Ravel Morrison

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't think it will work out because my hunch is that, at 18, he won't yet be ready to change his ways - not unless he has to face some kind of adversity, and being offered a lucrative contract by another Premiership club certainly won't be that.

But providing he comes cheap enough not to block investment in other areas, or the progress of other players, I'd be unable to resist taking the chance.

Not sure on the idea that if Fergie can't sort him out no-one will, I may be missing an obvious example but isn't his style more 'do what I say or fuck off!'?

He had his golden generation of youngsters coming through but which one of Giggs, Beckham, Scholes or the Nevilles not a model pro anyway, even then he managed to leave Beckham needing stitches after kicking a boot in his face :lol:

He may have calmed down a bit but i still can't think of any examples of him putting an arm around a talented youngster and getting the best out of them.

In Morrison's case it seems like he is doing what he has done a number of times in the past, except this time the player hasn'thad the opportunity to show his real worth.

Not sure on the idea that if Fergie can't sort him out no-one will, I may be missing an obvious example but isn't his style more 'do what I say or f*** off!'?

He had his golden generation of youngsters coming through but which one of Giggs, Beckham, Scholes or the Nevilles not a model pro anyway, even then he managed to leave Beckham needing stitches after kicking a boot in his face :lol:

He may have calmed down a bit but i still can't think of any examples of him putting an arm around a talented youngster and getting the best out of them.

In Morrison's case it seems like he is doing what he has done a number of times in the past, except this time the player hasn'thad the opportunity to show his real worth.

Without knowing anything at all about the kid, my worry more is that if you are at Manchester United with the World at your feet at your would rather piss about and get in trouble rather than get your head down and work to be the best, then what are the chances he will come here and get his head down? Doesnt bode well.

But, Ive no idea how good he is or if he is worth the risk.

Dear God if true, just rumours though, one guy says something at the right moment (him being on his way out and known to have some issues from before) and people choose to believe it as if it was a fact.

It is a fact though.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/crime/s/1408668_manchester_united_ace_ravel_morrison_escapes_jail_after_threatening_robbery_victim

A Manchester United starlet has narrowly avoided going to jail after pleading guilty to witness intimidation.

His behaviour was slammed as ‘appalling’ by a district judge who warned he would be locked up for a year if he got in trouble again.

Ravel Ryan Morrison

@rioferdy5 I ever taken your watch:/ because a lot of silly immature people with no life with a lot of time on theRe hands seem to think so?

@RavelMorrison49

Ravel Ryan Morrison

People that make silly lil lies up have nout goin for them in theRe lives , grow up find something better to do & stop causing trouble :)

Gotta be worth the risk I reckon assuming we get him for £1m or less. Yes he could just be another Nile Ranger but if you've got the chance to sign *potentially* the best English player of his generation for such a small fee surely the gamble is worth it?

Guest optimistic nit

Not sure on the idea that if Fergie can't sort him out no-one will, I may be missing an obvious example but isn't his style more 'do what I say or f*** off!'?

Without knowing anything at all about the kid, my worry more is that if you are at Manchester United with the World at your feet at your would rather piss about and get in trouble rather than get your head down and work to be the best, then what are the chances he will come here and get his head down? Doesnt bode well.

But, Ive no idea how good he is or if he is worth the risk.

it says earlier in the thread that he was annoyed at the lack of first team oppertunities at ManU. its not inconcievable that if he knows that he has a chance to get in the first team here (which he will do, if he is as good as everyone is saying they've heard people say he is) he will knuckle down.

Ravel Ryan Morrison

@rioferdy5 I ever taken your watch:/ because a lot of silly immature people with no life with a lot of time on theRe hands seem to think so?

@RavelMorrison49

Ravel Ryan Morrison

People that make silly lil lies up have nout goin for them in theRe lives , grow up find something better to do & stop causing trouble :)

What does this tell me other than a conversation is being had between two people, presumably on some distant, twitter enabled, Polynesian island where the indigenous people speak a form of English.

Who said what to whom and what about?

Ravel Ryan Morrison

@RavelMorrison49

Ravel Ryan Morrison

What does this tell me other than a conversation is being had between two people, presumably on some distant, twitter enabled, Polynesian island where the indigenous people speak a form of English.

They're both his tweets.

Jesus, that is remarkable.  So he 'ever' took Ferdinand's watch and silly people with nothing in 'theRe' lives are making stuff up.

When it says this kid is young, how young, 10?

Ravel Ryan Morrison

@RavelMorrison49

Ravel Ryan Morrison

They're both his tweets.

Jesus, that is remarkable.  So he 'ever' took Ferdinand's watch and silly people with nothing in 'theRe' lives are making stuff up.

When it says this kid is young, how young, 10?

Nile Ranger makes him look like Kant tbh.

Guest Geordiesned
During the conversation Morrison warned: "You don’t know me any more. You don’t know what I’m capable of."

Should get on well with Mike and Dekka!

So we have rumours he's a bad lad (stories of intimidation, theft etc) and rumours he's the best thing since sliced bread (coaches apparently saying he's amazing).

Are any of the bad rumours fact (backed up?) and is any of the good stuff backed up?

Read the news paper article above, that's fact.

I'm ... I'm getting an image ... it's Ravel Morrison ... aged 28.  Playing non-league football.  Multiple ... arrests.  It grows hazy.  The spirits depart, I can see no further. 

http://hidden-science.net/english/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/crystal_ball1.jpg

Have a Man Utd supporting mate at work who's been going on about Morrison for ages, everything in regards to personality and some of the really stupid stuff he's done (that intimidation stuff made him come across absolutely horrendous) really does put me off. One thing we've seemingly got is a great team spirit and a willingness to pull together, I'd hate for him to come in and not only disrupt some members of the firsts but also negatively influence some of the younger players.

Leaning towards a no from me.

I work with kids who've done worse and they are capable of being normal people or just getting stuck in patterns of behaviour. One got a job in Timpsons and seemed to mature overnight. Can't imagine acting like he has when having a career with Man United ahead of him, boggles the mind.