NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I'd see McCarthy as a midfield anchorman, and we've already got Tiote, Bigi and Anita for that role.

I think McCarthy is better than any of those three, but my fear is that we may be buying him in the hope of playing him further forward.

I'd see McCarthy as a midfield anchorman, and we've already got Tiote, Bigi and Anita for that role.

I think McCarthy is better than any of those three, but my fear is that we may be buying him in the hope of playing him further forward.

Don't worry about that. Old Joe knows all about McCarthur and all about tactics. He'll slot right in to Pardew's 3-5-2 system. Joe's got it scouted.

I didn't have him pegged as a holding midfielder, thought he was more a box to box type?

Does anybody know what he actually does?

Think Arteta, sits in front of the back 4 and keeps things ticking over.

I think he has the ability to play further forward but i have never seen him play there to comment.

Reckon Anita-McCarthy-Sissoko might be a bit too defensive if i'm honest, would rely heavily on Hatem and Remy creating shit out of nothing in the final third.

So no change there :yao:

So then let's weigh up the pros and cons for this happening...

Cons

McCarthy / Martinez link & history

Wigan owner hates all things Ashley...

They want £15m

Pros

Joe....

Ah fuck it.

McCarthy aint no anchor man. He'd be the "creative" one in Ireland's central midfield. Come to think of it we're probably less creative than the Ireland team at the moment, so he'd be a step up.

McCarthy would be a very good fit, we don't need someone sitting on the defence and we have players like Marveaux who are more than capable to be play as a creative CM player.

Remy        Cisse/Gouffran

Ben Arfa/Marveaux

Sissoko  McCarthy  Anita

Nom, nom, nom.

McCarthy would be a very good fit, we don't need someone sitting on the defence and we have players like Marveaux who are more than capable to be play as a creative CM player.

Ben Arfa/Marveaux

Sissoko  McCarthy  Anita

Nom, nom, nom.

True it does look good, my concern is making sure that we are creating chances. I thought Anita and Sissoko looked good on Saturday but in front of them nothing was happening between them and the strikers.

I didn't help that Shola and Cisse were standing there like statues but still creation is a big problem.

Ben Arfa/Marveaux

Sissoko  McCarthy  Anita

Nom, nom, nom.

True it does look good, my concern is making sure that we are creating chances. I thought Anita and Sissoko looked good on Saturday but in front of them nothing was happening between them and the strikers.

I didn't help that Shola and Cisse were standing there like statues but still creation is a big problem.

Shola as a link man was fucking desperate. He was OK in the air but pitifully bad at linking play (bar one moment) on the floor and his movement and energy off the ball was disgraceful. Cisse tried to keep it simple and did move about a bit but he was far too slow on the ball and didn't show for it enough. Those two made Marveaux's presence pointless too, if we're going to play so narrow then we need 2 strikers that can show for the ball in pressurised areas, link play and interchange in tight spaces.

Krul                   

Mapou      Coloccini

Debuchy                                  Santon

Anita

Sissoko                  McCarthy

Ben Arfa

Cisse            Remy

:fwap:

Krul                   

Mapou      Coloccini

Anita

Ben Arfa

Cisse            Remy

If only Pardew had such tactical sense

Krul                   

Mapou      Coloccini

Anita

Ben Arfa

Cisse            Remy

Bloody hell he sticks out like a sore thumb :lol:

Name wise, he's the exotic one out of that lot.