Newcastle United 2 - 3 West Brom - 12/21/11 - Post-match reaction from page 44

Beren

Well we got the result, more than I expected I must admit.

Not here to gloat, good luck for the rest of the season.

Ba is certainly some player, may get interest from the money bags clubs I would imagine.

Your lot were brilliant, totally outplayed us. Impressive stuff tbh, cack as we were.

Thanks for your generous words, I think our best players finally found some form the last couple of games, we have been misfiring before that, I know you had a lot of players out.

Man City next, that'll be interesting.

We were only two (admittedly key) players away from our first choice lineup.

Well....that was a bit disappointing to say the least. In a nutshell.

- Tiote, utter shit - playing like a player who is going elsewhere in Jan.

- Collocinini - as above but far more worrying

- Ba - playing like a striker on form and sure to attract admiring glances

- Vukic - one to sell in the future

- Ameobi - did he touch the ball?

I don't think we deserved to lose really, but defensively we were shocking.  Not sure if the Saton sub was a tactical thing, but it didn't work.

From West Brom.com

what did jonas gutierez do? tried googling what you said but couldnt find anything?

i think he may be referring to the reid incident. reid was in possession and went down injured inside our own half, and jonas was free to get the ball and run in behind but put the ball out of play instead. Hodgson came out his area to shake his hand according to the commentators on my stream. good sportsmanship.

:angel:

Sportsmanship at its best, Suarez and Liverpool could learn a thing or two.

Sportsmanship at its best, Suarez and Liverpool could learn a thing or two.

So could that prick who rolled back onto the pitch to try and time-waste just before Ba scored.

(this isn't me having a pop at WBA in general; you played rather well and deserved to win)

Guest Stephen927

Felt like we were always chasing the game. No support from the midfield. Vuckic would sometimes wake up and drive it forward but the gap between forwards and midfield was huge. Best always seemed anonymous when Ba was in possession too.

Incredibly disappointing game. Ben Arfa showed glimpses but ultimately he didn't have the ball enough.

We've thrown away that incredible start with another poor performance. Pardew got us playing the high line, it clearly didnt work and yet he stuck with it. Defensively we were shambolic and despite having less of the ball, they looked much more likely to score.

Obertan shouldn't exist - I'd rather have a mop on the right.

Tiote was very poor today, hopefully Chelsea and Man U scouts were there to see that.

Vuckic was alright tbh

Coloccini was bested by Long again and again

Ben Arfa lit the game up and I loved the 'Hatem Ben Arfa' chants before he came on

Krul can't kick

Absolutely livid.

I don't mind the high line on it's own (though not against a team with pacey attackers) it's that and the hoofing. It's a bizarre combination, I think we should be pushing, but that also involves pressing and a passing game, not giving it away so much.

We've thrown away that incredible start with another poor performance. Pardew got us playing the high line, it clearly didnt work and yet he stuck with it. Defensively we were shambolic and despite having less of the ball, they looked much more likely to score.

Obertan shouldn't exist - I'd rather have a mop on the right.

Tiote was very poor today, hopefully Chelsea and Man U scouts were there to see that.

Vuckic was alright tbh

Coloccini was bested by Long again and again

Ben Arfa lit the game up and I loved the 'Hatem Ben Arfa' chants before he came on

Krul can't kick

Absolutely livid.

Not quite, but we're in real danger of doing so.

again with the high line.....would you rather we had the defence 30yds away from the midfiled with the huge gap that provides ? or was it because the central midfield were pap positionally affording no cover/support for the defence at all ?

Guest Heneage

Makes you realise just how vital that Luiz red card against chelsea was, it seemed to set off a chain reaction of s*** our way.

if you thinks thats really what injured colo and taylor.

I think it changes the game, and 'possibly' means they don't get injured. After no win in 6, I'm inclined to analyze every big decision of the last few weeks.

Makes you realise just how vital that Luiz red card against chelsea was, it seemed to set off a chain reaction of s*** our way.

would have completely changed the game to be fair

in as much as everything changes, bit like saying had luiz not fouled him but ba put it wide then the world changes.

in as much as everything changes, bit like saying had luiz not fouled him but ba put it wide then the world changes.

:nods:

:nods:

means had the game took a different path saylor could have broke his spine and colo his neck......lucky we got off with what we did eh ?