Newcastle United vs. Blackburn Rovers - 07/01/12 @ 3pm [FA Cup 3rd Round]

Amir_9

Krul

Simspon        Perch    Colo        Ferguson

Obertan          Guthrie  Vuckic        Sammy

Ben Arfa

Best

I'd go something like that, freshen it up a bit but would still be enough to go past Blackburn at home.

Guest Roger Kint

Hopefully not too many changes, maybe keeper/Jonas/Tiote/Ba out with HBA and one of Obertan, Sammy or Fergie coming in. Be interesting to see what he goes for in CM, Vuckic or Gosling?

Surprised so many people seem to think Santon needs a rest.

Jonas on the other hand definitely needs one. I'd like to see Fergie start on the left but would be perfectly happy if Sammy did.

We owe these cunts for beating us in the League cup, so a win here and a win against them in a months time will do very nicely.

I can see it being a draw, just because it wouldn't suit either team and just cause a run in of too many games.

Tough one, if with no Ba and Tiote:

Krul

Simspon        Willo    Colo        Santon

Raylor          Cabaye  Abeid        Jonas

Ben Arfa

Shola

Shola makes the team based on his hold up play against Man U.

Looks about right to me bar i'd possibly go with Sammy over Raylor, although hard to drop Raylor after last night. HBA and santon definately need games. Would also like to see Ferguson at some stage.

Expect to see Best, Obertan and Perch though unfortunately and no HBA  :'(

It's the FA Cup man, I've never been too bothered about the league cup to an extent, but I'd go all out for this, or at least only make one or two changes to players that look like they need a rest.

Krul

Simpson Coloccini Williamson Santon

Obertan      Abeid    Cabaye  Sammy

Ben Arfa

Best

If we play Jonas and RT again, we'll have no movement whatsoever in the last third with Ba not there. Ben Arfa will provide it, but if everyone is just standing still around him, we'll struggle. Best runs more than Shola and Sammy needs a game (Jonas being one of the few players not really at it last night).

Guest Roger Kint

Think Blackburn will be concentrating on the league more than anything else.  Hopefully anyhow.

They had quite a few youngsters involved at Old Trafford, wouldnt surprise me if they rested what few first teamers they have fit as a precaution. Anything happens to Samba/Yak and they will struggle even more.

In previous seasons, when we were worried about relegation, I dreaded cup runs. This year, I want us to go for this. If we put out our best side every time, I don't see why we can't go far in this competition, barring an unlucky draw. Let's do it.

Ba & Tiote are available for this one aren't they? Think they'd be rested if it weren't for the ACoN but can see them starting this.

Krul

Simpson

Santon

Coloccini

Williamson

Obertan

Jonas

Tiote

Gosling/Vuckic

Ba

Ben Arfa

Don't think we'll be allowed to play Ba and Tiote. Reports saying that Toure isn't being allowed to play for Man City this weekend.

Ba & Tiote are available for this one aren't they? Think they'd be rested if it weren't for the ACoN but can see them starting this.

Krul

Simpson

Santon

Coloccini

Williamson

Obertan

Jonas

Tiote

Gosling/Vuckic

Ba

Ben Arfa

Don't think we'll be allowed to play Ba and Tiote. Reports saying that Toure isn't being allowed to play for Man City this weekend.

man city play on sunday which i think is the date they need to report to the national teams.

Krul

Simpson

Santon

Coloccini

Williamson

Obertan

Jonas

Tiote

Gosling/Vuckic

Ba

Ben Arfa

man city play on sunday which i think is the date they need to report to the national teams.

BBC : In his news conference on Thursday morning, Mancini revealed he had requested for the Toure brothers to delay their departure for the Africa Cup of Nations.

But Zahoui has insisted they report for a meeting in Paris on Saturday before the squad flies out to Abu Dhabi for a two-week training camp, starting on Sunday.

Krul

Simpson

Santon

Coloccini

Williamson

Obertan

Jonas

Tiote

Gosling/Vuckic

Ba

Ben Arfa

They have a team meeting in Paris on Saturday which I would have thought Tiote would be at. FIFA rules they can have them from Sat.

However, he was today waiting to see if Yohan Cabaye would pull through in time for the clash with Rovers.

On the goal hero, he said: "Cabaye looked like he got a knock. We’ll see how he is."