Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

That Hull game was absolutely ridiculous - the team had very clearly been told to go with what was working in the previous two games, i.e. "give it to Ben Arfa and he'll cut in and shoot, the rest of you feel free to stand still"

Hull proceeded to put at least three men at him at all times whilst the other players did indeed stand still. And Ben Arfa got the blame. :thup:

He won us the games at Villa and home to Fulham single handedly. He'll be back in the side soon enough when flavour of the week system is abandoned and we need him to save our arses.

He was playing well at right wing, had a bad 45 at Everton so was subbed and then dropped for the next game where we won convincingly. Only to randomly return playing through the middle. :lol: just making it up as he goes along, man.

It was the Hull game that did for him, he got switched left against Everton.

Aye, forgot about that. So it was a bad 90 minutes that fucked him, after winning all our points up until that point more or less on his own :lol:

I love a bit of Hatem and would be distraught to lose him, but there is no arguing the fact that he needs to up his work rate again.

He played some of his best football when he was doing all the gritty stuff in addition to what he normally does and under this manager it's the only way he'll make himself undroppable.

He's played his best football for us on the right and moving him away from that position isn't helping him, it's moronic to do so.

Totally agree, but he got moved because his work rate dropped and he was "responsible" for a couple of goals. If tracking a man now and again is the difference between having him in the team or not I reckon he should just do it.

He was winning the ball back himself at times when he was on the right previously, which was delightful.

I think HBA has been chastised unfairly here. HBA hasn't been particularly lazy compared to the rest of the team, but he's played in games where the team haven't pressed as a team, they've pressed sporadically as individuals and it's been ineffective/knackered them out.

Difference on Saturday was that everyone was doing it. Don't see why HBA wouldn't operate fine within a system where the onus wasn't on him to press by himself. He's not a lazy guy, I don't think.

He and Remy were each lackadaisical in their tracking back against Hull, I remember being frustrated by it during the game and then mentioning it on here afterwards.

It was understandable as we were on a good run of form and they were each probably looking to start from a higher point on the pitch to be able to counter more effectively, but it ultimately cost us.

I totally agree that it's laughable he's been the one punished for it, and not for the first time, but I'm just trying to provide a bit of balance here.

He won us the games at Villa and home to Fulham single handedly. He'll be back in the side soon enough when flavour of the week system is abandoned and we need him to save our arses.

He was playing well at right wing, had a bad 45 at Everton so was subbed and then dropped for the next game where we won convincingly. Only to randomly return playing through the middle. :lol: just making it up as he goes along, man.

Aye, forgot about that. So it was a bad 90 minutes that fucked him, after winning all our points up until that point more or less on his own :lol:

:thup:

He was unreal against Fulham and Villa.

That Hull game was absolutely ridiculous - the team had very clearly been told to go with what was working in the previous two games, i.e. "give it to Ben Arfa and he'll cut in and shoot, the rest of you feel free to stand still"

Hull proceeded to put at least three men at him at all times whilst the other players did indeed stand still. And Ben Arfa got the blame. :thup:

:lol:

We need to have Anita, Cabaye, Sissoko, Remy, Ben Arfa and Gouffran in the team for me. That's our best front 6 and surely it can be organised into something without needing to put players out of position or drop one of them for somebody shitter just because. Any manager worth their salt could play them all.

Thank you.

And putting on Obertan instead of HBA? This guy is regressing in front of our eyes as a manager, or, sorry, showing his true fucking colours of ineptitude.

Not justifying Pardew, but perhaps his thinking is in the 5th place season we were nicking results and the team was playing more like a team, and right now he's gone to basics - get the team playing as a unit and re-insert Hatem back into a well-drilled team where he's reminded he needs to up his work rate...?

I thought that Ben Arfa was our best attacking threat in the first half against Everton and it boils my piss that we don't move when he gets the ball.  Can you imagine what would have happened if the same thing had of happened when Beardsley was playing and Andy Cole fed off him?

We defended like kids against Hull and that was as a team, not just Ben Arfa.

We defended like kids against Hull and that was as a team, not just Ben Arfa.

:anguish:

Victimise the star man for dropping from 9/10 to 6/10, ignore the shite players for staying at 6/10 week in week out. Pardew/English football 101. Mackems used to do it with Sessegnon before they sold him too.

He dropped Ben Arfa for tactical reasons and we won the match. Not sure why you're making it into a dramatic soap storyline. I'm sure it wasn't a personal decision.

Ben Arfa is my favourite player at the club but there are some situations in which the weaker aspects of his game may have too detrimental an effect. If that is an ENGLISH MENTALITY, so be it.

Victimise the star man for dropping from 9/10 to 6/10, ignore the shite players for staying at 6/10 week in week out. Pardew/English football 101. Mackems used to do it with Sessegnon before they sold him too.

He dropped Ben Arfa for tactical reasons and we won the match. Not sure why you're making it into a dramatic soap storyline. I'm sure it wasn't a personal decision.

Ben Arfa is my favourite player at the club but there are some situations in which the weaker aspects of his game may have too detrimental an effect. If that is an ENGLISH MENTALITY, so be it.

Cardiff were wank, we might/probably have won with him too. Fair enough though it worked and was an excellent performance, didn't stop him changing what had worked again the next week and randomly playing Ben Arfa as centre forward. My point is there is no consistency or set play to anything we do, it's just switch things around willy nilly game to game.

Ben Arfa does take harsher criticism from Pardew than any other player, be it directly with quotes or indirectly by being dropped for a bad performance. Compare it to Cabaye who can simply never do anything wrong in Pardew's eyes.

Cardiff were w***, we might/probably have won with him too. Fair enough though it worked and was an excellent performance, didn't stop him changing what had worked again the next week and randomly playing Ben Arfa as centre forward. My point is there is no consistency or set play to anything we do, it's just switch things around willy nilly game to game.

Ben Arfa does take harsher criticism from Pardew than any other player, be it directly with quotes or indirectly by being dropped for a bad performance. Compare it to Cabaye who can simply never do anything wrong in Pardew's eyes.

We do things during the season which should be done in the summer before a ball is kicked in anger.

The idea is Obertan is apparently fast and a good option off the bench with space to run into. Loved it when he left the ball behind him with a clear run towards goal, great that was :lol: Was genuinely hilarious, although it wouldn't have been at 1-0.

The idea is Obertan is apparently fast and a good option off the bench with space to run into. Loved it when he left the ball behind him with a clear run towards goal, great that was :lol: Was genuinely hilarious, although it wouldn't have been at 1-0.

I wasn't laughing.

The gf, who hadn't watched the toon play for a while, chimed in, "yeah, Obertan, wasn't he shit?"

Loved it when he left the ball behind him with a clear run towards goal, great that was :lol: Was genuinely hilarious, although it wouldn't have been at 1-0.

He actually did it before then too when he was running into the box and kind of just lost where the ball was, he's a mess of a footballer, he needs to pray he doesn't lose that pace anytime soon if he wants to keep this as a career.

Guest maradona

Pardew  :knuppel2:

Pardew is stupide.You know very well that ben arfa despite its flaws is essential to your team. Remember the last year and win vs. cfc it is the same way(lucky game). Ben arfa you r Sessegnon (it is far better him), he will leave in January for as roma and probably also Cabaye. Without them I can assure you that neither Gouffran or sissoko or remy will bring in nufc high.You will fight for relegation.

Pardew is the most fun coach in pl, it is considered a man stupid and without game plan.He will destroy your jewel when he has a bad game vs hull.Ben you won more points than remy (mercenary) and he loves nufc.

Suppose we do more robben play because there Debuchy.

Pardew can only think that s*** in your place I would regret simpson if you must stuff a jerk who thinks winger and is rolled every game.

Remember last year without no ben arfa

With ben arfa top 5 the best nufc last 3 years and he saves nufc ( relegation)

Guest maradona

Pardew  :knuppel2:

Pardew is stupide.You know very well that ben arfa despite its flaws is essential to your team. Remember the last year and win vs. cfc it is the same way(lucky game). Ben arfa you r Sessegnon (it is far better him), he will leave in January for as roma and probably also Cabaye. Without them I can assure you that neither Gouffran or sissoko or remy will bring in nufc high.You will fight for relegation.

Pardew is the most fun coach in pl, it is considered a man stupid and without game plan.He will destroy your jewel when he has a bad game vs hull.Ben you won more points than remy (mercenary) and he loves nufc.

Suppose we do more robben play because there Debuchy.

Pardew can only think that s*** in your place I would regret simpson if you must stuff a jerk who thinks winger and is rolled every game.

Remember last year without no ben arfa

With ben arfa top 5 the best nufc last 3 years and he saves nufc ( relegation)

wat

I am french  :snod: but the message

Pardew will destroy nufc :huff: 442 jonas bis (gouffran sissoko )hoof :o

bench arfa