Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Nobody's suggesting we don't try to finish higher! But it's a lot harder than you seem to think to have a season like the one you described - let alone do it consistently - unless you're a very good side indeed.

As far as trying is concerned, what I do think is a real issue is that teams basically stop playing when they've nothing to play for. Every season, at least a couple of sides who can no longer get into Europe or go down go into massive slumps as the players, on some level, jack it in, so 8th becomes 10th or 10th becomes 14th. Which is pretty w***.

We could give ourselves a good chance of attacking the higher league postions if we had an MD, a recognised DoF, made regular permanent signings which haven't been bought for the purpose to re sell within a season or two and not just rely on loan signings to see us throughperiods where we have sold the crown jewels late in a window.

http://www.themag.co.uk/assets/2011/12/BenArfa13.jpg

Hatem Ben Arfa told he has no future on Newcastle-Online.

Can probably count with one hand the number of HBA mentions over the last few pages. :lol:

Edit: And don't feed the troll nor bite the bait, people.

I really hope this story that came out isn't true. The rest of the season is going to absolutely suck but it's going to be infinitely worse if Ben Arfa doesn't play again and is then sold off and replaced by a workman-like winger. If he's even replaced at all. 

I think I always knew there was a slight possibility this could happen with Pardew but hoped it never would. :(

Guest hatem garrincha

but it's going to be infinitely worse if Ben Arfa doesn't play again and is then sold off

How could Pardew sell him if he doesn't play ? Who'll buy him (and at what price) if he's not playing until the end of the season ?

Good to see the return of the thread title.

Guess he'll eventually leave when his contract runs down if this continues.

I think he's already left mentally. Not starting games when everyone is fit and no chance of getting into the French squad for the WC.

but it's going to be infinitely worse if Ben Arfa doesn't play again and is then sold off

How could Pardew sell him if he doesn't play ? Who'll buy him (and at what price) if he's not playing until the end of the season ?

Good to see the return of the thread title.

You know what I mean. One way or another he'll leave (loan/end of contract/sold) and we'll be left with Pardew :(

I think he's already left mentally. Not starting games when everyone is fit and no chance of getting into the French squad for the WC.

Pardclue has broken him.

Pardclue has broken him everyone.

So good news I guess. Ben Arfa is in the training pics for Villa. So he's not in the reserves with Marveaux.

Bad news is going off the bib theory, the team for villa is

Krul

Debuchy      Taylor      Colo        Dummett

Sissoko        Gosling    Anita          Gouffran

Cisse        Remy

So good news I guess. Ben Arfa is in the training pics for Villa. So he's not in the reserves with Marveaux.

Bad news is going off the bib theory, the team for villa is

Krul

Debuchy      Taylor      Colo        Dummett

Sissoko        Gosling    Anita          Gouffran

Cisse        Remy

It'll definately be 4-4-2 with Sissoko right and Gouffran left. I would assume Tiote for Gosling, LDJ for Cisse and Williamson for Taylor.

Guest reefatoon

Ah f***ing hell, the football is nearly back.

And i was wondering why this has been an incredibly good week for me :lol:

Exactly. Last weekend was a breath of fresh air.  Gonna give this football malarky up, it just wrecks your weekends.