NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Tyson

Re- Siggurdson.

I'm happy that Swansea signed him. He'll add a much needed cutting edge (with a matching goal return), to compliment their slick passing exchanges.

Would've been a career disaster if West Ham (with their promotion windfall) coughed-up a 7-8m+ offer.

Guest palnese

The money is tight, and we just don't have the money to sign another first choice midfielder for that kind of money.

I would've liked Sigurdsson here, but I fully understand why we won't sign him.

Diame on the other hand.

Yeah Sigurdsson would've been a great fit but when Barnetta (free), Amalfitano (free), Diame (free) and Butterfield (compensation) are available, I don't mind spending that money on the defence.

Newcastle scout Lille's Mathieu Debuchy in action for France

Newcastle United want to continue their French revolution with a deal for Lille full-back Mathieu Debuchy, after watching him star against Iceland over the weekend.

Magpies boss Alan Pardew is a long-term admirer of versatile defender Debuchy, and has closely followed his progress all year, before asking Chief Scout Graham Carr to compile a dossier on the player at the end of the season.

Pardew, who has already signed play-maker Romain Amalfitano from Ligue 2 Reims, has enjoyed huge success with French players in the last 12 months, with the likes of Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa, Gabriel Obertan and Sylvain Marveaux all helping the Toon to a surprise 5th place finish last season.

Newcastle are not finished there though, and will use their excellent contacts on the continent to strengthen again this summer, with Lille star Debuchy their top target, after club scouts watched the 26-year-old score and impress as France beat Iceland 3-2 on Sunday evening.

A powerful and aggressive right-back who can play left-back and in midfield, Debuchy has also been watched by Manchester United and Liverpool in recent months, but Newcastle believe they are favourites, and are preparing a £5 million bid.

Lille are said to value the player at closer to £8 million, and are aware that Turkish duo Galatasaray and Fenerbahce are willing to pay that, giving them a strong hand at the negotiating table.

Newcastle are likely to be forced into upping their bid though - given that first-choice right-back Danny Simpson has twice rejected the offer of a new contract, and is set to walk out of Sports Direct Arena on a free transfer this summer.

The Magpies have Manchester United's Fabio da Silva and Twente's Roberto Rosales as back up options, if they fail to land Debuchy.

I don't think Lee has the physical attributes to be successful in the premier league. He is short and not strong enought.

Where were you for 2009~2011 where he was Bolton's best players and one of the most productive wide men in the entire league?

Said it after the game last night but after seeing Debuchy link up so well with Ben Arfa i dont want anyone else lol.

We have to do everything we can possibly do to land him.

As for Sigurdsson he would be a fantastic addition to the midfield but i feel that signing Debuchy and a CB is more important.

And iam not at all fussed about Diame, i think he's a good player but he's not someone who will improve us unlike Debuchy or Sigurdsson would.

The Dream Scenario is Keep Ba, Sign Barnetta, Debuchy, Mbiwa and a young striker.

Make it happen Pards  O0

I don't think Lee has the physical attributes to be successful in the premier league. He is short and not strong enought.

Where were you for 2009~2011 where he was Bolton's best players and one of the most productive wide men in the entire league?

Exactly, he's class and has proved he can be a force in this league. If it wasn't for his and Holden's injuries Bolton would still be a Premier League team now IMO.

Can any of the central defenders we've been linked with play in central midfield?  Would make sense to go for that type of player imo.

Mbiwa can play all across the backline so he could provide cover at fullback but midfield? i dont think so.

And Douglas is strictly a CB i think.

Newcastle United want to continue their French revolution with a deal for Lille full-back Mathieu Debuchy, after watching him star against Iceland over the weekend.

Magpies boss Alan Pardew is a long-term admirer of versatile defender Debuchy, and has closely followed his progress all year, before asking Chief Scout Graham Carr to compile a dossier on the player at the end of the season.

Pardew, who has already signed play-maker Romain Amalfitano from Ligue 2 Reims, has enjoyed huge success with French players in the last 12 months, with the likes of Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa, Gabriel Obertan and Sylvain Marveaux all helping the Toon to a surprise 5th place finish last season.

Newcastle are not finished there though, and will use their excellent contacts on the continent to strengthen again this summer, with Lille star Debuchy their top target, after club scouts watched the 26-year-old score and impress as France beat Iceland 3-2 on Sunday evening.

A powerful and aggressive right-back who can play left-back and in midfield, Debuchy has also been watched by Manchester United and Liverpool in recent months, but Newcastle believe they are favourites, and are preparing a £5 million bid.

Lille are said to value the player at closer to £8 million, and are aware that Turkish duo Galatasaray and Fenerbahce are willing to pay that, giving them a strong hand at the negotiating table.

Newcastle are likely to be forced into upping their bid though - given that first-choice right-back Danny Simpson has twice rejected the offer of a new contract, and is set to walk out of Sports Direct Arena on a free transfer this summer.

The Magpies have Manchester United's Fabio da Silva and Twente's Roberto Rosales as back up options, if they fail to land Debuchy.

That is one well researched article..

That is one well researched article..

its the Metro, they just go with any random shit, can't see anyway at all we'd be interested in either da Silva unless it was on Obertans recommendation or something just as daft