Ba  8

Best  4

Raylor  5

Shola  5

HBA  6

Pretty accurate ratings those really.

James Perch at CB = no points

Simple really.

Scapegoat. There were worse players than him out there tonight.

Agree on the ratings. I must have imagined a clean sheet with Perch at CB mind......

The entire team looks tired and jaded.  No energy, urgency or communication.

The only bright spots (Ba excluded), not coincidentally, happened to be Vuckic and HBA.  Players who haven't played much and have much more energy.

Changes are needed quickly.  Cannot continue in the same way and expect anything less than more defeats and insipid play.

Best makes us just play long balls.

Pardew wants us to play the ball on the deck?

:yao:

Pardew was shouting at Tim to kick it long.

Sickening!

That have to be the tactic then, since he play Best and Ba.

We looked totally clueless first half.

No plan B.

We need more creativity, simpler as that.

Funny thing is, that we have exactly the kind of player we need in HBA.

Nearly 2 assist the few minutes he got.

And the Santon sub boils my piss, he surly injured?

Some really, really poor tactics from Pardew today. That Shola substitution was the wrong option. When will our managers learn, that at home, to break their defence, you need to have some form of legitimate width to create some space for the players in the middle, it's not rocket science.

Where's the passing and moving we were said to have worked on all summer as well? Literally zero movement and just looking to crowd the box and smack it in for our big lads, I wouldn't be surprised if that's why Taylor came on, to deliver those 'super accurate' balls for Ba and Shola.

We're a far better footballing team than that, that was bad.

Defence was shocking, but why santon was subbed at halftime i cant get.

Tiote was shocking. really fucking poor. More of the same and Cabaye and Vuckic should be tried.

Obertan alot of nothing, pretty much the same from jonas, however he had the ball abit more.

Best. Meh.

Ba, fantastic again.

Krul, maybe out of position for second goal, however Colo just watched and perch was  his usual self.

Simpson.

Vuckic and Ba the only positives for me. Fun to see ben arfa again!

we been found out, especially at home,  all the opposition have to do, is sit deep,

because they know all we do is lump the ball foward,  so they just sit and wait then counter us easily as we play a high line defence.

we were quite lucky to get away with it vs swansea on saturday.

If we want to finish seventh we simply have to win games like this, especially with tough games on the horizon. If we continue to defend like that midtable mediocrity could be on the horizon.

7th? Forget it.

We're in horrendous form at present, but the race for the top 7 is far from over. Stoke, Norwich, Everton, Villa... they still don't particularly frighten me even though we've lost to one of them recently.

We need reinforcements in January.

What has happen to the fighting spirit of the team?? Many players looked uninterested today... I dont mind losing, but i mind losing when we are atleast trying! Perch is horrible, he doesnt have the strengt nor the hight to be a central defender, maybe on a kids team.. Coloccini looked uninspiring, Tiote seems like he has left our team already...

I hope for the next game that Perch, Obertan, and best isnt starting. Get in Williamson, Ben Arfa on the wing, and move Vuckic in behind Ba when Cabaye is back.

PS! I really hope Santon isnt bad injured(cant see any reason else to take him off).

Very strange, all the signings we made suggested a change to a more attractive passing game.

Can only hope that Pardew realises that he has some good players (Santon, HBA) and some average (Raylor, Best), and selects the team on that basis in future.

Apart from the Villa game this new style just hasn't materialised. Even when we were winning these sorts of so-called winnable matches we didn't play particularly fluid football.

If we want to finish seventh we simply have to win games like this, especially with tough games on the horizon. If we continue to defend like that midtable mediocrity could be on the horizon.

7th? Forget it.

We're in horrendous form at present, but the race for the top 7 is far from over. Stoke, Norwich, Everton, Villa... they still don't particularly frighten me even though we've lost to one of them recently.

We need reinforcements in January.

No chance of anyone coming in who can make a difference ashley dont like the jan window.

Although tiote is on his way out probably  replaced by  mediocrity .

Cant see where our next point is going to come from after tonight performance.

I know people on here hate perch. But really he wasn't that much worse then coloccini wich where totally crap on several occations today. Severly dissapointed today. And his tackle late on against odemwingie showed his furstration of the night. We can't play such a high line against fast forwards. They were lethal and we were toothless. Even though we had ben arfa onfield we still went for the wingplay. We should've played more infield. Ba had a good day today and could've scored more.