“It is forbidden to dream? I disappointed a lot of people over the past years, I have even annoyed many too, no doubt. But those people were right. I was not very professional.

“I think I gradually changed as I have grown up. I have understood some basic stuff with regards to  the strength that a community brings.

“I still believe that one day I will be the best player in the world. But my biggest victory will not be that one. It will be of becoming a well-rounded man after overcoming so many obstacles.

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/article/81892/newcastle-uniteds-hatem-ben-arfa-dreaming-of-balon-dor-win

:smitten: Needs to be our next captain.

“I still believe that one day I will be the best player in the world. But my biggest victory will not be that one. It will be of becoming a well-rounded man after overcoming so many obstacles.”

I bet some on here give full credit to Pardew for those quotes. Pardew man management skills changed his attitude.

Hope he has a class season, love watching him play - although did think we should sell him if didn't get consistency.

Have to credit Pardew, I think he has had an influence on him and managed him reasonably well from that point of view

:lol:

Not once in his entire time with us have I ever thought we should sell him. Even when he was injured.

WTF? Consistency. Did you forget we almost went down last season? And we have no hope of attracting someone remotely in the same calibre as HBA who is MORE consistent than him. That person probably already plays for Madrid, Barca or one of the mega clubs of the world.

:lol:

Not once in his entire time with us have I ever thought we should sell him. Even when he was injured.

WTF? Consistency. Did you forget we almost went down last season? And we have no hope of attracting someone remotely in the same calibre as HBA who is MORE consistent than him. That person probably already plays for Madrid, Barca or one of the mega clubs of the world.

I occasionally have mental thoughts :)

Just out of curiosity, a mackem i know, has just said after HBA's latest comments, ‘Cazorla/Ozil/Walcott/Mata/Hazard/Oscar/Eriksen are all better than Ben Arfa’, how many of them would you agree with?  Or is there anyone else in the league that is better who he hasn’t said?

Just out of curiosity, a mackem i know, has just said after HBA's latest comments, ‘Cazorla/Ozil/Walcott/Mata/Hazard/Oscar/Eriksen are all better than Ben Arfa’, how many of them would you agree with?  Or is there anyone else in the league that is better who he hasn’t said?

Hard what to base it on, really. As much as I believe Ben Arfa can be better than most of them it's hard to justify saying he is (daft ones like Walcott aside).

Don't forget James McLean.