Newcastle United 2 - 3 West Brom - 12/21/11 - Post-match reaction from page 44

Beren

Shouldn't have kept playing the high line after the first goal.

Should have started with Williamson for at least 60 minutes, He's played 45 minutes for the reserves two weeks ago and is back in full training I don't care if Perch had a decent against Swansea or not, his non-existent marking had them scoring two goals today.

When they scored the third Colo was the only player we had playing CB, Simpson had gone forward to play on the right wing (ugh). Blame lies on Pardew for this one.

Honestly, never been so frustrated with a performance. They were there for the taking, if only we played the ball ON THE FUCKING FLOOR. So infuriating. Watching Danny no brain fucking Simpson hoof the ball ut of play repeatedly is not what I would call football. Santon was great in the first half, Ryan Taylor offered nothing but a nice big hole for odemwingie torun into constantly, pulling colo out wide and essentially losing the game. Ben Arfa looked fine, a damn sight better than fucking Best who was hopeless and never looked like scoring.

Vucic looked classy and had a great shot and pass on him, and I would say that was one of tiote's worst matches for us.

Fuming, the constant hoofing just i dont get it... our best and most effective football has been keeping it on the ground and passing it yet when in trouble we seem to resort to some shit hoofing and hope for a miracle :(

In all honesty, this is a shocking, shocking result, as were the previous two games. This can unravel our whole season, to be honest, unless serious work and searching is done by Pards starting now.

Horrific result at home. WBA are great et al, but really, we should've taken 3 points, or at least TRIED to from the go. Embarrassing.

Krul - 4. Arguably our worst player. Nowhere for any of the goals and gave possession away constantly, particularly in the first.

Simpson - 4. Hopeless positioning at the back and offered nothing going forward. True to form.

Perch - 4. The lad doesn't know whether he's coming or going. God how we've missed Taylor.

Coloccini - 5. A few saving graces but Odemwingie and Long had him in their pockets.

Santon - 6. Thought he looked bright.

Obertan - 6. Thought he worked the channels alright but no delivery as usual. Decent 'assist'.

Tiote - 5. Rubbish. Hope City and Chelsea had their men at SJP tonight.

Vuckic - 7. Played well. Dangerous going forward and was one of the rare players who offered himself for a pass.

Jonas - 6. All fart and no shit.

Ba - 8. Quality.

Best - 6. Not really in it.

There is a serious lack of communication between the full backs and the central midfielders which forced the full backs with no option but to hoof it long.  I am not criticizing Haris for this but obviously Cabaye did come back deep to take the ball forward which we are seriously lacking today.  Tiote on the other hand is simply shocking, virtually non-existing both attacking and defending.

Pardew has some shocking decisions, but I would say the players are equally at fault.

The stats say it all really.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m298/europawpw/stats.png

Incredibly frustrating game. Points dropped.

Really need to get a settled back 4 again.

The current corner situation is utterly pathetic. We literally may aswell not bother taking them, its bizarre.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

1 point from Norwich, Swansea and WBA. Just p*ss off.

I see you are putting us with two promoted teams, we came up with you don't forget!

What are you talking about?

Putting them in the same bracket as them.

We're still in a great position. Thank God for that awesome start. Just been completely rattled by the injuries at the back and to Tiote. Cabaye's suspension today, also wasn't helpful. Confident we'll be fine. The priority remains to stay in the league.

Krul - 6 (to be honest didn't do much wrong and cut out some passes well)

Santon - 5 Raylor - 4 (Santon looked pretty good to me when he was on but didn't do too much, and Raylor didn't do anything but lose possession)

Colo - 4 Worst game of season, hope better next week, think played too high against faster attackers than usual

Perch - 4 Think he was about the same as Colo, poor but no clunker

Simpson - 3 Hoofted it all the time. Poor

Tiote - 5 Lost possession more than he should, but thought he was better in second half and a bit unlucky not to have earned us a point at the end

Vuckic - 7 Pretty great to be honest, very unfortunate not to have got 2 goals really

Jonas - 5 Terrible at times, at others had some good moments going forwards

Obertan - 6 Shola - 2 Obertan looked hungry and alright at times, Shola didn't do anything

Best - 3 Ben arfa - 6 Best did one or two ok things but was anonymous, Ben Arfa was dangerous and promising but sadly couldn't do it all

Ba - 9 Fantastic performance.