The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Guest Chubby Jason

Clive is rolling back the years with his infuriating bias tonight. He's on top form I have to say.

i've been on this planet for 43 long years now, and - leaving aside all hyperbole and irrationality that grips all of us every now and then - I can thing of about five things which really, really annoy me to the point of wanting to inflict harm on fellow members of the human race. And by harm, I mean actual, real, painful, teeth splintering harm.

One of those things is the way ITV commentators (BBC do it to, but less overtly) act is if the entire country is behind the English team in the Champions League. Even when it is Chelsea.

How much further from the truth could they be? What percentage of match-going English punters who don't support Chelsea do they think are watching this and thinking "Well, I hope Chelsea prevail, it'll be good for the English game, it's always great to see lots of English clubs in the later stages of the Champions League"?

I wish we could just press the fucking red button and get the Italian TV commentary.