NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I see Rhodes' wiki has him playing 5 times with 4 goals this season. Not sure why we arent in for him to be honest.

Because Blackburn paid £7m for him last year before he'd even kicked a ball in the championship.

Newcastle United Fail To Sign Bryan Ruiz & Liam Ridgewell

August 31, 2011

Matt Holmes

Sport

In an absolute depressing double whammy of transfer news for Newcastle fans, reports tonight suggest The Magpies have failed in last ditch bids to bring Bryan Ruiz and Liam Ridgewell to the club. With 30 minutes left of the transfer window, it’s looking highly unlikely now that Newcastle are going to get that striker they have been searching for since Andy Carroll’s last minute move to Liverpool in January.

Back then Alan Pardew bemoaned that he only had a few hours to try and bring in a replacement and a last minute bid for West Ham’s Carlton Cole didn’t materialise in a signing. Now Pardew and the Newcastle board have had months to prepare for the transfer window and all summer when it was open to try and find somebody to wear the number 9 shirt

1 February 2012 Last updated at 16:53

Adrian Mariappa focus thrills Watford boss Sean Dyche

Watford boss Sean Dyche has hailed the "immaculate professionalism" of Adrian Mariappa amid speculation regarding the defender's future.

The 25-year-old was chased by Wigan and Newcastle on Tuesday but played in the 2-0 Championship win at Millwall.

"There was a lot going on in that man's life and to give a focused performance like that just goes to prove what an immaculate professional he is."

He added: "I can't tell you how proud I am that he's in our team."

Neither Wigan or Newcastle were able to agree a fee for the centre-half, despite reports suggesting that a deal had been arranged.

We should have a fair idea what to expect tomorrow.

You missed the best one!

Newcastle bid for Charles N'Zogbia turned down

BY DAMIAN SPELLMAN , PA

Newcastle have failed in a late bid to lure Charles N'Zogbia back to St James' Park.

The Magpies made a last-gasp offer for the 24-year-old Frenchman, who left the club in a £6million move to Wigan two years ago after waging a concerted campaign, but saw it swiftly rebuffed by the Latics.

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce, who signed N'Zogbia during his time at the DW Stadium, has been monitoring the winger's situation for some time, but has been unwilling to match Wigan's valuation.

But it appears that the Magpies simply left it too late as they launched a desperate search for new recruits in anticipation of striker Andy Carroll's move to Liverpool.

You missed the best one!

Newcastle bid for Charles N'Zogbia turned down

BY DAMIAN SPELLMAN , PA

Newcastle have failed in a late bid to lure Charles N'Zogbia back to St James' Park.

The Magpies made a last-gasp offer for the 24-year-old Frenchman, who left the club in a £6million move to Wigan two years ago after waging a concerted campaign, but saw it swiftly rebuffed by the Latics.

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce, who signed N'Zogbia during his time at the DW Stadium, has been monitoring the winger's situation for some time, but has been unwilling to match Wigan's valuation.

But it appears that the Magpies simply left it too late as they launched a desperate search for new recruits in anticipation of striker Andy Carroll's move to Liverpool.

:lol: yeah you're right.

I'm predicting we'll have the chopper on standby for Jermaine Defoe, only to find that "we simply left it too late" again.

Probably one for the unpopular opinions thread but I will be relatively content with our business this window if Cabaye stays.

http://lunkiandsika.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/charles-bronson-finger-shooting-death-wish1.gif

Probably one for the unpopular opinions thread but I will be relatively content with our business this window if Cabaye stays.

From the squad that played a fair chunk of the season we finished 5th :

Out : Ba, Best, Simpson, Perch, Guthrie

To this squad :

In : Remy, Gouffran, Debuchy, Anita, Sissoko, Mbiwa, Haidara

We've strengthened in quality & quantity, but we should be even better.

I wanted two players.... one left sided player ( don't care if its an orthodox winger or not) and a striker who is able to link with the midfield.

So i wouldn't say i'm content because i think we are two players away from having a very good starting eleven and that would make me really excited.

But i'm not exactly outraged either.

I didn't expect much more than a striker to come in and it appears we've got ourselves a quality one. Considering Kinnear's appointment and the knowledge that Ashley is never going to invest heavily, we've done about as well as can be expected. We have a squad which should comfortably finish top 10, and isn't that far off challenging the top six. Admittedly, we could use more depth in forward positions, but I don't see an obvious weak link in (what should be) our first XI like I have in previous seasons. If we had a manager of equivalent quality to a lot of our players, I'd be pretty excited about the rest of the season ahead.

:dontknow:.