NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Willow  :lol:

Honestly, what an awful way to start a new season. I hate the window. It should definitely close before the season starts, so clubs get stuff done in time. It's just got out of control.

So infuriating.

I don't know if we are getting more incompetent year to year or if its just the fact a year has passed and I have forgotten how inept we were previously.

- Quite absurd that we have a manager complaining about Squad depth back in January... come mid August we have an even smaller squad.

- Absurd that we have staff making noises in January about already scouting players and setting deals up only for us to be no further ahead and out of ideas... EVERY YEAR.

- Again absurd that we have a manager and players vocal about how important having new players taking part in our pre-season is, then we wait until the last minute chancing our arm in the hopes of saving a few weeks wages and knocking a bit of money off the transfer fee.

The list could be a thread long about what doesn't add up at this club. The way we are run is so contradictory and absurd at times.

Wonder what the Arsenal thread is like after signing 1 youth and letting about 13 players go.....

I guess they'll just point to their CL spot and say there can't be that much wrong.

Wonder what the Arsenal thread is like after signing 1 youth and letting about 13 players go.....

This doesn't go over well on here. We're the only club with problems.

Or maybe people care a tad more about our shortcomings than those of a club who is lightyears ahead of us in pretty much everything aside from procuring French "internationals"

Actually Arsenal, Man Utd and us are the standout clubs that have so far not invested in new players. Our need is far greater than there's though. Arsenal have a squad capable of finishing 4th without any additions, MU to finish in the top three, and we have the same bunch of players minus a few and plus not very many that nearly got us relegated last year.

I guess they'll just point to their CL spot and say there can't be that much wrong.

I'd be delighted if you could tell my arsenal supporting friend that. His face would be priceless. :lol:

Arsenal's spent £100m the last two years. Arsene's not allergic to spending, despite the popularity of that meme.  They'll get in players before we will.

Aye but they sold more than that as well.

The mere fact they are boasting about having "financial power" and they can't seem to sign any of their targets wouldn't go down well if i was a fan.

I'd be delighted if you could tell my arsenal supporting friend that. His face would be priceless. :lol:

Obviously they are used to winning things but when you consider that they aren't in the same spending league as the three clubs above them then 4th spot is not a bad achievement if looked at through neutral eyes.

Arsenal's spent £100m the last two years. Arsene's not allergic to spending, despite the popularity of that meme.  They'll get in players before we will.

Aye but they sold more than that as well.

The mere fact they are boasting about having "financial power" and they can't seem to sign any of their targets wouldn't go down well if i was a fan.

True, they have, although I view gross spend as a better indicator of ambition as net spend can be hugely misleading due to one or two big sales - imagine if Spurs had really sold bale for 100m, they'd be sandwiched with us and Arsenal at the bottom of that "net spent" table, further destroying its use as an indicator. I think the season or two after Man Utd sold Ronaldo they were down there too. Means nothing tbh.

I just meant it's a common meme to hear that the Arsenal board want Arsene to spend but he's not spending instead he'd rather buy a 16 year old random french lad and turn him into Henry mk II etc etc.

Obviously they are used to winning things but when you consider that they aren't in the same spending league as the three clubs above them then 4th spot is not a bad achievement if looked at through neutral eyes.

Yup, I wouldn't complain. :lol: But still, they are on a bit of a trophy drought, and they've had a pretty healthy spend in the past (facilitated by the selling off of their best players to be fair). That should increase now they have pretty much cleared their stadium debt and are pulling in massive money. Hell, even their ticket sales are probably four times that of SJP on a match day.

Guest bimpy474

The majority of Arsenal fans I know aren't happy and haven't been for quite a while. I can understand it tbh.

Yes being in the Champions League must be murder 17 years in a row. I have zilch sympathy if i'm honest.

The majority of Arsenal fans I know aren't happy and haven't been for quite a while. I can understand it tbh.

Yes being in the Champions League must be murder 17 years in a row. I have zilch sympathy if i'm honest.

Different ambitions though isn't it? They went from being one of the two horse race to not winning anything and being closer to a battle for 4th than one for 2nd.

Obviously the spending of teams like Man City and Chelsea is going to be hard to keep up with but Arsenal seem to have a lot more money available than they ever spend, not to mention losing their best players every season.

From an outsider looking in to me they never seem to address their real weaknesses and are always conservative in the transfer market (I know that feel). Weren't they the most profitable team in the world quite recently? I am sure they were up there and their owners certainly aren't short of a quid or two.

Expectations at Arsenal are of going for trophies and winning them. Something they haven't done in a while. They have money and an exceptional manager, yet they never seem to go for the jugular in the transfer market to make a statement to their rivals.

Their frustrations are understandable imo when you look at the stature of the club.