Newcastle United vs. Blackburn Rovers - 07/01/12 @ 3pm [FA Cup 3rd Round]

Amir_9

Quick question, does anyone know if the NUFC official tv live radio commentaries work on iPhones? Bloody stuck in hospital over the weekend, too far south for Radio Newcastle but would still like to try and hear the game. Any info would be appreciated, cheers.

Unless .cock caters for IOS (I doubt it), it looks like you need an app that can run .asx streams - there's one on the app store called FStream. Then use that to go to the stream directly. Dunno if it'll work though, the login element might pose a problem.

Yeah had a horrible feeling it was going to be something like that, cheers mate.

Earlier in the season Pardew claimed that reaching a good points total in the league would allow him to pick strong line-ups in the latter stages of the League Cup.  I'd expect that policy to transfer across to the FA Cup and would assume that being in 7th place with 33 points at this stage (as well as a 4 point gap to 8th) is suffice to allow us field our strongest team against Blackburn today.

However, there is a slight caveat to take note of, which the sheer volume of games we've played over the festive period in such a short space of time.  Due to our lack of depth beyond the first team most of our first 11 have featured in every minute of the festive games and [i[might[/i] be at risk of burn-out.  At the very least, there may be a handful of players who could simply do with a good rest. 

Pardew has a requirement to ensure that our players and so I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or 2 being left out or benched to be given an extended rest period before QPR.

Guest Chubby Jason

Smith needs to be rewarded for his display of ambition in the week. Start him upfront with Best and watch him roll back the years.

Guest MrSundlofer

Perch will play mc - guaranteed!

Not sure about that.

I think Pardew sees him more as a 'last 15 minutes of the game' -player.

Guest optimistic nit

i hope we play full stength to be honest. 7th place usually doesn't get into europe, and we're already safe from relegation, what do we have to lose from a cup run? maybe chuck a couple from Fergie, Sammy Ameobi, Vuckic, Tavernier, Abeid in to rest people who have been playing a lot (Jonas, Cabaye, maybe Colo, Simpson) but otherwise full strenth.

Guest optimistic nit

Interested to see who he replaces Tiote with. Would like to see Vuckic/Abeid/Ferguson get some decent time on the pitch.

Got a strange nagging feeling he might try Ryan Taylor in midfield, I have no clue why.

because that's where he played against united?

Interested to see who he replaces Tiote with. Would like to see Vuckic/Abeid/Ferguson get some decent time on the pitch.

Got a strange nagging feeling he might try Ryan Taylor in midfield, I have no clue why.

:huff:

Eh? He plays for United.