NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest neesy111

You not noticed we finished 17th last season like? And the manager and coaching staff are the same.

Thought it was 16th?  Unless you're support sunderland now. :(

I didn't expect much more than a striker to come in and it appears we've got ourselves a quality one. Considering Kinnear's appointment and the knowledge that Ashley is never going to invest heavily, we've done about as well as can be expected. We have a squad which should comfortably finish top 10, and isn't that far off challenging the top six. Admittedly, we could use more depth in forward positions, but I don't see an obvious weak link in (what should be) our first XI like I have in previous seasons. If we had a manager of equivalent quality to a lot of our players, I'd be pretty excited about the rest of the season ahead.

:dontknow:.

:nope:

Whichever, we were still fucking shit. Without changing the manager or the playing staff we're just basically hoping things are better by default. Got to wonder why no other clubs have stumbled across this fantastic zero cost formula.

I still think if we finish the season with this squad and this management we're down. Goals win games and I expect very little from this lot.

Keep Remy fit and we'll be comfortably mid table IMO, irrelevant of the management.

I don't think we will go down tbh, but i'm not seeing much more in this squad.

You not noticed we finished 16th last season like? And the manager and coaching staff are the same.

When that happens you either sign players to improve, or if you believe your players are good enough to attain your objectives, sack the manager. NUFC have done neither.

I try not to meddle in your predicaments (I might get hurt) but this window is a shambles if it ends like this after coming in 16th last season.

(Still, don't think you'll be relegated)

Guest bimpy474

You not noticed we finished 16th last season like? And the manager and coaching staff are the same.

When that happens you either sign players to improve, or if you believe your players are good enough to attain your objectives, sack the manager. NUFC have done neither.

I try not to meddle in your predicaments (I might get hurt) but this window is a shambles if it ends like this after coming in 16th last season.

But "thank god we aren't in Euorpe". It was all Europes fault you know.

Keeping our world class players like Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Tiote and Taylor means it's an absolute success. A little club like us really can't compete in terms of actually buying players. Joe's working hard behind the scenes to ensure that our world class players don't get their head's turned too much.

Guest neesy111

Impossible to say what will happnen, just need to wait, hold tight and see what happens.  Though we are an a few injuries in certain positions to being in crisis.

I didn't expect much more than a striker to come in and it appears we've got ourselves a quality one. Considering Kinnear's appointment and the knowledge that Ashley is never going to invest heavily, we've done about as well as can be expected. We have a squad which should comfortably finish top 10, and isn't that far off challenging the top six. Admittedly, we could use more depth in forward positions, but I don't see an obvious weak link in (what should be) our first XI like I have in previous seasons. If we had a manager of equivalent quality to a lot of our players, I'd be pretty excited about the rest of the season ahead.

:dontknow:.

:nope:

I don't think our first XI is too far away at least, coaching/management and squad depth are the main things separating us from them imo.

Having said that, Everton finished 6th last year- would you have any of their forwards ahead of Remy-Cisse-HBA, for example?

Guest bimpy474

I can't think of a time when we have had been so few rumours near Deadline Day. It will be like Christmas morning for fans of other clubs tomorrow although it will be more Oliver Twist for us with Scrooge in charge!

:sadnod:

I don't know, lots of rumored targets tbh.. 

Ba, Thauvin, Gomis, Ince, Sow, Defoe, Ayew, MacCarthy..

How many bloody rumors do you want. Two out of them would be bloody brilliant. It is set up for us to get someone tmrw.. it is just deafening silence will fall during the day and by early evening the club will announce that we are done our business with Cabaye staying.

I'm expecting no one in and no one out.

Anyone who is happy with our squad obviously doesn't watch us. On paper our team may be good but they haven't translated their potential on paper to actual performances on the pitch. Our best 11 played well for 20 minutes on Saturday against Fulham who were poor. We drew 0 - 0 against West Ham who were also poor. Very few of our players are under pressure for their position. If Cisse is out of form he'll still more than likely start every game. Remy had a good cameo. Ben Arfa is our only creative player. We don't have much quality to cover for injuries. Our fringe players rarely perform. Look at the Morecambe game. We had to bring on Ben Arfa to beat a League 2 side.

There is no excuse for only bringing in Remy (on loan) when Harper, Perch and Simpson have all left the payroll.

Best case scenario: 0 in, 0 out

Worst case scenario: 0 in, Cabaye out

Everyone needs to realise that this is the case. Ashley's ideal day would be for us to sell Cabaye for some good profit then get Pards to tell everyone that we didn't have enough time to get anyone over the line.