Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Honestly i wonder if there is any manager than really can integrate hatem perfectly into his team.  I am not defending Pardew, I just really wonder if there is any as so far there is none in Hatems career. 

Even if he left us to join another team, if he doesnt improve his decision/attitude, i cant see him starting regularly as well unless it is a mid table team or relegation battlers.

Honestly i wonder if there is any manager than really can integrate hatem perfectly into his team.  I am not defending Pardew, I just really wonder if there is any as so far there is none in Hatems career. 

Even if he left us to join another team, if he doesnt improve his decision/attitude, i cant see him starting regularly as well unless it is a mid table team or relegation battlers.

Hatem isn't really a great team player, but the only reason he came on yesterday was because we were garbage in the first 45 mins anyway. The problem is Pardew isn't really much of a team builder in the first place, that's why he keeps switching to new formations hoping something will fall into place through trial and error. No one ever knows what their role is two games in a row.

Guest firetotheworks

He's fucking mint. I refuse to abide by this doesn't track back/isn't the player everyone thinks he is stuff.

If it is about tracking back then I fucking despair. Jonas (A pardew favourite and a great pro imo) will track back and tackle but he won't win you games. Ben Arfa has shown on several occasions what he is capable given a starting berth. If you can'y utilise his strengths then you might as well jack it in as a coach at the top level...not that it matters to anyone at the top of the club and I suppose there is the rub.

If it is about tracking back then I fucking despair. Jonas (A pardew favourite and a great pro imo) will track back and tackle but he won't win you games. Ben Arfa has shown on several occasions what he is capable given a starting berth. If you can'y utilise his strengths then you might as well jack it in as a coach at the top level...not that it matters to anyone at the top of the club and I suppose there is the rub.

As someone on another forum mentioned this morning, having a say on the game when your team don't have possession as well as when they do is why Mourinho likes Oscar but doesn't have much time for Mata.

The latter is clearly world class, but i don't think Mourinho should call it a day because his system can't carry him.

As someone on another forum mentioned this morning, having a say on the game when your team don't have possession as well as when they do is why Mourinho likes Oscar but doesn't have much time for Mata.

The latter is clearly world class, but i don't think Mourinho should call it a day because his system can't carry him.

Oscar isn't Shola Ameobi.

If it is about tracking back then I f***ing despair. Jonas (A pardew favourite and a great pro imo) will track back and tackle but he won't win you games. Ben Arfa has shown on several occasions what he is capable given a starting berth. If you can'y utilise his strengths then you might as well jack it in as a coach at the top level...not that it matters to anyone at the top of the club and I suppose there is the rub.

That is totally different because Oscar is probably as good as Mata anyway. Shola doesn't deserve to play on the same pitch as HBA

Guest bimpy474

So Pardew doesn't play him because he doesn't defend enough. Well fuck me isn't that just want we want him in the team for.

Obvioisly it's not your fault Alan, i mean trying to get the team to be more expansive really is bad isn't.........you massive wanker.

Fuck tracking back!  well no he has to work hard for the team but my issue is his selfishness, this he has to do it all himself. He is a brilliant footballer but if he wants to be world class he has to remember he has team mates and the gory is just not his to have.

Guest bimpy474

Fuck tracking back!  well no he has to work hard for the team but my issue is his selfishness, this he has to do it all himself. He is a brilliant footballer but if he wants to be world class he has to remember he has team mates and the gory is just not his to have.

Unfortunately we have a manager who cannot create a team with one free role, a role i'd give to Hatem. Even Fat Sam used to give free roles at Bolton to Jay Jay Okocha and then Djorkaeff.

Pardew is a twonk.

Unfortunately we have a manager who cannot create a team with one free role, a role i'd give to Hatem. Even Fat Sam used to give free roles at Bolton to Jay Jay Okocha and then Djorkaeff.

Pardew is a twonk.

Who do Wenger, Jose, Rodges and Pellegrini give free roles to ?

There is no need in a team at all to have a free role for anyone, a manager should be able to expect all of their players to play as a part of their team.

I hate seeing Benny on the bench and as a fan I want to see this skillful flair player who is exciting and does things non of the rest of our team can do but I also ore than anything want to see us win. When its 0-0 with 10 mins to go and he works his magic, we have players lining up flying forward all waiting for the cut back  "pick ya man out Benny" oh nope he tries to score from an impossible angle. As a manager I would want to fucking kill him, yes okay you did the amazing work to create the chance but be happy with that, he happy with creating a chance for a team mate, he doesn't always have to be the one.

There is no need in a team at all to have a free role for anyone, a manager should be able to expect all of their players to play as a part of their team.

I hate seeing Benny on the bench and as a fan I want to see this skillful flair player who is exciting and does things non of the rest of our team can do but I also ore than anything want to see us win. When its 0-0 with 10 mins to go and he works his magic, we have players lining up flying forward all waiting for the cut back  "pick ya man out Benny" oh nope he tries to score from an impossible angle. As a manager I would want to f***ing kill him, yes okay you did the amazing work to create the chance but be happy with that, he happy with creating a chance for a team mate, he doesn't always have to be the one.

You're arguing this the day after Shola was given a start and did nothing positive for 76 minutes, giving a player a free role is no worse than playing a player who does nothing.  :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Pardew is a twonk.

I hate seeing Benny on the bench and as a fan I want to see this skillful flair player who is exciting and does things non of the rest of our team can do but I also ore than anything want to see us win. When its 0-0 with 10 mins to go and he works his magic, we have players lining up flying forward all waiting for the cut back  "pick ya man out Benny" oh nope he tries to score from an impossible angle. As a manager I would want to fucking kill him, yes okay you did the amazing work to create the chance but be happy with that, he happy with creating a chance for a team mate, he doesn't always have to be the one.

How much defending do Ozil, Saurez, Willian, Silva really do etc. Now chasing players down and harrying they do that, which i would expect Ben Arfa to do, free roles doesn't mean, do nothing at all, you help defend and chase the area you are in as Ozil, Saurez, Willian and Silva do. But once it's past the half way how often do you see them continue back, hardly ever.

They will break as they find themsleves space as a team attacking is always vunerable to be broken on, you can do that with your whole team defending. It's about balance and Hatem should be given a role to create and roam in a free role, he'll help defend from the front, but that should be it.

Right now he isn't in a team that has 2 holding players and two wide men who act like extra full backs (the position he can get into). It's mental.

I hate seeing Benny on the bench and as a fan I want to see this skillful flair player who is exciting and does things non of the rest of our team can do but I also ore than anything want to see us win. When its 0-0 with 10 mins to go and he works his magic, we have players lining up flying forward all waiting for the cut back  "pick ya man out Benny" oh nope he tries to score from an impossible angle. As a manager I would want to f***ing kill him, yes okay you did the amazing work to create the chance but be happy with that, he happy with creating a chance for a team mate, he doesn't always have to be the one.

You're arguing this the day after Shola was given a start and did nothing positive for 76 minutes, giving a player a free role is no worse than playing a player who does nothing.  :lol:

Oh look I agree Shola should not have started, I want to see Benny starting every game but I understand why Pardew has an issue. On here the Benny love in blinding a few as to why he isn't starting games.

f*** tracking back!  well no he has to work hard for the team but my issue is his selfishness, this he has to do it all himself. He is a brilliant footballer but if he wants to be world class he has to remember he has team mates and the gory is just not his to have.

Pardew is a twonk.

:lol:

Wenger used to give a free role to Freddie Ljungerg. I have seen Oscar play a pretty free-role for Chelsea this season with no defensive duties at all for big chunks. I think Ben Arfa's 'selfishness' is down to a few factors. The first one is the obvious one which is that he's a very tricky player and likes to entertain and will therefore hold on to it more. Another factor is that his team thinks the same and no one gives him an option, but I think it's the third factor which is the most important one and that is that our manager has no idea on how to set up a team to attack. Not once have I seen us play some decent stuff up front during his tenure here. He's had this team play very well at the back, he's had this team of late keeping the ball on the ground and ticking at midfield, but I've never seen us keep the ball around the oppositions goal area and tried stuff. We are one of the few teams in this league which has no idea on how to attack. We lack an identity in front, just like the season we finished 5th we rely to heavily upon individual ability which makes it even dumber not to start Ben Arfa.

The only way we've attacked of late is through the right flank, which has ended in one non-fluke goal (Sissoko to Cabaye against Palace). Cabaye at Old Trafford and Debuchy against Palace were all flukes in one way or another.

As for the cutting back, if your example is the one where he took a shot against Arsenal you have to look at that before, no one was in a position to get the ball there, everyone cut back and stayed behind a defender. My only realy complaint with him this week was yesterday when he took a touch to much, should've taken a shot and scored, no idea what he was doing. That's what happens to a player that gets 15-20minutes a game though.

Oh look I agree Shola should not have started, I want to see Benny starting every game but I understand why Pardew has an issue. On here the Benny love in blinding a few as to why he isn't starting games.

Shola did start, whether he should have or not.  He did what he usually does, nothing.  I don't understand why Pardew has an issue when he doesn't have the same issue with other players.  He makes his own rules as he goes along.

Guest bimpy474

How are we blind, he's not in the team because Pardew says he doesn't do enough defensively, we all know that. We just think it's utter bollocks.

None so blind as those who are shit as managers like.

f*** tracking back!  well no he has to work hard for the team but my issue is his selfishness, this he has to do it all himself. He is a brilliant footballer but if he wants to be world class he has to remember he has team mates and the gory is just not his to have.

Pardew is a twonk.

:lol:

Wenger used to give a free role to Freddie Ljungerg. I have seen Oscar play a pretty free-role for Chelsea this season with no defensive duties at all for big chunks. I think Ben Arfa's 'selfishness' is down to a few factors. The first one is the obvious one which is that he's a very tricky player and likes to entertain and will therefore hold on to it more. Another factor is that his team thinks the same and no one gives him an option, but I think it's the third factor which is the most important one and that is that our manager has no idea on how to set up a team to attack. Not once have I seen us play some decent stuff up front during his tenure here. He's had this team play very well at the back, he's had this team of late keeping the ball on the ground and ticking at midfield, but I've never seen us keep the ball around the oppositions goal area and tried stuff. We are one of the few teams in this league which has no idea on how to attack. We lack an identity in front, just like the season we finished 5th we rely to heavily upon individual ability which makes it even dumber not to start Ben Arfa.

The only way we've attacked of late is through the right flank, which has ended in one non-fluke goal (Sissoko to Cabaye against Palace). Cabaye at Old Trafford and Debuchy against Palace were all flukes in one way or another.

As for the cutting back, if your example is the one where he took a shot against Arsenal you have to look at that before, no one was in a position to get the ball there, everyone cut back and stayed behind a defender. My only realy complaint with him this week was yesterday when he took a touch to much, should've taken a shot and scored, no idea what he was doing. That's what happens to a player that gets 15-20minutes a game though.

Piss poor excuse.

He's not the player he thinks he is, nor many on here think he is.

He is, however, probably our best player, and to bench him for Shola bastardinguslesscunt Ameobi is a pisstake of the highest order. Bordering on negligence from the utter coward in the dugout.

Couldn't agree more.

with which bit?

Pardew is a twonk.

How much defending do Ozil, Saurez, Willian, Silva really do etc. Now chasing players down and harrying they do that, which i would expect Ben Arfa to do, free roles doesn't mean, do nothing at all, you help defend and chase the area you are in as Ozil, Saurez, Willian and Silva do. But once it's past the half way how often do you see them continue back, hardly ever.

They will break as they find themsleves space as a team attacking is always vunerable to be broken on, you can do that with your whole team defending. It's about balance and Hatem should be given a role to create and roam in a free role, he'll help defend from the front, but that should be it.

Right now he isn't in a team that has 2 holding players and two wide men who act like extra full backs (the position he can get into). It's mental.

I think it was vs Arsenal don't think it was Stoke Benny totally bottled a 50/50 in the middle of the pitch, just stopped dead made no effort at all to win the ball.

That kind of shit would infuriate fans but its Benny and we forgive him a lot. Look I love him and want to see him play as much as possible but I also understand Pardew's issues with him.

Its not all about hard work and tracking back getting stuck in, he does some of it at times but his choices when in possession at times are a disgrace. His team mates will not accept him ignoring them for long before it has a big genitive effect on the team. He has to be willing to bring others into the games, I see people saying we don't move and give him options pff oh yes they do he just ignores them and goes looking for glory. I believe this is Pardew's issue not the lack of tracking back.

If that's what you believe fair enough, I'm not defending him, I think it was an absolute idiotic decision which if he had shot the ball we could've gone away with one point. I'm just saying I won't blame him for our result and think that we will see the better of him the more time he's given. If anything Sissoko makes a terrible decision after another and no one blames him. How much discussion have we had about the schoolboy error on the 4 against 3 by Gouffran? I just think Ben Arfa gets more stick and more praise then he deserves. Ronaldo had the best assessment of him this far.