NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Roger Kint

Pardew said that 3-4 deals were hotting up so either he's lying or we're working on things behind the scenes.

1. Remy - Off

2. Sissoko - Off?

3. Haidara - Unknown

4. ???

Gouffran and Graham would be acceptable back up options for me. Don't know much about Aubemyang or if we are even going there, but there are still options out there. We need to make something happen.

Gouffran and Graham would be acceptable back up options for me. Don't know much about Aubemyang or if we are even going there, but there are still options out there. We need to make something happen.

He won't leave until the summer. St Etienne have a winnable cup final to play.

I think by the time Debuchy and Remy were wrapped up the fans would be satiated, and would be more willing to buy into the "we tried to get one or two more over the line" spiel.

That's just managing expectations, and typical from the regime though, so nothing new/outrageous there. I actually think they were right not to play into Remy's hands and bid £70/80k per week. He's not worth that much. It would disrupt our payscales throughout the squad too, as has been noted. The problem was the last transfer window. The regime has less than 14 days now to go out and put things right. They should be working round the clock, and in terms of transfer fee - they should make that full £8m which would have spent on Remy - available to sign a CB and/or a forward.

Transfers have been completed from wire-to-wire in the space of a single day, previously. They have 14 or so. Obviously, do what due diligence you can, but cut the brinksmanship, don't antagonise the selling club and pay fair value for affordable players.

Have the Gouffran quotes been posted?

Ligue 1 side Bordeaux have revealed they are ready to listen to offers for star striker Yoan Gouffran.

Gouffran, 26, has set his sights on leaving les Girondins after spending last four and a half years at the club and has rejected a contract extension from Bordeaux.

The French giants are now prepared to cash in on their prized asset, but club president Jean-Louis Triaud admits that the player’s desire to move to English Premier League is limiting his options.

“He was offered an extension, but this did not seem to please him”, Triaud told French radio station Radio Monte Carlo.

“In order to consider his departure, it is necessary to have offers or contacts. He is thinking. He is on the lookout.

“His only potential choice is England and this limits the possibilities. In June he had an offer from Reading, he refused it, it makes sense.”

Yoan Gouffran joined Bordeaux in a €6.5 million deal from Caen and didn’t need a lot of time to establish himself as a first team regular at Stade Chaban-Delmas.

He has scored a total of 31 goals in 139 Ligue 1 appearances for les Girondins despite being rarely used as a centre forward.

Gouffran has been in fine form this term, netting 8 times in 19 Ligue 1 matches.

Surely we'll be sniffing around this - 26 years old, striker/winger, pacy, can finish with both feet and he seems to be available at a decent price.  I don't know much about the guy but he sounds spot on!

Pardew: "He's a decent enough player, but I'm just not sure his head is large enough for Mike to pick out from the back line"

He won't leave until the summer. St Etienne have a winnable cup final to play.

I thought that one had gone quiet. The other two are definitely doable though, and within our budget. So if there aren't any top class alternatives get it done.

Knee jerk reaction seems to be signing any one who isn't the first target. Need another 6 months to decide on another target to put all their focus and failure in to.

It´s staggering that we don´t seem to have any back-ups. I wouldn´t want to be at any transfer meeting they have. epic failure, again.

If that 1 or 2 aren't at least a Centre Back we are screwed. We need at least 2 not 1 or 2, we have lost 3 fucking strikers since May and not brought 1 in. We are leaking goals left right and centre and need a Centre Half. Honestly man I would fucking settle for a reasonably competent player up front until the summer that isn't Shola.