The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Never two pens in that game. Give the 2nd one, if you didn't gave the first one (and vice-versa).

To give both, in a CL quarter final, with both teams having a chance to go through is a stupid decision.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_5016_1328288257.png

Well, yeah. Probably true. :lol:

First one a definate penalty, second one seems soft, but by the letter of the law...players get away with it so much, clearly refs decide early if they mind or not...seems a sad way to settle the game as well. Barca have been a bit off the boil but always threatening, AC Milan have been sort of rubbish but still capable of scoring...

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

honestly don't get what Puyol was trying to do there.

Setting the screen, but it was an offensive foul as he was moving his feet. Bad call by the refs, but then they give Superstar Calls all the time.

Never two pens in that game. Give the 2nd one, if you didn't gave the first one (and vice-versa).

To give both, in a CL quarter final, with both teams having a chance to go through is a stupid decision.

That doesn't make sense. The first one was a stonewaller, the second one of those you can't really complain about other than there is no consistency in how the rule is applied.

Was just wondering what David would be saying if it'd happened at the other end :laugh:

"Lucky that it was given, but wouldn't complain if it was given to Barca.".

Open your eyes people..... If Barca won't get their goals from their 'beautiful play' (in CL) something else will happen.... red cards, penalties....

I suppose it'll have to wait till the final this year to end them....

Was just wondering what David would be saying if it'd happened at the other end :laugh:

Open your eyes people..... If Barca won't get their goals from their 'beautiful play' (in CL) something else will happen.... red cards, penalties....

You sound like a mackem...

You sound like a mackem...

I can't deny that I hate Barcelona.

honestly don't get what Puyol was trying to do there.

Setting the screen, but it was an offensive foul as he was moving his feet. Bad call by the refs, but then they give Superstar Calls all the time.

:lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/grand/22671983-wtf.gif

Am I alone in not minding italian teams being cynical fuckers, it seems there raison d'etre...know bit of national characturing there but I find it oddly appealing in a way

I fucking hate it, tbh. It's tolerable against Barca, or really anytime a lesser team visits a better one, but it also ruins what could be perfectly good matches.

Am I alone in not minding italian teams being cynical fuckers, it seems there raison d'etre...know bit of national characturing there but I find it oddly appealing in a way

I f***ing hate it, tbh. It's tolerable against Barca, or really anytime a lesser team visits a better one, but it also ruins what could be perfectly good matches.

O0

frankly I'm disappointed when Italian teams aren't cynical fuckers its just the way its supposed to be