2nd Half of the season, how will it go?

binnsy

Will depend entirely on January. A left-back, a centre-back and no outgoings, i think we'll finish comfortably inside the Top 8.

If anyone goes and/or we don't sign anyone, we'll do well to finish in the top half.

I think we'll finish between 12th and 10th which will be poor if we do because we have a better first 11 then last season when we lost 10 place on the last day of the season.  In the FA Cup we'll play as strong a team as possible and that will also impact on our league position.

Guest Roger Kint

Right now, if we finished 8th or above, I'll be fucking amazed.

We'll beat Blackburn 2-1 in the cup, and go out at *Big PL club* away in the 4th round.

This really for me(plus a lot of what otter said earlier) although we are being generous with the cup game

Wow come positivity in here eh... Howay man lads.. yes we will do fuck all in this window, yes we will miss Ba & Tiote when they are at the ACN but I still think we will finish 7th  maybe even 6th.

Not worried about the scum, let them be obsessed with us all they want.

Unless Pardew gets his fucking finger out this relegation form will continue.

No, we wont go down because as bad as we've been we'll get another ten points but we could easily finish mid bottom half. Ashley made it clear where we finish is immaterial the moment  he decided 'a striker wasn't needed' - or 'we wont go down now i'll keep the pounds in the bank'

Pardews tactics are getting more shite as the weeks go by. Absolutely no one I know would have Obertan near the team. Vuckic starting at Liverpool - his amazing 'we should have been more posiitive' statement post match showed his for what I fear he is. He's about half way to undoing all the good work of the first ten games.

Mid bottom half.

Early exit in the cup, some decent wins, some dismal defeats, no significant movement this month, home draw in the derby. Season will fizzle out a tad. Finishing ultimately 8th.

9-11th

The form and general play of the last two months or so hasn't been convincing and prior to that we had a lot of games where we more than rode our luck but managed to come through.  The performances in so called 'winnable' matches were woeful and the manager continues to select players most would have decided were a bad investment months ago.  That is in conjunction with, barring one emergency signing due to a long term injury, the club not being willing to buy players to bolster a squad thin on players and quality and at the same time has no interest in loaning players either so we'll be left with the same lack of options by 1st February.

Can't see nothing but a continued slide at the minute.

Difficult to say. Pardew's long ball tactics have been effective in some games but how much of that is down to Ba's form? Will the players get fed up with it? Personally I think we will fizzle out and finish around 9th-10th. Other clubs like Stoke, Sunderland, WBA and even Fulham who are more sure of their football philosophy will make up ground as they bed their players into their style while we look like we are going to be stuck between two stools.

Losses all the way down.  Relegation.  Depression.  Jumping off a car park.                                freedom. 

This.