Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest VanBarduck

Arséne Wenger : ''For me, Ben Arfa is better than Bale.''

LOL

So he won't complain if we slap a £100m pricetag on him?

We shouldn't ask him what he thinks of French players anymore, he was the first one to mention Cabaye and Xavi in the same sentence  :cheesy:

Weird how Pardle complains about not having enough attacking penetration then benches him after he's finally gotten fully fit.

If he was to get injured now he'd definitely bemoan the fact we "aven't ad Atam" when we under perform in the next 8 games.

He's benched him once, to be fair. And we won.

I absolutely loathe posting anything that can be construed as a defence of Pardew these days but I think one of the things he's got absolutely spot on during his time here is his management of Ben Arfa.

He's benched him once, to be fair. And we won.

I absolutely loathe posting anything that can be construed as a defence of Pardew these days but I think one of the things he got absolutely spot on during his time here is his management of Ben Arfa.

Mostly true, though whoever was responsible for his injury/fitness last year needs sacking. Can't remember the last time an injury was handled so badly for us.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2z8uef7.jpg

I think playing him central was the right thing to do today TBH... Gouffran was needed in defence and Remy operates well from the left.

It's not the best way of getting anything of HBA though - but I agree it worked tactically today.

He wasn't oustanding today, but I think he helped our possession prior to the sending off.

A few things didn't quite come off, but that free striker role had him in some interesting positions.

He just needed to keep it a bit more simple when receiving the ball to feet early, by droppign it off, and then looking to get further up the pitch where he could then take more risks.

I would like to see it tried again. Think it could have some potential.