The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Sounds like our thought process 3 years ago.

Yeah, and what's worse is I was hanging around this place that season as your relegation unfolded, and am now trying to convince myself there are no parallels at all.

;)

The difference is our 'McFuck' was only meant to be there for 6 games. You gave yours a full contract and a transfer budget! :razz:

I think, due to the fact that you will stay up, the obvious comparison is us appointing Souness. Both utterly senseless appointments that were doomed from before they even arrived.

Yeah, and what's worse is I was hanging around this place that season as your relegation unfolded, and am now trying to convince myself there are no parallels at all.

;)

The difference is our 'McFuck' was only meant to be there for 6 games. You gave yours a full contract and a transfer budget! :razz:

Kinnear's appointment was far worse IYAM

;)

Not convinced. It certainly can't touch the inexplicability of this one.

Imagine if McFuck was Sunderland manager, and got them relegated twice in four seasons whilst playing football of a style that you pissed yourselves laughing at, it was so utterly piss poor and unambitious.

Imagine that on the last day of last season, you'd spent your time pissing yourself laughing at his latest relegation (which happened in such a limp, unambitious, unchallenged way that it looked even more pitiful).

Then imagine that less than a month later, Ashley appointed him Newcastle manager.

That is what has happened to us.

;)

I've never been so embarrassed by a Newcastle staff/player/whatever than i was with JFK, and he's the worst manager i've ever seen us have... but i wasn't really complaining when he was brought in. Keeping him for as long as we did was the mistake. But the damage was done by that point imo. Mourinho wouldn't have kept that useless mob of mercenaries up imo. Absolutely destined to be relegated.

;)

Not convinced. It certainly can't touch the inexplicability of this one.

Imagine if McFuck was Sunderland manager, and got them relegated twice in four seasons whilst playing football of a style that you p*ssed yourselves laughing at, it was so utterly p*ss poor and unambitious.

Imagine that on the last day of last season, you'd spent your time pissing yourself laughing at his latest relegation (which happened in such a limp, unambitious, unchallenged way that it looked even more pitiful).

Then imagine that less than a month later, Ashley appointed him Newcastle manager.

That is what has happened to us.

Whilst all of that is true, I still think it was worse. We're talking about Joe fucking Kinnear man!

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Mikel, Lampard, Kalou, Torres, Mata.

Subs: Turnbull, Essien, Drogba, Meireles, Ferreira, Sturridge, Cahill.

Benfica: Artur Moraes, Maxi Pereira, Javi Garcia, Emerson, Capdevila, Witsel, Matic, Bruno Cesar, Aimar, Cardozo, Gaitan.

Subs: Eduardo, Nolito, Djalo, Nelson Oliveira, Rodrigo Moreno, Saviola, Andre Almeida.

Referee: Damir Skomina (Slovenia)

and in unnecessary risks news Cronaldo starts for Madrid.

Not sure what I want tonight. On the one hand, Chelsea winning the CL would be a total fucking nightmare (unless we get third I suppose, at which point it would become hilarious). On the other, I want them to have loads of games and injuries so they're knackered. Hopefully they can get through tonight with red cards and injuries, then get absolutely humiliated by Barca, two days after losing to us by playing their reserves.

Not sure what I want tonight. On the one hand, Chelsea winning the CL would be a total f***ing nightmare (unless we get third I suppose, at which point it would become hilarious). On the other, I want them to have loads of games and injuries so they're knackered. Hopefully they can get through tonight with red cards and injuries, then get absolutely humiliated by Barca, two days after losing to us by playing their reserves.

Second scenario please.

do Chelsea just hand out blue and white flags for every big game?  They seem to have them loads and I find it hard to believe fans remember to bring them every time.

aye champions league ones especially, personally think its naff in the extreme

Guest Loven11

Watching the match on the itv website and some mackem posted this :

Comment From ROKER 1973

wish safc was in this league come on chelsea keep the english intrested in it

Keep dreaming mackem cunt.