Newcastle United 2 - 3 West Brom - 12/21/11 - Post-match reaction from page 44

Beren

Not good enough and didn't deserve a thing. Far too sloppy and wasteful when in possession and West Brom looked crisp and tight. They never looked like losing it.

Pardew needs to do something to mix it up a bit because we're becoming far too predictable. Obertan was a disgrace yet again and needs to be benched. He either finds a way to incorporate Ben Arfa into the team or we'll continue to struggle to break solid teams down. Coloccini doesn't look fit, neither does Tiote and we're far too reliant on Ba to bail us out of the shit from our own poor, sloppy mistake-ridden performances recently.

Sort the cunt out Pardew. You've had the praise since August, now fix the fucking problems. 

Vuckic, two gorgeous strikes, so unlucky not to score.

Was like watching Laurent, class hits.

As good as those hits were I thought he should have stayed a bit deeper to help Tiote out, I mean Tiote's great and all but he's never going to pass a ball around like Cabaye or Guthrie.

last year tiote did, remember with the non working nolan ?

A lot seem to have forgot we played some good stuff early on. It was during the last half an hour/twenty minutes when desperation began to kick in we resorted to the ineffective long ball.

I thought we were dreadful from start to finish.

A lot seem to have forgot we played some good stuff early on. It was during the last half an hour/twenty minutes when desperation began to kick in we resorted to the ineffective long ball.

We had about two five-minute periods when we looked at it, one just after Ba's second and one leading up to Ba's first. You're right, we were garbage for the whole game really.

Same. Absolute horseshit longball for the entire game.

Guest VaVaVoom

Not good enough and didn't deserve a thing. Far too sloppy and wasteful when in possession and West Brom looked crisp and tight. They never looked like losing it.

Pardew needs to do something to mix it up a bit because we're becoming far too predictable. Obertan was a disgrace yet again and needs to be benched. He either finds a way to incorporate Ben Arfa into the team or we'll continue to struggle to break solid teams down. Coloccini doesn't look fit, neither does Tiote and we're far too reliant on Ba to bail us out of the shit from our own poor, sloppy mistake-ridden performances recently.

Sort the cunt out Pardew. You've had the praise since August, now fix the fucking problems. 

Absolutely spot on!

We had little spells of good play, after our first goal, until their second, and in second half after our second goal until their third. We seem to be desperate when behind, but play reasonable when level, odd game, think almost all the goals including ours were against the run of play, though since they played on the counter that's less surprising for them.

Vuckic, two gorgeous strikes, so unlucky not to score.

Was like watching Laurent, class hits.

As good as those hits were I thought he should have stayed a bit deeper to help Tiote out, I mean Tiote's great and all but he's never going to pass a ball around like Cabaye or Guthrie.

last year tiote did, remember with the non working nolan ?

What I meant was, Tiote's great at "keep ball" passes (hence his impressive pass completion rate) but he's not the type of player who drives a team forward with his amazing vision or something.

Either way, Vuckic was meant to play CM and he kept drifting forward into Ben Arfa's position (which I suppose is his natural position).

a little word about the 'supposed' high line we played today. i don't think it was a set plan but with the midfield being all over the defence has to fill that gap and hope for the best, if not you are left with a huge gap between midfield and defence and today we were very much a defence, midfiled, attack, instead of team defending, team attacking.

The way I saw it we tried to play football early on, some of it was decent, some of it not so much. Poor distribution as opposed to the long ball caused our downfall. Usually Cabaye and Tiote are provide quality on the ball but with formers absence and the latters below-par performance we were below par.

Out of desperation we resorted tot he long ball, it didn't work.

Guest hatem garrincha

We have some decent players but putting together a decent gameplan which makes the best of those players is an art in itself.

Agree.

Well we got the result, more than I expected I must admit.

Not here to gloat, good luck for the rest of the season.

Ba is certainly some player, may get interest from the money bags clubs I would imagine.

The way I saw it we tried to play football early on, some of it was decent, some of it not so much. Poor distribution as opposed to the long ball caused our downfall. Usually Cabaye and Tiote are provide quality on the ball but with formers absence and the latters below-par performance we were below par.

Out of desperation we resorted tot he long ball, it didn't work.

Eh? We played lots of long ball throughout the match.

Oh, and another thing. Krul's kicking, my word. Do we pass the goalkeeping clown shoes down between the generations? That's Harper, Given and now Krul who probably couldn't kick it in a 50-yard radius, let alone onto a 50p piece.

Ba is certainly some player, may get interest from the money bags clubs I would imagine.

Your lot were brilliant, totally outplayed us. Impressive stuff tbh, cack as we were.

Guest hatem garrincha

a little word about the 'supposed' high line we played today. i don't think it was a set plan but with the midfield being all over the defence has to fill that gap and hope for the best, if not you are left with a huge gap between midfield and defence and today we were very much a defence, midfiled, attack, instead of team defending, team attacking.

Right

The midfield was ineffective today

Oh, and another thing. Krul's kicking, my word. Do we pass the goalkeeping clown shoes down between the generations? That's Harper, Given and now Krul who probably couldn't kick it in a 50-yard radius, let alone onto a 50p piece.

Infuriating that he'd rather howk it out for a throw in than use his right foot.

Infuriating that he'd rather howk it out for a throw in than use his right foot.

It reminded me of watching my dad's old Sunday team when I was a nipper. The manager used to shout 'red head on this!' everytime the goalie kicked the ball - that's what Krul managed to achieve today.

Your lot were brilliant, totally outplayed us. Impressive stuff tbh, cack as we were.

Thanks for your generous words, I think our best players finally found some form the last couple of games, we have been misfiring before that, I know you had a lot of players out.

Man City next, that'll be interesting.

Completely stopped rolling it out to the full-backs for them to actually start some football via the midfield. Seemingly now content to just fucking hoof it up towards Ba and/or Best.

Not a co-incidence that results have disappeared since he stopped doing it.