NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

WTF is all this annoying bs about Remy, he's in, loan or not, he's a player we can use. With that rape charge and whatnot it's the best deal I guess considering QPR paid him retardwages.

If Alderweireld goes this window and we ain't innit to win it I'm thinking about changing teams to watch until Fat Mike, Kinnear and Pardew go ba-byeeeee...

@MsiDouglas 3m

Kinnear was in Brussels yesterday watching Bel-Fra. No suggestion they're close on much ATM. 17 days to go... Column tomorrow addresses that

Alderweireld aside I can't see anyone else playing in that game that is realistic transfer target IMO aside from Pocognoli the Belgian LB but he is contracted 'til 2016.

Nearly searched google for a player called Bel-Fra then :lol:

@MsiDouglas 3m

Kinnear was in Brussels yesterday watching Bel-Fra. No suggestion they're close on much ATM. 17 days to go... Column tomorrow addresses that

Alderweireld aside I can't see anyone else playing in that game that is realistic transfer target IMO aside from Pocognoli the Belgian LB but he is contracted 'til 2016.

Nearly searched google for a player called Bel-Fra then :lol:

Nearly my arse  :lol:

Never thought we'd be in for Fernandes. Like fuck have we scouted in Turkey :lol: Agents will be pitching us players right up until the end of the window but I bet they will want to stick to their policy of scouting the shit out of players before they even make an approach.

Never thought we'd be in for Fernandes. Like f*** have we scouted in Turkey :lol: Agents will be pitching us players right up until the end of the window but I bet they will want to stick to their policy of scouting the s*** out of players before they even make an approach.

I have no problem with them scouting the shit out of players. I'd rather them do that.

"His departure has never been considered or conceivable"

As I thought, it's a load of shit :lol: why would they get rid it just doesn't make any sense.

Then the article says: "It is suggested by the Express that the Gunners and the Magpies are using this information as confirmation that Thauvin could be sold" :lol:

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bent-blow-united-kinnear-jets-5739499

Newcastle United failed in a last-gasp bid to persuade Darren Bent to join them over Fulham, the Journal understands.

The former Sunderland striker will be announced as a Fulham player this morning after undergoing a medical last night – but The Journal understands United made contact yesterday morning in an attempt to revive their interest.

By then it was too late for Bent to renege on a move to Fulham on a season-long loan, and the decision was made to proceed with a switch to Craven Cottage.

United had the chance to do a deal for Bent earlier in the transfer window but stalled over terms and a fee with Aston Villa. The striker’s representatives are understood to have held informal talks with United but Bent was frustrated by a delay in following up the delay, which was down to Newcastle pursuing Lyon’s Bafetimbi Gomis.

Bent (pictured right) was then the subject of interest from Crystal Palace and Fulham, which will come to fruition with a season-long loan this morning.

Newcastle’s last-ditch bid for Bent further underlines how desperate they are to bring in forward reinforcements, with Joe Kinnear in Brussels on Wednesday to run the rule over Belgium’s friendly draw with France.

The primary aim of the scouting mission appears to have been watching Newcastle’s French internationals although none played, with Mathieu Debuchy and Moussa Sissoko both on the bench for the game. Lyon’s Bafetimbi Gomis – a priority target earlier in the window – has told friends he is unlikely to join United and there is now talk in France of him signing a new contract. It leaves Newcastle desperate for new arrivals.

Despite that Newcastle agreed to loan prospect Adam Campbell to Carlisle on a month’s loan yesterday.

He will be allowed to move until January if United manage to bring in the forward they are desperate to land.

While that situation continues to dismay Newcastle fans, the team remain quietly confident about

surprising the Premier League. United start at Manchester City on Monday and Vurnon Anita – one of the players handed minutes in Tuesday’s behind-closed-doors clash with Liverpool – believes that Newcastle should be aiming to replicate their top-five finish in 2012.

He said: “This year is different. We have no Europa League and so everybody will be well rested and let’s go for the top five. Why should we not look at making it into the top five again?

“We have good players and we should not worry about the rest of the league. The squad is good and we all feel confident so European football should the aim again for us.”

United continue to be linked with a series of overseas players, and the latest round of speculation suggested interest in Ajax’s Toby Alderweireld and Besiktas’ former Everton midfielder Manuel Fernandes. Neither player is understood to be on Newcastle’s radar, with the club’s overriding priority landing the striker who has eluded them all summer. Pardew is also keen to bring in another wide man, and had expressed an interest in Stewart Downing – who left for West Ham this week.

The prospect of Newcastle not bringing in another forward is a worrying one, especially given that Remy could now miss several more weeks with a calf problem.

“Remy is still on the road to recovery. Man City will come too soon and so might Fulham and West Ham,” he said.

“It is becoming increasingly likely he will be unavailable. He has not kicked a ball yet and has only been running.”

:lol: Fuck me. Going to watch players who we already fucking have, what a predictably laughable cunt.

Guest reefatoon

Fucking hell Anita is at it now.  Pardew seems to have brainwashed them all into thinking Europe was the one and only reason we were shit last season, and without it, everything is going to be all tickety boo.  Fucking morons the lot of them. They are in for a big shock.

Guest reefatoon

18 days to go and we have signed an injured player on loan

Cheers for the update

It was more of a downdate, nothing up about that date at all.

Guest reefatoon

I really thought we would have learnt from last summers shennanigans, when we only brought in Anita and went into the start of the season flat.  New signings boost everyone and especially give the fans some hope/higher expectations and something to look forward to on the opening matches as they get to see new players. We didn't have that last season (it was the same flat start to the season under Robson, when we only brought Bowyer in).  It is something that lifts fans before the start of a season, fires us up and has us champing at the bit to get going.

But no.  We have went and done exactly the same thing again, actually even worse, as our one and only signing/loanee is out injured.

Unbelievable, and no lessons learned.  Bring on the flat start and crap atmosphere.