Newcastle United 2 - 3 West Brom - 12/21/11 - Post-match reaction from page 44

Beren

So yeah, we haven't been that great. We looked energised early on but then went flat when WBA scored.

When Ba's free kick went in (has to be said again that it was lovely), we started playing again. WBA's second goal was a poor to concede from our point of view, terrible marking/defending.

Hopefully we'll score early in the second half. If we do, then can see us ultimately winning the game.....

Santon is finding himself out of position because whenever he attacks, he's cutting back and drifting inside. Meaning when we inevitably lose possession, he's nowhere to be seen on the counter. The defensive line for the first goal was a fucking joke - all over the shop and too high.

Both goals have been absolutely fucking gift-wrapped.

I really like Best, but his partnership with Ba is really stale at the minute. He also gives the team an excuse to lump it forward.

I don't think we'd ordinarily play like this though, if we had the confidence from earlier in the season.

So yeah, we haven't been that great. We looked energised early on but then went flat when WBA scored.

When Ba's free kick went in (has to be said again that it was lovely), we started playing again. WBA's second goal was a poor to concede from our point of view, terrible marking/defending.

Hopefully we'll score early in the second half. If we do, then can see us ultimately winning the game.....

I don't think we'll stop them scoring again, at least once.

ooo, nice bit about George Graham now. Bit better than Jewell.

f*** me, his nose was completely different back then, today's George is Pinnochio by comparison. What age does to a man's nose :(

I'm 37 and this had me checking my sneck in the mirror. Luckily its still perfect.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

They're far too good on the counter and exploiting our defensive frailties imo. As we push on for an equaliser will only open up more space.

It was gonna take a set piece for us to score. If we don't start improving - ie, passing it to our players and not surrendering possession with every goal kick - i can see it finishing something seriously crushing like 4-1.

They're far too good on the counter and exploiting our defensive frailties imo. As we push on for an equaliser will only open up more space.

Exactly, need more in midfield to build an attack. Hoofing it isn't working.