Zambia win 2012 African Cup of Nations

TRC

milesstarforth Miles Starforth

Pardew says there's a chance Cisse and Ba could be involved against Blackburn Rovers next Wednesday. #nufc #brfc

1 minute ago

Personally think the Blackburn game is a bit too soon (could be on the bench though).

Though think it's safe to say that we should expect to see them properly (ie. in the starting lineup) against Villa.

Good thing about Blackburn is that we beat them the other week so we could just start the team that beat them, and its a relatively easy game. Were as Villa will be a tough game were we should start both Ba and Cisse.

Don't understand why they wouldn't be involved vs Blackburn if they are in Newcastle. It's a flight, not a marathon. And they would've had lots of training sessions and on top of that played 3 matches. Only con I can see is Papiss not starting because of team relations. Think that is a bit OTT too imo. He knows Ba, and he's not stupid.

Don't understand why they wouldn't be involved vs Blackburn if they are in Newcastle. It's a flight, not a marathon. And they would've had lots of training sessions and on top of that played 3 matches. Only con I can see is Papiss not starting because of team relations. Think that is a bit OTT too imo. He knows Ba, and he's not stupid.

I think you've pretty much explained the argument against them starting. 3 games in 8 days which will turn into 5 of 15 if they play against both Blackburn and Villa.

I think you've pretty much explained the argument against them starting. 3 games in 8 days which will turn into 5 of 15 if they play against both Blackburn and Villa.

I guess you can look at it that way, but was actually trying to defend the idea of the two of them starting with that argument.

Guest icemanblue

Good thing about Blackburn is that we beat them the other week so we could just start the team that beat them, and its a relatively easy game. Were as Villa will be a tough game were we should start both Ba and Cisse.

This is exactly how football works.

I take your point, but the lads who played at Fulham and who will play against Brighton, Blackburn and Villa will have had 4 in 15. Some would argue that the games that the lads over here are playing are of a higher intensity than the ones over there.

Someone like Gutierrez for example is likely to play the 90 minutes in each of our 4 games if fit. Neither Ba nor Cisse has played the full 180 minutes yet and there is every chance that at least one of them won't play the full 90 on Sunday, in a game that for Senegal is a dead rubber anyway.

I agree that the best we can probably hope for is that they are on the bench on Wednesday night, but to dismiss them being available because of their schedule doesn't quite take into account the full picture. In Cisse's case in particular it is very likely that he will play less minutes across the 5 games than a fair few of the lads that didn't go away will in 4.

Of course there are other factors to take into account, but they are professional footballers. They won't exactly have been slumming it over there, they will travel first class and they have probably not been training particularly intensively between games over there. If they are back in the country Monday and we need them then there is no reason why they should not be considered for Wednesday night's game - whether AP picks them or not is entirely different.

They've been better of late, they made something like 8 changes from their usual league XI in the cup game, we struggled to break them down until a wonder goal from HBA and needed a last minute winner from Jonas.

Apart from that, it's flawless logic mate.  Good plan Batman.