NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

“It’s a movable feast – that’s the trouble with the transfer window,” Pardew told the Gazette.

“One knocks on to another. A signing goes in one club, and releases someone else.

“All those things are happening, and you’ve got to move with it. Players are not for sale, and then they are for sale.

“That’s where we’re at. Joe’s on the case, and I think Mike agrees with me and Joe that we need one more.

“That’s helpful, as he’s the one who’s got to pay.

“We speak enough to know where we are. His focus is purely on the transfers, and hopefully he can get a striker.

“On our part, it’s important that we bring another striker in. It’s obvious that we tried to do that with Darren.

“I’m we get one over the line. We need to carry more of an offensive threat. Remy’s a great signing for us.

“We want to try to make the best team we can, and I think we should try to sign another one.”

Resorting to publicly begging for one player, how pitiful. :lol:

Hate this "one player goes to one club which releases another" bollocks.

He seems to be reactive in everything he thinks, on and off the pitch. Other clubs manage to sign players with relative ease. As I have been quite vocal about I don't want us to sign people for the sake of it but we really do seem to make it as difficult a process as possible.

Ashley would go down the shop for a can of coke with Pardew and both would wait there until the next delivery comes in through worry the shop might be left short.

We need to be more aggressive, that doesn't mean paying over the odds (like Lyon seem to want us to) but if we offer what we deem fair and they start fucking about we need to move on and genuinely try to sign someone else. If the offer is good enough the player's club who we first went in for will soon get back in contact for a realistic compromise, instead we just fanny about hoping they will eventually give up while they fanny about knowing we aren't going to move on. It's like some shit American chick flick.

Nowt to do with Pardew like, if he wasn't so fearful for his job he'd grow a set and come out publicly berate JFK.

Tbf he didn't have any balls after finishing 5th. He knows he is at the best club he could ever get.

Just annoys me that he is either thick enough to swallow the bullshit or he thinks we are.

Nowt to do with Pardew like, if he wasn't so fearful for his job he'd grow a set and come out publicly berate JFK.

He can't really berate him (yet) as the window hasn't closed and he still might "get one over the line" (how annoying is that fucking phrase btw).

This is all set up for a car crash, unless good old Joe pulls a rabbit out of a hat.

“Let’s be honest – it’s not about the money, it’s about the quality of the player."

“I don’t think you can find one of fans who could argue we ain’t got value for money."

“That will continue – we’ll strive to push that along.”

“Our fans will be slightly disappointed,” he said. “But I think in a week’s time they will think, ‘hold on we haven’t lost anybody and we’ve got Anita’."

I'm expecting similar quotes to these ones last year.

He seems to be reactive in everything he thinks, on and off the pitch. Other clubs manage to sign players with relative ease. As I have been quite vocal about I don't want us to sign people for the sake of it but we really do seem to make it as difficult a process as possible.

Ashley would go down the shop for a can of coke with Pardew and both would wait there until the next delivery comes in through worry the shop might be left short.

We need to be more aggressive, that doesn't mean paying over the odds (like Lyon seem to want us to) but if we offer what we deem fair and they start f***ing about we need to move on and genuinely try to sign someone else. If the offer is good enough the player's club who we first went in for will soon get back in contact for a realistic compromise, instead we just fanny about hoping they will eventually give up while they fanny about knowing we aren't going to move on. It's like some s*** American chick flick.

It's absolute rubbish. Players have been moving everywhere for a few weeks now and we aint done anything.

He's pitiful. A cunt among cunts. He knew what he was signing up for when he was already sitting on a contract whilst Chris Hughton was leathering mackems, just hoping for a poor result for NUFC so he could get his foot in the door.

Detestable arsehole.

Tbf he didn't have any balls after finishing 5th. He knows he is at the best club he could ever get.

Just annoys me that he is either thick enough to swallow the bullshit or he thinks we are.

I doubt he gives a shit either way so long as he picks up his paycheque, that aside he's only interested in his press perception so when he does get binned he can get a new job.

Like more or less everyone at the club he's a twat.

We need to be more aggressive, that doesn't mean paying over the odds (like Lyon seem to want us to) but if we offer what we deem fair and they start f***ing about we need to move on and genuinely try to sign someone else. If the offer is good enough the player's club who we first went in for will soon get back in contact for a realistic compromise, instead we just fanny about hoping they will eventually give up while they fanny about knowing we aren't going to move on. It's like some s*** American chick flick.

It's absolute rubbish. Players have been moving everywhere for a few weeks now and we aint done anything.

I assume it means every transfer domino starts with an out of contract player signing for a club, then literally billions of transfers!!!

It's not just since Kinnear has been here that Pardew has uttered these sort of things before. It's every transfer window. At the start 'we need 3 or 4' then as time goes on it wittles down to something like 'if we can get one over the line before the window closing we'll have done well'

Pardew has such a cowardly persona when it comes to this stuff. I will repeat it though, working for Ashley must be nightmarish.

I'm sure he's just got a bingo machine at home and just picks out a few excuses before he speaks to the press.

"A movable feast" fuck off you fucking fuck. No one in football has ever said that or will ever say it again.

A movable feast. :lol:

Not only is it not relevant or true, it's not even a phrase. Never mind football, nobody in the course of human history has ever used the phrase "a movable feast" :lol:

It makes absolutely no sense at all  :lol:

Moveable feast, fuck sake

All I can think of is Kinnear running from feast to feast but never making it before it changes locations, stopping to make phone calls to other clubs every so often in hopes of keeping the feast from moving, until his heart explodes out of his chest.

All I can think of is Kinnear running from feast to feast but never making it before it changes locations, stopping to make phone calls to other clubs every so often in hopes of keeping the feast from moving, until his heart explodes out of his chest.

:sweetjesus:

He's pitiful. A c*** among c***s. He knew what he was signing up for when he was already sitting on a contract whilst Chris Hughton was leathering mackems, just hoping for a poor result for NUFC so he could get his foot in the door.

Detestable arsehole.

amen