FA Cup 4th Round: Brighton (a) - 28/01/12 @ 5.15pm (live on ESPN)

JH
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I was marking out for Liverpool v Man Utd like. Incredible to get your two biggest rivals in consecutive rounds.

If they beat Liverpool and get Arsenal in round five, there is a god.

Why would people rather play the much better team? Who would you rather play, Man City or Bolton? Wrexham all the way for me.

Flawless comparison there :lol:

My point is why would you chose to play the better side? Surely you would take the weaker team every day? Cup upsets happen, yes, but not as much as people make out.

Why would people rather play the much better team? Who would you rather play, Man City or Bolton? Wrexham all the way for me.

Flawless comparison there :lol:

My point is why would you chose to play the better side? Surely you would take the weaker team every day? Cup upsets happen, yes, but not as much as people make out.

Would you rather play Man U or West Brom at SJP? :shifty:

If it's Wrexham, might they want to switch to SJP ?

I don't think they can do that anymore.

I think that now if the ground is up to standard then it should be played there, if not it has to be played to a ground nearby that is up to standard.

Brighton. Don't like playing teams from too many leagues below us. The giant killing s*** comes into effect and we play bad.

It's only happened once in the last 20+ years.

What about losing to Wolves 3-2 away, they were the league below us at the time just like Brighton weren't they, Stevenage, Luton, Birmingham stuffed us 1-5 at home as well.

Luton, Birmingham and Wolves were one league below, mate. Like Brighton.

Ahhh cheers mate, tricky tie if we dont have our attitude right, the Wolves 3-2 game is the one time i actually lost my rag and turned it off i was so angry.

I remember that Wolves game. Shola scored for 3-3 but the linesman said it didn't cross the line. Bellamy pointed to the Premier League badge on our shirts, ironically Wolves got promoted that season.

Guest bimpy474

Brighton. Don't like playing teams from too many leagues below us. The giant killing s*** comes into effect and we play bad.

What about losing to Wolves 3-2 away, they were the league below us at the time just like Brighton weren't they, Stevenage, Luton, Birmingham stuffed us 1-5 at home as well.

Ahhh cheers mate, tricky tie if we dont have our attitude right, the Wolves 3-2 game is the one time i actually lost my rag and turned it off i was so angry.

I remember that Wolves game. Shola scored for 3-3 but the linesman said it didn't cross the line. Bellamy pointed to the Premier League badge on our shirts, ironically Wolves got promoted that season.

It was how poor we were at the back, i thought our attitude was completely wrong in that game, we were second best except for the spell where we got it back to 2-2, thats the only game thats ever got me angry, normally i only get a bit miffed but that one.

Brighton are not Man City. :lol:

Problem with Wrexham would be playing on a non-league pitch, and with the probable pressure of being televised at an odd time. Can't decide who I'd prefer tbh.

One advantage for me this year over last year, is that maybe last year the likes of Barton, Nolan, etc. had that fear factor in knowing the tradition of the FA Cup 3rd Round and all the giant killing...Ben Arfa & Cabaye wouldn't give a toss and more than likely rip them up.

It was how poor we were at the back, i thought our attitude was completely wrong in that game, we were second best except for the spell where we got it back to 2-2, thats the only game thats ever got me angry, normally i only get a bit miffed but that one.

We were poor, I remember some decisions going against us as well.

Was that the game when a firework went into the crowd and hit a woman or was that in the Premiership the following year?

The first game that got me angry was probably the Lisbon game. I cried myself to sleep that night.

Guest bimpy474

Was that the game when a firework went into the crowd and hit a woman or was that in the Premiership the following year?

The first game that got me angry was probably the Lisbon game. I cried myself to sleep that night.

Dont remember the firework in that one mate, is the Lisbon game the 4-1 ? , if its that one i just sulked, one other game that got me annoyed was the Marseille game, not so much the result but the fact we lost Woodgate, he had Drogba in his pocket and when he got injured on came Titus, he lost Drogba twice for two goals.

Dont remember the firework in that one mate, is the Lisbon game the 4-1 ? , if its that one i just sulked, one other game that got me annoyed was the Marseille game, not so much the result but the fact we lost Woodgate, he had Drogba in his pocket and when he got injured on came Titus, he lost Drogba twice for two goals.

Aye thats the one, as much as I was disappointed about Marsielle I was more shocked than anything. The fact that a French club could actually beat us, back then domestic football in France wasn't doing all that well.

Guest bimpy474

I've just been reading a Wrexham forum, some of them wanted Everton because they thought they could beat them.  :lol:

Everton have a bad record at lower league clubs dont they, beaten at Shrewsbury a couple of seasons ago.

Manchester United striker Michael Owen on Twitter: "And people talk about United always getting lucky cup draws!!! Couldn't get much tougher. What a game to look forward to."

He just talks like some fan. :lol:

I'd actually love to hear his opinion on the Suarez situation.

Guest bimpy474

Aye thats the one, as much as I was disappointed about Marsielle I was more shocked than anything. The fact that a French club could actually beat us, back then domestic football in France wasn't doing all that well.

I think they went on to win it and Drogba moved to Chelsea the next season, French teams started to improve a lot then, when i was very young (41 now), i remember watching St. Etienne and i cant remember the other team getting murdered by Racistpool.