NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

Pardew dismisses idea of sticking with current squad. Says they need at least 2 to preserve #nufc Prem status.

Trying again to press the issue.

GLWT

He can press all he wants, that door ain't opening unless you pinch Mike's key.

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes

People questioning AP saying 1 or 2 players this week compared to 3 or 4 last. He was saying need 1 or 2 to STAY in PL, not how many after.

Yeah, we'll see.

Aye i'm more interested in actions than words but it does make sense tbh.

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes

People questioning AP saying 1 or 2 players this week compared to 3 or 4 last. He was saying need 1 or 2 to STAY in PL, not how many after.

Pretty worrying that he's having to resort to such claims like. The manager needs two new players for the club to stay up. *gulp*

Guest bimpy474

Pardew is so negative, and not just with the team on the pitch. He is just so weird.

He literally can't win though, if he said he was happy with the players he had he would be absolutely ripped to shreds on here.

He can say i need two players but not two to stay up. Thats bascially saying we are going down as it stands.

Admittedly as Dave has said before, that it could be to put pressure on the board, but we know that wont work.

He is just so negative, especially when you compare him to say Nigel Adkins or Martinez, who always talk up their teams despite struggling.

Guest bimpy474

All he would end up with is a different set of people having a go at him, for a slightly different reason. And I don't think you can judge the tone of his interview from a tweet by George Caulkin.

Anyway, who cares.

Who cares ?

Well i do, i'm not talking so much about what he's saying just how he is saying it. I want my manager to be upbeat, especially in adversity. I want him giving the team enthusiasm and guile, to go out and win against the odds.

Not what we have now, a fucking dour, useless tactically clueless idiot who is sending the team out as if they are already beat.

So yes i fucking care.

All he would end up with is a different set of people having a go at him, for a slightly different reason. And I don't think you can judge the tone of his interview from a tweet by George Caulkin.

Anyway, who cares.

Who cares ?

Well i do, i'm not talking so much about what he's saying just how he is saying it. I want my manager to be upbeat, especially in adversity. I want him giving the team enthusiasm and guile, to go out and win against the odds.

Not what we have now, a fucking dour, useless tactically clueless idiot who is sending the team out as if they are already beat.

So yes i fucking care.

I was more saying that the debate about his quotes is pointless.

Everyone is set to whinge, even if we'd signed Remy it would only have put it off until we next have a weakness in the squad, then it would start up again.

I agree with you that I want Pardew to be sending the team out motivated, but we were talking about his quotes RE transfers.

Clarification on the 'we need 2' point: two to avoid relegation. Am sure the squad will be strengthened beyond the 2 senior recruits but they'll be more likely to be Haidara type young players. My info is a chance of more than 2 senior recruits... One would be a start tho!

Guest bimpy474

Anyway, who cares.

Who cares ?

So yes i fucking care.

I was more saying that the debate about his quotes is pointless.

Everyone is set to whinge, even if we'd signed Remy it would only have put it off until we next have a weakness in the squad, then it would start up again.

I agree with you that I want Pardew to be sending the team out motivated, but we were talking about his quotes RE transfers.

Ahh right sorry mate, tbf i can't stand the bloke now so i'm going to be critical of him, and if i'm honest it really has nothing to do with transfers, because despite my hatred of him, i feel he isn't and will never be in charge of them, whether we get players in or not will not be his fault. That solely is at the feet of the board.

I'm not even that bothered about the waffle or his spivness, It's the shocking football and completely clueless tactics. Hate the bloke for it now, i have and always will, hate any manager who sees long ball as acceptable football.

When i say hate/hatred, it is solely about football and not Pardew the person. I save that for Hippo Head who i just find revolting in every way.

Clarification on the 'we need 2' point: two to avoid relegation. Am sure the squad will be strengthened beyond the 2 senior recruits but they'll be more likely to be Haidara type young players. My info is a chance of more than 2 senior recruits... One would be a start tho!

:anguish:

Two good senior players to go straight into the first team and one or two promising young players would be an excellent outcome. Six months too late, but excellent nevertheless.

It looks increasingly unlikely.

Two good senior players to go straight into the first team and one or two promising young players would be an excellent outcome. Six months too late, but excellent nevertheless.

You had to edit in the negative qualifier didn't you?  :D

You had to edit in the negative qualifier didn't you?  :D

You had to edit in the safety smiley didn't you? ;)

Find myself less and less interested in who we sign and don't sign. I just want us to play games and win them ffs. How can we be so pessimistic about beating Reading? Even with our injuries and small squad, surely we have too much for them? Fucking hell Pardew, sort this shit out man!  :knuppel2:

That post could have gone in any one of several threads. It's just the overriding feeling for me. We need the games. We need the points more than we need the new players, if that makes any sense.

Guest bimpy474

This two to stay up crap worries me slightly.. I mean we have a team already that should be midtable not loitering at the bottom. Also I hope our players don't read into those quotes either..

Exactly, and at no stage has he taken any of the blame, which really worries me. If he can't see what's wrong in what he's doing, as well as the players and the need for new blood then we really are fecked.

Anyway, who cares.

Who cares ?

Not what we have now, a f***ing dour, useless tactically clueless idiot who is sending the team out as if they are already beat.

So yes i f***ing care.

Well said. Agree with every word

Every time Pardew opens his mouth, I get MORE worried we're going down, not to return for a LONG time.