NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

If we get these two in, I'd like one more winger. And then we're good to go, like for real.

I'd rather we signed a physical CB tbh. We would have plenty of players capable of playing the winger role.

Douglas.  :hmm:

If we could get £25m for Cabaye and McCarthy for £15m. Invest the £10m in Sakho and Maloney (this is based on us already signing Remy and Gomis)...

Krul, Elliot, Alnwick

Haidara, Debuchy, Santon, Dummett

Saylor, Colo, MYM, Sahko

Bigi, McCarthy, Tiote, Sissoko, Anita, Marveaux

HBA, Remy, Cisse, Gomis, Gouffran, Maloney

For around £9m-£10m net spend, maybe less if we could get anything for Williamson and Gosling :kasper:

It seems so easy :okay:

Just watching the McCarthy youtube videos, he doesn't look like much of an improvement on Tiote to me.

McCarthy is a different player to Tiote, a CM rather than a DM

I think if we do go for him, it should be as a replacement for Tiote, not Cabaye.

I don't particularly like the term defensive midfielder, because a player in that position has to be able to use the ball reasonably well, otherwise any possession gained can get wasted, or the build-up too slow. He's a player who will actually see a lot of the ball.

It looks to me that technically McCarthy is better than Tiote, and his defending also looks exceptionally good. But a) he does look best suited to that holding position in midfield, and b) if we're seriously prepared to pay over £10m, surely there are better options?

Guest Haris Vuckic

I think McCarthy would be a good replacement for Cabaye but his name - although Scotch & therefore beligerent - isn't preternatural enough for some.

Otherwise he'd be a worldy.

I think we could really use a decent creative play maker in midfield...I dont think Ben Arfa will be wllowed o play in that role and Cabaye always sits really deep.

Depends how Pardew sets the team up really..... Lets say we get a winger and the strikers we want i think 4-4-2 is happening.

With Cabaye-Sissoko in the middle and a lot of the creativity coming from the wide areas.

If we stuck with 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 then i agree completely.

I think we could really use a decent creative play maker in midfield...I dont think Ben Arfa will be wllowed o play in that role and Cabaye always sits really deep.

Depends how Pardew sets the team up really..... Lets say we get a winger and the strikers we want i think 4-4-2 is happening.

With Cabaye-Sissoko in the middle and a lot of the creativity coming from the wide areas.

If we stuck with 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 then i agree completely.

I just feel we need someone to keep us ticking over a bit more.  No mater which formation we play.  I would be tempted to shift Cabaye if Im being honest.

I think Cabaye or Marveaux are more than good enough to be a playmaker, we (Pardew) just don't allow them to.

Marv would never get a playmaker role from Pardew.  Doesn't defend enough.

Pete Graves @PeteGravesSky

Remy to #nufc has permanent option at end of season. The 'other area' Kinnear has spoken of strengthening is left wing. After 2 strikers in.

I do hope we get also a CB till the end of the window.it will be nice :Remy,Gomis,LW,CB