NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Sinclair, Bent and Remy would be fantastic. Our goal threat in terms of finishing and creating chances has multiplied massively if we get those.

Even better, just Sinclair and Remy! :lol:

Yeah I know, I hate Darren Bent is getting old, but its funny because its true :angry:

Seriously though, Remy and Sinclair for the first team and Bent as backup ahead of Ameobi would be a pretty excellent window.  If only I didn't have the most horrible feeling that Bent would be the second name on Pardews team sheet behind Jonas week after week..

Yeah I know, I hate Darren Bent is getting old, but its funny because its true :angry:

Get over it. Start by looking at the current crop (of crap) we have to call upon if Cisse gets knacked.

I love to edit, get over it :lol:

Anyway you keep saying that but do you really believe Bent would be anything but a first team starter week in week out no matter who's fit?

One potential positive to come from signing Bent (or Bent+Remy) would be that, in theory, it would galvanise Papiss. I'd never doubt his determination, but having Shola as your only competition will do nowt for you.

I love to edit, get over it :lol:

Anyway you keep saying that but do you really believe Bent would be anything but a first team starter week in week out no matter who's fit?

I don't think he'd be a nailed-on starter, dude.

One potential positive to come from signing Bent (or Bent+Remy) would be that, in theory, it would galvanise Papiss. I'd never doubt his determination, but having Shola as your only competition will do nowt for you.

Everton at home last season: "With Ba gone it's Ameobi's chance to stake a claim for the shirt."

:papiss:

Bent is the new 'you know that idiot will start Williamson' and he hasn't even signed yet :lol:

Mackems I speak to really rate Bent, just say he's greedy (money) and doesn't interact very well in build up (Already knew that). I suspect he would bang a few in and we would grow to hate his very existence within a short period of time

MANCHESTER City winger Scott Sinclair is interested in a move to Newcastle – but the 24-year-old could be out of United’s price range.

The odds on Sinclair joining the club, previously 40/1, were yesterday slashed to 1/4 by one bookmaker.

Pardew signed Sinclair on loan at Charlton, and the Gazette understands he is an admirer of the player, who can play on the left side of midfield or up front.

He hardly played for City last season after a £6.2m from Swansea City, and is keen to play regular football next season.

However, much would depend on City’s valuation of Sinclair, who started his career at Chelsea.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/manchester-city-star-sinclair-may-be-priced-out-of-newcastle-move-1-5836050

MANCHESTER City winger Scott Sinclair is interested in a move to Newcastle – but the 24-year-old could be out of United’s price range.

The odds on Sinclair joining the club, previously 40/1, were yesterday slashed to 1/4 by one bookmaker.

Pardew signed Sinclair on loan at Charlton, and the Gazette understands he is an admirer of the player, who can play on the left side of midfield or up front.

He hardly played for City last season after a £6.2m from Swansea City, and is keen to play regular football next season.

However, much would depend on City’s valuation of Sinclair, who started his career at Chelsea.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/manchester-city-star-sinclair-may-be-priced-out-of-newcastle-move-1-5836050

Informative.

It depends on whether Sinclair is given the all-clear for his blood clot in August. He can't play any contact sports til then as there's an increased risk of bleeding from the warfarin he takes. If he gets a recurrent episode, it could mean real problems to his career (may be on lifelong meds depending on his condition). As long as he is on anti-coagulants, he can't take to the pitch.

His is a rare case called upper extremity deep vein thrombosis UEDVT). The common ones are usually in the lower extremities (legs) called DVT or the lungs (Pulmonary Embolism, dangerous). I see what I can dig out about UEDVT.

Think we're after another out and out striker i.e. Bent, and then a wide forward i.e. Remy.

Bent should hopefully then battle Cisse, and Remy and Gouffran can cover that wide forward role.