Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Unlike the club, Ben Arfa has ambition. He seems to love it here, but if he starts to think we're holding him back a lot he'll go. Having said that have a funny feeling he does appreciate the fans and wouldn't do even a Cabaye and would want to at least leave on a good note.

Having said all that, he has his head in the clouds and believes he can achieve everything, he's not going to wilt under the pressure he's going to try and drag the whole team with him. 

:love:

Matt Spiro (@mattspiro) tweeted at 8:31 am on Tue, Sep 17, 2013:

Ben Arfa: 'In 20-30 years, i want people to mention me with Platini, ZZ, Maradona, Pele... when talking about past greats' (FF)

It's this sort of astonishing self delusion and amazing talent which makes him even more endearing.

Guest hatem garrincha

This season is the moment of thruth for Hatem if he can stay injury free. I hope it'll be the season of all the promises and it'll continue in the long term.

I hope he'll radically and once for all shut up some frogs mouthes (there're plenty) who hate the difference and players who don't fit the traditional mould of the french football formation.

Matt Spiro (@mattspiro) tweeted at 8:31 am on Tue, Sep 17, 2013:

Ben Arfa: 'In 20-30 years, i want people to mention me with Platini, ZZ, Maradona, Pele... when talking about past greats' (FF)

Why Hatem, why do you need to include that shite into an overall good interview ?  :lol:

Can't believe he omitted Lampard tbh.

I said he couldn't spend so much time on the sidelines again because he's taking up valuable wages and our owner is tight. I stand by that, if he ends up spending half the season out injured again then we'll be seeing plenty of Jonas and maybe even Obertan so it might require a re-think. If we can keep him fit most of the time then of course he's one of our most indispensable players.

I said he couldn't spend so much time on the sidelines again because he's taking up valuable wages and our owner is tight. I stand by that, if he ends up spending half the season out injured again then we'll be seeing plenty of Jonas and maybe even Obertan so it might require a re-think. If we can keep him fit most of the time then of course he's one of our most indispensable players.

:thup:

i notice he's inconsistent and doesn't provide the sort of end product he should

And it's daft to just blame Ben Arfa for this when he's had to play in disciplined 4-4-2 and do a lot of defensive work on a regular basis.

You think someone like Theo Walcott would have had the same effect he did last season if he had to work under the same circumstances?

Well of course, any player would struggle in our setup that is obvious but still fact of the matter is what ever the reasons are Hatem hasn't been as productive as his talent level says he should be.

I hope this season is when that changes,  nothing would please me more than to see a Bale like blowout for HBA. ( but he stays of course)

Just out of curiosity, a mackem i know, has just said after HBA's latest comments, ‘Cazorla/Ozil/Walcott/Mata/Hazard/Oscar/Eriksen are all better than Ben Arfa’, how many of them would you agree with?  Or is there anyone else in the league that is better who he hasn’t said?

Don't forget James McLean.

Ozil/hazard/mata for me. But definitely not miles ahead of him and I don't think any of them could score the Bolton/Blackburn goals tbh

I wouldn't trade him for any of them.  :love: We've yet to see the best of Benny.

IF we can keep Remy and Ben Arfa fit, get Cisse back to his best or play Gouffran central we are going to have a fucking exciting front 3.

Plenty of pace, intelligence, trickery, goals etc..

gustame

Hope we stick with Anita, Cabaye and Sissoko behind them as well.

Despite our buy a bargain over buy a player that suits a style approach we seem to have stumbled upon a front 6 that actually has a good combination of attributes imo.