NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Seems to have come from a topmercato article that references the Daily Fail but the only article they have about it is an 18m euro cash plus player deal from 26th April.

Had to up the offer 3m because we threw obertan in.

180 cm. Would hope for someone with some height. MYM is the most talented of our CBs, not sure Taylor beside him will be much good for him. Need another CB if/when Colo goes. Preferably someone tall so AP can be satisfied with that and actually look at signing a striker who can score.

I really rate Virgil Van Dijk from Groningen. Not sure if he is quite 6 Ft 4 but he would be pretty close to that and not to mention realistic.

He doesn't sound French.

Virgille Vant Dique ?

The Mirror’s John Cross is more hopeful about Newcastle sealing a deal for Saint-Étienne striker Aubameyang. “I’ll give this one a seven out of 10,” he says. “I think there’s a good chance of it happening. They’ve been talking for a while. Listening to Alan Pardew at the end of the season, there was an acknowledgement that he needed a little more strength in depth. My one issue would be that he’s yet another signing from the French market. Has it served them well in the past few months? I think Newcastle probably need a bit more of a mix and a balance in that dressing room.”

http://www.lifesapitch.co.uk/laptv/two-minute-warning/man-utd-target-ranocchia-toon-eye-aubameyang-pepe-to-city/

Strength? has John Cross seen the size of Aubameyang he has about as much strength as Neymar :lol: also he isn't French.

Rapid though and that is something we desperately need.

:neutral: