Newcastle United 2 - 3 West Brom - 12/21/11 - Post-match reaction from page 44

Beren

Feel so deflated right now.

On the whole, we were absolutely fucking useless today. I dread to think what the final score would have been if Ba hadn't been on the pitch.

The period between conceding the first goal and Ba's freekick was honestly the worst football I've seen from an NUFC side since we were relegated.

We looked bereft of confidence, creativity and spirit. Very worrying signs.

West fucking Brom. Every fucking season, man. They are absolutely nowt special and every time we contrive to lose to them.

Obertan, Gutierrez, Simpson, Tiote and Shola were all fucking garbage today. HBA needed to be on earlier. Ba's touch totally deserted him too; he was quite poor outside of his two well taken goals.

the worst football I've seen from an NUFC side since we were relegated

I was going to say that was from the half-time whistle to Ba's second goal. We were ponderous, slow and static. No-one even seemed to want the ball at some stages.

Not sure when we turned the corner from playing football to just bypassing midfield and punting long aimless balls at the strikers. So frustrating.

Honestly, you couldn't sound more like us in a lot of our games. Have the players available to play pretty good football, but nope, hoof hoof hoof.

Was Cabaye a big miss tonight or was it something deeper?

Not sure when we turned the corner from playing football to just bypassing midfield and punting long aimless balls at the strikers. So frustrating.

Honestly, you couldn't sound more like us in a lot of our games. Have the players available to play pretty good football, but nope, hoof hoof hoof.

cabaye was a huge miss.

cabaye was a huge miss.

:sadnod:

We missed his workrate, passing and vision. Vuckic was a plus point tonight but he's no Cabaye.

I'm sure that if we had Yohan, we wouldn't have resorted to hoofball tactics.

Fuck me that was frustrating. One of those fucking nights where nothing went right for us and everything went right for them. We've had absolutely no luck whatsoever since the Everton win, nothing dropping for us, hitting the post left, right and centre. Still, too many players were shite tonight and this slide needs to be stopped before it is too late. Lose to Bolton and we're looking at no win in 9 with Liverpool and Man Utd on the horizon.

Krul - Kicking is atrocious. No idea what he did for the 2nd goal as he seemed to vanish.

Simpson - Meh

Santon - Was a bit slow to support Jonas on occasion first half but if he was carrying a knock then that explains it. Actually a footballer, which helps.

Coloccini - Was like a flashback to 2008 where anybody with the slightest bit of pace left him for dead on numerous occasions. Not helped by the defensive line being ridiculously high.

Perch - When he plays we usually concede at least 3. Coincidence? Was actually decent and made no obvious errors but no understanding between him and Colo.

Tiote - Awful tonight. Did nothing right all night.

Vuckic - Promising, such a mighty wallop.

Jonas - Tried I guess but not as good as he could be.

Obertan - Won a free kick but for some reason only moves in diagonals, like a bishop.

Ba - Took his goals well and was great running with the ball but doesn't get on the end of Best's various knockdowns, don't know if that's Best's fault or Ba's. Solution is not to lump the ball long.

Best - Not a goal threat but won his fair share of flicks.

Ben Arfa - actually moves and looks for the ball. Sometimes does too much but I'd rather have someone try and fail than just pass it square all night. Can see why Pardew won't start him out wide as he doesn't work particularly hard off the ball. Good ball in which Tiote forced a good save from Foster from.

Shola - Came on and played...somewhere.

Ryan Taylor - Nothing to say, not very good.

Referee was beyond abysmal, in the last 5 minutes alone he missed a blatant block on Ben Arfa, Jonas getting chopped down and Ba being held from a goal kick. Just shit all night.

Was brilliant when their right back was being a cunt just off the touchline, rolled on to try and get treatment and slow the game down, got told to get off and then we equalised. Stupid cheating cunts.