NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I can't believe that anyone thinks that Pardew, Newcastle manager Pardew, doesn't think he's responsible for how the team plays, because George Caulkin tweeted that he wanted 1 or 2 players to help us stay up.

I hope something happens soon, because the level of discussion on here has reached absolutely frightening depths.

As SBR said, every manager, if asked, would want just 1 or 2 more players. That's got nothing to do with the inescapable (and i'm sure you agree with this) fact that our players, pretty much every single one of them, has been playing below their optimal level and that as a group, they've looked disjointed and bereft of ideas. It's almost like they don't practive WITH the ball all week, like they the only time they see it is on matchday (obviously they don't but their is no pattern to our use of the ball). You can call it whatever you like, you can refer to last season or any of his previous seasons with any of his other clubs but the point is, we play like crap.

Now i think he's just trying to do what worked last season because, imo, he hasn't got the nous to turn it around. If he had, even with the injuries because he's always had enough decent ball players at his disposal and as a collective they've played like poo.

You can say we were alright sporadically but so you will be able to say that the all 3 teams that relegated this year.

FWIW, im not kneejerking because it's going badly, i called him out last year when things were going well. I thought we were very, very lucky in some games where we got big results, results the performance didn't really deserve, and i thought we'd be found out if we didn't evolve. Guess what? We didn't.

Great post. Belongs in the Pardew thread, but I'm sure there's a few versions there already.

It's all perfectly reasonable, but my post was in response to people claiming that Pardew doesn't think he's responsible for our play. Which is a mad assertion IMO.

I wasn't saying anything about whether he does or doesn't have the ability to improve things.

I wasn't really addressing your post, my response was to Lotus. FWIW I think your views are usually pretty much on the mark on the whole.

That Wraith clown reckons Darren Bent.

Transfer windows supporting us are no fun anymore.

Two of the more obvious Premiership strikers who seem to be on the market are Bent and Danny Graham so both are likely to get touted in rumours. I don't know what Villa are paying Bent but suspect it might be more than we would so that could kill that one off fairly sharpish? I like Danny Graham and would be happy to have him among our options, he's from Gateshead so maybe a Newcastle shirt might mean something other than a job to him.

Mick dodah, said on total sport that Graham was way down on our list, which doesn't bode well in trying to sign him. Personally i don't think we are even in for him. Bent = meh imo.

Bent isn't even on the radar, wrong type of player completely. As for Graham being way down our list, I just hope whoever is way up our list is going to end up here this month. Otherwise that list is going to get shoved up someone's jacksy :lol:

Guest bimpy474

I can't believe that anyone thinks that Pardew, Newcastle manager Pardew, doesn't think he's responsible for how the team plays, because George Caulkin tweeted that he wanted 1 or 2 players to help us stay up.

I hope something happens soon, because the level of discussion on here has reached absolutely frightening depths.

As SBR said, every manager, if asked, would want just 1 or 2 more players. That's got nothing to do with the inescapable (and i'm sure you agree with this) fact that our players, pretty much every single one of them, has been playing below their optimal level and that as a group, they've looked disjointed and bereft of ideas. It's almost like they don't practive WITH the ball all week, like they the only time they see it is on matchday (obviously they don't but their is no pattern to our use of the ball). You can call it whatever you like, you can refer to last season or any of his previous seasons with any of his other clubs but the point is, we play like crap.

Now i think he's just trying to do what worked last season because, imo, he hasn't got the nous to turn it around. If he had, even with the injuries because he's always had enough decent ball players at his disposal and as a collective they've played like poo.

You can say we were alright sporadically but so you will be able to say that the all 3 teams that relegated this year.

FWIW, im not kneejerking because it's going badly, i called him out last year when things were going well. I thought we were very, very lucky in some games where we got big results, results the performance didn't really deserve, and i thought we'd be found out if we didn't evolve. Guess what? We didn't.

Great post. Belongs in the Pardew thread, but I'm sure there's a few versions there already.

It's all perfectly reasonable, but my post was in response to people claiming that Pardew doesn't think he's responsible for our play. Which is a mad assertion IMO.

I wasn't saying anything about whether he does or doesn't have the ability to improve things.

Being responsible and having the ability to change things when they go wrong. Do they not go hand in hand though ?

Being responsible and having the ability to change things when they go wrong. Do they not go hand in hand though ?

In a way. Either way, that wasn't what my post was about.

Guest bimpy474

Two of the more obvious Premiership strikers who seem to be on the market are Bent and Danny Graham so both are likely to get touted in rumours. I don't know what Villa are paying Bent but suspect it might be more than we would so that could kill that one off fairly sharpish? I like Danny Graham and would be happy to have him among our options, he's from Gateshead so maybe a Newcastle shirt might mean something other than a job to him.

Mick dodah, said on total sport that Graham was way down on our list, which doesn't bode well in trying to sign him. Personally i don't think we are even in for him. Bent = meh imo.

Bent isn't even on the radar, wrong type of player completely. As for Graham being way down our list, I just hope whoever is way up our list is going to end up here this month. Otherwise that list is going to get shoved up someone's jacksy :lol:

Aye, our list though seem like they could be written on a stamp :lol:

Aye, our list though seem like they could be written on a stamp :lol:

And have room for the Lord's Prayer.

I think the limit of his sense of responsibilty is that he'll want more players.

I think he's of the philosophy that you shouldn't over coach attacking players, just let them do what's natural. His side is the organising of the defence. It's a good philosophy if it fits the players you have. Rather than adapt, i think he wants more players and if that doesn't work, he'll want more players.

What will your reaction be if nothing happens Ian ? Or we bring in players that won't help with our problems at CB and CF ? Again not seeing any answers from you, just happy to criticise others that criticise the club. Is your solution to everything just to sit on our hands don't say a word, let them get on with it and then ho-hum not much we could do given the circumstances, when the envitable lack of investment happens ?

What will your reaction be if nothing happens Ian ? Or we bring in players that won't help with our problems at CB and CF ? Again not seeing any answers from you, just happy to criticise others that criticise the club. Is your solution to everything just to sit on our hands don't say a word, let them get on with it and then ho-hum not much we could do given the circumstances, when the envitable lack of investment happens ?

Come on man, the people who criticise the club constantly don't come up with any answers either. Why should I have the magic formula? We don't even know what we're debating any more half the time, just extremely vague hatred towards Mike Ashley expressed through individual threads.

If nothing happens in this window I will be very disappointed, and I will criticise the club. I have said many times that we desperately need a CB and a CF.

It's depressing that I have to constantly explain that I don't think everything is amazing, when I've never said anything of the sort.

If he's backed and we bring in the right players for the right positions, get a break in injuries, and we still play like shit and don't even look like we care - then I'd be astonished if there was a single person on this board that still backed him, including Ian.

But most importantly Ian W, you would have been WRONG when you were optimistic that we would bring someone in.

You know, i bash on Ian a fair bit tbh but we have all been wrong about somethings, all of us. He's a very optimistic guy, and like most jaded people, it just kills me to see others happy! :lol:

For me it seems Pardew isn't all convinced either.

It'll be like waking up from a coma and finally breathing fresh air if we actually get the bodies we need in. Summer all over again is the feeling right now.

But most importantly Ian W, you would have been WRONG when you were optimistic that we would bring someone in.

:lol:

That's true.

I'm on your side fwiw, though I am starting to feel that even if we do manage to bring someone in this window, it won't be of high enough quality.

:lol:

That's true.

I'm on your side fwiw, though I am starting to feel that even if we do manage to bring someone in this window, it won't be of high enough quality.

I'm worried about this window as well, the Remy situation is a blow. But before that a lot of people were optimistic, so I'm trying to stay hopeful.

And his optimistic outlook should be applauded, especially considering the team he follows which conditions it's fans into extreme pessimism. Having said that head in the sand attitudes don't help in the same way as ultra negative attitudes don't.

For a forum to be healthy though it needs differences in opinions and Ian offers that for sure, you got to admire his one man army approach to keeping things in balance.

I took about a month forum break recently, will need another one very soon!

My opinion does get smoothed out to general optimism by other people a lot though. All I do is try to see the big picture and not let my views swing back and forth with every recent event. And fundamentally I support NUFC and find it hard to feel a 100% negative about it.

I've never claimed everything about the Ashley regime is positive, it just seems like that because there is so much negative stuff to respond to.